Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

rolo_tomachi 05-17-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1130145)
Yes, but it's not like Jon's been playing those two songs of his on tour either, has he? And, honestly... as I said, I don't think it's about solo songs being played, but if that was indeed the case, it would make Richie the biggest asshole on the planet for dropping everything mid-tour because of that. Since I believe in Richie, I don't think that's the case.

Jon could leave Richie sing those songs. For me it would be perfect.

jessycardy 05-17-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1130147)
Jon could leave Richie sing those songs. For me it would be perfect.

Yeah, well... not my point.

Solid Sambora 05-17-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1130146)
I could do it in five minutes, but I will not. People are tired of my images, and I also. I'm in sleep mode. You will have to deal with my poor English.

You speak/write English better than a lot natives. :)

JordanRose 05-17-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1130072)
About the 'rushed' thing...

What About Now was NOT scheduled to be recorded last year, Jon has admitted this. He has stated that he found himself writing songs while Richie was working on AOTL and he wanted the album out ahead of schedule because of it's supposed social commentary and relevance to the state of the world, right now...

So originally, we can PRESUME that Richie thought he could write his album and release it, while promoting it this year. At the same time, he could be writing for Bon Jovi in 2013 and recording the new band album. It didn't happen like this.

Does Richie have a right to be a little p*ssed off? Sure. Especially as his album has bombed too. Should he be committed to Bon Jovi? 100%. I would be a hypocrite to say I will miss his performances and not say I am f*cking livid with him if his reasons are anything close what I am guessing at.

He is part of a band and whatever my feelings towards the new album, he should be on tour and he should be promoting it.

Slightly surprised by this. On the surface it doesn't quite seem to jive with the entirety of your frustrations expressed this year.

You say 'He is part of a band and....he should be promoting it'.

But you've stated repeatedly that it's not a Bon Jovi album among all the many, many other things wrong with the studio output, the live shows and the JBJ Corporate Empire in general.

What you've just said basically amounts to saying 'Richie is part of a band so if Jon wants to put out a shit JBJ solo record under the Bon Jovi name every year for the next 10 years then Richie and the band had better support it'. But you haven't said why he should be committed and support it other than because he's in the band.

At this point, given the train wreck the band as a whole has become, i'm surprised you aren't somewhat optimistic for the long term. If Richie continues supporting Jon there is far more chance the status-quo will continue and we'll get more fad-chasing albums for the next decade and more dull tours (I don't think you're right that the current and recent course would eventually lead the band into playing smaller venues due to dwindling demand to see them live).

If Richie doesn't bow to pressure then what this potentially does is open up a conversation with Jon about all the things we (and presumably he) are frustrated with.

When The Stones got together to make A Bigger Bang it was the first time Mick and Keith had written together face to face for an album in about 2 decades.

As frustrating as this silence/stalemate is at the minute we have no idea how it's going to play out and it could be to the benefit of everyone.

Slakk 05-17-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aljo (Post 1130077)
WOW! "If at all he chooses to come back." I don't remember Jon saying that in any other interview. Also, Jon seems a bit nervous to me, playing with that spoon. I think he's made it very clear by saying that sentence "if at all he chooses to come back"

Yep. I am happy Jon put it where it should be. Right at Richie's feet. To me it sounds like they are tired of his shit and he needs to grow up. In fact now I do hope they come by my area and I will buy a ticket if for nothing else then to support the guys out there doing it like PROFESSIONALS!

samboraisgodUK 05-17-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1130105)
I didn't say otherwise did I? Of course there's several damn good reasons for them to make up... the point I am making is this:

If this is illness/tragedy/emergency - there is a better chance of Richie coming back than if they're having a battle of wills... wouldn't you say?

No, not at all. The only one of those three that would make it more likely he'd return quickly is a minor illness from which he's recovered. But then of course the question is was it serious enough to keep him out on the first place. If its tragedy or emergency then there are a lot of concerns and reasons which could keep him out for a very long time. It's much simpler and easier if its a falling out to turn around and say 'I was being a twat, let's be friends' from either party.

