Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

Adam D 07-04-2014 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1179746)
Well, I got a box from Amazon today and I was quite excited. I got home, opened it, and it was flea treatments for my cats and dogs that I ordered two days ago. However, the NJ deluxe edition that I ordered weeks ago still hasn't arrived. Boo! Has anyone in the US gotten the Super Deluxe Edition from Amazon yet?

I got mine yesterday Becky and I'm in Florida. Fingers crossed yours arrives soon.

prayer_84 07-04-2014 09:12 AM

Hi everyone! I've just received my super deluxe edition from Amazon UK. Since I am in Bulgaria, my estimated delivery date was Jul. 11, so I am glad I got it a whole week earlier. It's a nice box, indeed. Love the booklet, as well (though it could have been a hardcover lol). The second disc with the demos, however, is really hard to pull out of the tray, so be very careful when pulling it out. I'll just switch its place with the slot for the original album. I really hope that you guys here will enjoy this release and it will fare well enough to guarantee other similar releases, too.

Bounce7800 07-04-2014 11:20 AM

The only thing I would have liked added to the booklet, and this is just what I like, is all the single covers and a little bit of blurb from where each single charted in the world with each different covers. I think the Queen GH package did this and it looks really good.

Nice to have all the lyrics, especially to the demos too. Interesting to see how they kept trying to crowbar the "na na na" hook into a song somehow. For what it's worth, I think if Growing Up The Hard Way got rid of them and was a bit more melancholy (and made to be about someone else rather than "I was") it would run in a similar vein to Hey God, and so even fit on These Days much like Diamond Ring eventually found a home there (and I prefer the Sons Of Beaches demo to that one too).

Alphavictim 07-04-2014 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1179773)
Interesting to see how they kept trying to crowbar the "na na na" hook into a song somehow.

Didn't they also write Loverboy's Notorious during that period?

And... Growing Up The Hard Way's intro may sound somewhat forced, but that's nothing compared to Lucky!

Rdkopper 07-04-2014 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1179789)
Didn't they also write Loverboy's Notorious during that period?

Yes, you could even hear Jon's backing vocal within the song as well as a fraction of his own verse.

Apparently, there is a somewhat different version that Jon initially wrote which was switched up after he gave it away.

My best guess is, a demo with Jon does exist because I doubt he entered the studio with Loverboy to record his parts. They probably pulled them from the demo. If so, the parts Jon sings on are the parts they actually kept from the original version.

Kathleen 07-05-2014 03:27 AM

Quote:

Well, I got a box from Amazon today and I was quite excited. I got home, opened it, and it was flea treatments for my cats and dogs that I ordered two days ago. However, the NJ deluxe edition that I ordered weeks ago still hasn't arrived. Boo! Has anyone in the US gotten the Super Deluxe Edition from Amazon yet?

Gee Becky, I got mine a day before the release date, Monday June 30. I was delighted to have it early and I have been listening ever since.

The Northern Cowboy 07-05-2014 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1179816)
Gee Becky, I got mine a day before the release date, Monday June 30. I was delighted to have it early and I have been listening ever since.

Lucky. I ordered mine off Amazon.ca and it hasn't even been released yet, let alone shipped. Slated for a July 8th release :(

Rdkopper 07-05-2014 07:37 PM

Its great to read all the positive fan reviews... for a change.

When I first acquired this collection of leaked songs, it was on an unofficial released CD called 'Feep The Faith and New Jersey Outtakes' The quality was even worse then what ended up on YouTube today. When you combine the unfinished masted demo with poor sound quality, it doesn't maker for a plesant listen. Still, I battled through it and listened to each one of those songs to the point of exhaustion. All I wanted for 20 years was to obtain each one of these songs in perfect condition which finally came true.

I really wanted finished mastered quality. When you compare the album tracks to their demos, it really makes you want the others in that same quality because you know they'll be that much better.

Bounce7800 07-05-2014 07:50 PM

It's like having a new album, even though we already have the songs and are familiar with them.

I didn't even realise I had stuff like In America on my PC until I was sorting through some stuff the other day, it shows how I must have just given them a cursory listen and forgot about them.

heart&dagger 07-05-2014 11:27 PM

Quote:

I ordered mine from Amazon June 30th. It arrived today. I'm in the SE USA. I hope you get your's soon.