Slakk 05-17-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanRose (Post 1130150)
Slightly surprised by this. On the surface it doesn't quite seem to jive with the entirety of your frustrations expressed this year.

But you've stated repeatedly that it's not a Bon Jovi album among all the many, many other things wrong with the studio output, the live shows and the JBJ Corporate Empire in general.

What you've just said basically amounts to saying 'Richie is part of a band so if Jon wants to put out a shit JBJ solo record under the Bon Jovi name every year for the next 10 years then Richie and the band had better support it'. But you haven't said why he should be committed and support it other than because he's in the band.

At this point, given the train wreck the band as a whole has become, i'm surprised you aren't somewhat optimistic for the long term. If Richie continues supporting Jon there is far more chance the status-quo will continue and we'll get more fad-chasing albums for the next decade and more dull tours (I don't think you're right that the current and recent course would eventually lead the band into playing smaller venues due to dwindling demand to see them live).

If Richie doesn't bow to pressure then what this potentially does is open up a conversation with Jon about all the things we (and presumably he) are frustrated with.

When The Stones got together to make A Bigger Bang it was the first time Mick and Keith had written together face to face for an album in about 2 decades.

As frustrating as this silence/stalemate is at the minute we have no idea how it's going to play out and it could be to the benefit of everyone.

David is presently the most successful member musically outside of the band without a doubt. I don't think he needs to have a hissy fit and demand they should promote and play songs from Memphis, Toxic Avenger, Chasing the Song and whatever other projects he has going.

If this is the case then Richie needs to grow up.

Stranger11 05-17-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BanJovi (Post 1130071)

Maybe I“m hearing things here but Jon says at 1:58 "...when he works through his personal issues...." and at 2:12 "we are fortunate that the guy that filled in for him last time that he had issues was available....".

As far as I know the issues Richie had in 2011 was rehab etc. Did Jon give a hint here?

Maybe Richie felt strong enough at the beginning of the tour that he could go through this without any of his demons showing up again (like on previous tours) but in this 2 weeks break (or even before) he felt it doesn“t work so he decided to leave the tour.

But then again he would have informed the guys not 6 hours before showtime - but it could be something in that direction.

rolo_tomachi 05-17-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Completely agree. Why Richie always have to crawl to the feet of Jon?

nrm123 05-17-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aljo (Post 1130077)
WOW! "If at all he chooses to come back." I don't remember Jon saying that in any other interview. Also, Jon seems a bit nervous to me, playing with that spoon. I think he's made it very clear by saying that sentence "if at all he chooses to come back"

Saying its just as good without him isn't doing anything good

nrm123 05-17-2013 05:21 PM

Just saw a post from a music store in UK about a new guitar pedal they have demo'd. The owner is a big sambora fan and he said it sounds a lot like Bon jovi but can't give details yet....in the comment was this.
Quote:

Its the new Richie Sambora Pedal..you pay for it...it doesn't show up, give you the sounds you were expecting and there's no chance of a refund either #richiesucks lol
I have gotten o the stage now where I find this funny even though I love Richie!
Hey maybe the reason Richie left and the store can't release details till end of month is because richies been out developing this...if only

rolo_tomachi 05-17-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrm123 (Post 1130157)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZM2KUCVe_I#t=02m21s

aljo 05-17-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrm123 (Post 1130157)

Yes it isn't doing anyone any good but to me that's Jon's way of saying to Richie, yeah you left and we are still touring and doing well without you. He just doesn't seem that sympathetic anymore.

I want Richie back as much as the next person but if it's really about nonsense then I don't blame Jon one bit for being frustrated and putting the ball in Richie's court. Whatever issue he is having doesn't matter, Richie does really need to either say "I will come back at one point" or "I will not". Simple as that.

Rolo, just curious, do you mind telling us where you're from? Your English is fine, I can understand it well.

Edited to add: i can't understand why Richie hasn't picked a winner in the cover contest yet. He can't be that busy that he hasn't been able to declare a winner.........what the hell is up with that?

Beaky 05-17-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

I getcha. If indeed, what basically amounts to me guessing what might be going on, is true - I can see both sides.

The music issue, the business side of things and the friendship side of things are different and I have different feelings toward both Jon and Richie on all three.

The album is utter tripe, in my eyes. Richie, however, shouldn't have signed on the dotted line to record it and tour it. He should have said 'I'm glad you're happy with the songs you've got Jon, record them, make a solo album. I am taking this year to do mine.' He didn't. He probably thought the situation was workable. I get the idea Richie thinks 'if it's happening in four months, I'm not going to sweat it, if its happening tomorrow, then SHIT, I didn't expect that, can we change it?'

I am still frustrated with the band and their output but coming at me right now is IOW festival without Sambora. The album has been and gone for me, done and dusted. As time has progressed, in my mind, it's obvious Richie isn't sick, there's no emergency and he's just proper pissed off for some reason. If it's what I have guessed at, I can see his point of view, completely. But he should man-up, put his principles aside and deal with his commitments. He should have done that long ago, because fans are missing out. Much as I hate WAN, I know I would rather Richie was chugging away, playing those non-existent guitar parts than Phil; even if it means he and Jon walk off stage and ignore each other - I don't need them to be a brotherhood anymore.

I also can't see this being a kick in the arse for this band and I am almost past wishing for one, now. I've waited too long. If Richie comes back, it'll be on Jon's terms because Jon holds the record deal and the contracts. If that wasn't the case, Jon would be on the phone now, saying 'what can I do to make this better?' He's not. He doesn't think he needs to change direction.

Finally, the reason why I can see Jon's point of view is, it's black and white. I've said all along that Jon wouldn't be making these simple, yet bold statements, putting the ball in Richie's court unless he really knew he was safe from any recrimination. Whatever has gotten up Richie's nose is a matter of principle and Jon is obviously, contractually, in the right. Which means he is able to say 'Go ahead, ask Richie what's up,' almost daring Richie to have the nerve to respond.

I run a small band, teeny-tiny in comparison and yet it's like herding f*cking cats. We have spent three years playing the same venues in five areas, building up a small set of people who come to every gig in that area. The gigs are arranged by the October of the year before; 24 a year. It's a pain in the arse operation. You set dates, you run these dates past people, everything is fine then someone's wife wants to go out for dinner; or they don't like this song because it's not got enough keyboard in it and it's like the world is ending. When you work hard to create a following; whether it's 60 people in a pub or 60,000 in a stadium, you have enough to worry about making everything tick over... the guys who just show up, want to be handed a set list and play shouldn't add to that worry.

Basically, what I'm saying is, you look at me and see a guy who posts on a discussion board but really, I'm a CEO of a minuscule corporation... ;)

nrm123 05-17-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1130160)

Wow that lead from bobby is great certainly something I will pay £100 knowing I'm going to get that! I wold of gone for the 12.50 if I knew I was getting it

crashed 05-17-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1130164)
I getcha. If indeed, what basically amounts to me guessing what might be going on, is true - I can see both sides.

The music issue, the business side of things and the friendship side of things are different and I have different feelings toward both Jon and Richie on all three.

The album is utter tripe, in my eyes. Richie, however, shouldn't have signed on the dotted line to record it and tour it. He should have said 'I'm glad you're happy with the songs you've got Jon, record them, make a solo album. I am taking this year to do mine.' He didn't. He probably thought the situation was workable. I get the idea Richie thinks 'if it's happening in four months, I'm not going to sweat it, if its happening tomorrow, then SHIT, I didn't expect that, can we change it?'

I am still frustrated with the band and their output but coming at me right now is IOW festival without Sambora. The album has been and gone for me, done and dusted. As time has progressed, in my mind, it's obvious Richie isn't sick, there's no emergency and he's just proper pissed off for some reason. If it's what I have guessed at, I can see his point of view, completely. But he should man-up, put his principles aside and deal with his commitments. He should have done that long ago, because fans are missing out. Much as I hate WAN, I know I would rather Richie was chugging away, playing those non-existent guitar parts than Phil; even if it means he and Jon walk off stage and ignore each other - I don't need them to be a brotherhood anymore.

I also can't see this being a kick in the arse for this band and I am almost past wishing for one, now. I've waited too long. If Richie comes back, it'll be on Jon's terms because Jon holds the record deal and the contracts. If that wasn't the case, Jon would be on the phone now, saying 'what can I do to make this better?' He's not. He doesn't think he needs to change direction.

Finally, the reason why I can see Jon's point of view is, it's black and white. I've said all along that Jon wouldn't be making these simple, yet bold statements, putting the ball in Richie's court unless he really knew he was safe from any recrimination. Whatever has gotten up Richie's nose is a matter of principle and Jon is obviously, contractually, in the right. Which means he is able to say 'Go ahead, ask Richie what's up,' almost daring Richie to have the nerve to respond.

I run a small band, teeny-tiny in comparison and yet it's like herding f*cking cats. We have spent three years playing the same venues in five areas, building up a small set of people who come to every gig in that area. The gigs are arranged by the October of the year before; 24 a year. It's a pain in the arse operation. You set dates, you run these dates past people, everything is fine then someone's wife wants to go out for dinner; or they don't like this song because it's not got enough keyboard in it and it's like the world is ending. When you work hard to create a following; whether it's 60 people in a pub or 60,000 in a stadium, you have enough to worry about making everything tick over... the guys who just show up, want to be handed a set list and play shouldn't add to that worry.

Basically, what I'm saying is, you look at me and see a guy who posts on a discussion board but really, I'm a CEO of a minuscule corporation... ;)

But is your ambition to sell out the local twice?

Beaky 05-17-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1130166)
But is your ambition to sell out the local twice?

HA!!! I would love to but you know what the problem is? Lawyers...

crashed 05-17-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1130167)
HA!!! I would love to but you know what the problem is? Lawyers...

lol, Reminds me of a Fun Lovin Criminals gig I went to and they did a whole skit about lawyers as that was what stopped them releasing a record for years.

Maybe your band should do something similar.

Walkerboy 05-17-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1130168)
lol, Reminds me of a Fun Lovin Criminals gig I went to and they did a whole skit about lawyers as that was what stopped them releasing a record for years.

Maybe your band should do something similar.

I went to one of their gigs in Hackney in 2001 and they did a Goodfellas skit with lightsabers!!! Bizarre, but funny as.....

rolo_tomachi 05-17-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aljo (Post 1130162)
Rolo, just curious, do you mind telling us where you're from? Your English is fine, I can understand it well.

I'll give you a hint.

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/3417/spainjovi3.jpg

crashed 05-17-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkerboy (Post 1130170)
I went to one of their gigs in Hackney in 2001 and they did a Goodfellas skit with lightsabers!!! Bizarre, but funny as.....

Great band, seriously tight live.

WillRunForChocolate 05-17-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1130146)
I could do it in five minutes, but I will not. People are tired of my images, and I also. I'm in sleep mode. You will have to deal with my poor English.

We love your pictures. Looking at those images are the only time I've smiled while reading this depressing thread. :)

JordanRose 05-17-2013 06:34 PM

Great post, Mr.B, a pleasure to read, as always.

LOL@ herding ****ing cats.

On your last point, maybe after being sober a while Richie has grown past wanting to show up and be handed a setlist and have everything else taken care of.

He waited 14 years after Undiscovered to put out another solo record. Since he's become clean and way past the halfway point he's said he'd like to do a lot more solo work.

Would it be too much for him to ask to do both and ride the Jovi coat-tails a tad? Obviously in this case there are specific timing and conflict of interest issues but that aside, would there be a single drawback for anyone anywhere if e.g. Richie got a 3-song solo spot in the middle of Jovi shows and they sold and promoted his albums and merch at the stands?

I can hear one objection: "a short Richie set would kill the crowd and suck the life out of the place". **** that attitude. Here are some of the spots Axl Rose gives his band at every show:

Tommy Stinson: Motivation (Tommy solo song)/Sonic Reducer (full songs with vocals)
Dizzy Reed: Ziggy Stardust
Richard Fortus: James Bond Theme
DJ Asba: Solo songs
Bumblefoot: full solo songs with vocals

Not to mention numerous improvised segues and jams ranging from 'I Want You Back' to 'Back In Black'.

Axl doesn't give a **** if some people use these spots as piss-breaks and they deflate the crowd because it's a rock show not a pop show with a choreographed hits set designed to keep people high from start to end. As he says: "This isn't Burger King. It's not 'Have It Your Way.'"

The other objection I hear is from Captain Johnny because, let's be real, if he was going to be so gracious to his amazingly talented wingman he would have chosen to do it himself years or decades ago.

What this whole Richie episode gives me is a little hope that, if Sambongo has big enough balls, instead of eventually going back hat in hand, he might force a conversation that leads to changes for the better such as a decent rest period for the band; a real band writing period without Shanks; a return to their rock roots etc etc

WillRunForChocolate 05-17-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrm123 (Post 1130159)
Just saw a post from a music store in UK about a new guitar pedal they have demo'd. The owner is a big sambora fan and he said it sounds a lot like Bon jovi but can't give details yet....in the comment was this.

I have gotten o the stage now where I find this funny even though I love Richie!
Hey maybe the reason Richie left and the store can't release details till end of month is because richies been out developing this...if only

That's great! We have to maintain our sense of humor.

I have gone back and forth on how I feel about Richie's absence. If it's substance abuse or his mental health at stake then I'll cut him some slack. Likewise if it is a very ill close family member. Otherwise, get back to work and stop disrespecting your fans and fellow bandmates. If this is truly a hissy fit over not getting to play his songs then he's a total jerk and good riddance.

Just writing those words is difficult because I have been a fan forever and have many great memories throughout the years. I hate to even think this could be "the end", especially when it's their 30th anniversary!!

Beaky 05-17-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanRose (Post 1130177)
What this whole Richie episode gives me is a little hope that, if Sambongo has big enough balls, instead of eventually going back hat in hand, he might force a conversation that leads to changes for the better such as a decent rest period for the band; a real band writing period without Shanks; a return to their rock roots etc etc

That would be EPIC and I guess, truly, there will always be a small hope that it will happen, otherwise I wouldn't keep coming back and expecting them to deliver something worthwhile.

jessycardy 05-17-2013 07:32 PM

The entire press conference from yesterday:

Part 1: http://youtu.be/xs9kxJO1Eb4

Part 2: http://youtu.be/ygu7nasK-hg

Jon at the end thanks the fans for their patience, their support and their trust in a good show. Obvious reference to Richie's absence.

EDIT:
For our convenience, the parts relevant to this topic are, in part 1. The first, at the 7.34 mark, Tico talks about Richie. Unfortunately, I can't really make out a lot of what he's saying, so I hope you guys will be able to fill in. The second, at the 8.57 mark, Jon talks about Richie this time and he says what we know he said, but there's actually more to that.

idbl_fanatic 05-17-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1130185)

Jon at the end thanks the fans for their patience, their support and their trust in a good show. Obvious reference to Richie's absence.

EDIT:
For our convenience, the parts relevant to this topic are, in part 1. The first, at the 7.34 mark, Tico talks about Richie. Unfortunately, I can't really make out a lot of what he's saying, so I hope you guys will be able to fill in. The second, at the 8.57 mark, Jon talks about Richie this time and he says what we know he said, but there's actually more to that.

Tico:

"Richie's been a big part of our band, and so its difficult sometimes in life, everybody has personal lives, and you have to give people space, we'll continue on as a band, we miss him, and before, whatever it's worth, it's important to have your own life."

Solid Sambora 05-17-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1130185)

EDIT:

The guy who asks about Richie coming back also asks about the lack of WAN songs. Jon says they're rotating 7...

I've got That's What The Water Made Me, BWC, WAN, Amen and Army Of One- what else have they played?

Bounce7800 05-17-2013 08:09 PM

I'm With You got played on the promo shows so maybe they are counting that

nrm123 05-17-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1130194)
The guy who asks about Richie coming back also asks about the lack of WAN songs. Jon says they're rotating 7...

I've got That's What The Water Made Me, BWC, WAN, Amen and Army Of One- what else have they played?

They played all of them throughout the course of the 52 countries

Walleris 05-17-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1130195)
I'm With You got played on the promo shows so maybe they are counting that

It was played once on tour as well, in Toronto.

nickolai 05-17-2013 08:22 PM

Maybe its as simple as Richie just wants a bit of time out. He's burned out and feels he's at risk from re-lapse.

Crushgen24/88 05-17-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanRose (Post 1130177)
Great post, Mr.B, a pleasure to read, as always.

LOL@ herding ****ing cats.

On your last point, maybe after being sober a while Richie has grown past wanting to show up and be handed a setlist and have everything else taken care of.

He waited 14 years after Undiscovered to put out another solo record. Since he's become clean and way past the halfway point he's said he'd like to do a lot more solo work.

Would it be too much for him to ask to do both and ride the Jovi coat-tails a tad? Obviously in this case there are specific timing and conflict of interest issues but that aside, would there be a single drawback for anyone anywhere if e.g. Richie got a 3-song solo spot in the middle of Jovi shows and they sold and promoted his albums and merch at the stands?

I can hear one objection: "a short Richie set would kill the crowd and suck the life out of the place". **** that attitude. Here are some of the spots Axl Rose gives his band at every show:

Tommy Stinson: Motivation (Tommy solo song)/Sonic Reducer (full songs with vocals)
Dizzy Reed: Ziggy Stardust
Richard Fortus: James Bond Theme
DJ Asba: Solo songs
Bumblefoot: full solo songs with vocals

Not to mention numerous improvised segues and jams ranging from 'I Want You Back' to 'Back In Black'.

Axl doesn't give a **** if some people use these spots as piss-breaks and they deflate the crowd because it's a rock show not a pop show with a choreographed hits set designed to keep people high from start to end. As he says: "This isn't Burger King. It's not 'Have It Your Way.'"

The other objection I hear is from Captain Johnny because, let's be real, if he was going to be so gracious to his amazingly talented wingman he would have chosen to do it himself years or decades ago.

1. Axl gives out that delusional amount of solos because his voice can barely hold up, and he needs to go backstage and suck down oxygen and whatever else to get him through the set. Not to mention that there isn't a damn thing "improvised" at a 2013 GN'R show, but I digress.

2. I'll never understand the whole "Evil Jon wants to make pop records and stops Saint Richie from playing 85 minute solos at every turn." Richie has never expressed a problem with what the band puts out, he spouts off numbers and accolades just as much as Jon does, and every track on his recent solo album (for better worse) could have fit on any of the last 5 Bon Jovi albums. So no, I don't think if Richie returns it will lead to some kind of mutiny.

jessycardy 05-17-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic (Post 1130193)
Tico:

"Richie's been a big part of our band, and so its difficult sometimes in life, everybody has personal lives, and you have to give people space, we'll continue on as a band, we miss him, and before, whatever it's worth, it's important to have your own life."

Thank you!

MrNickel 05-17-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1130160)

In response to Bobby's YGLABN solo, dear god what is he doing. Glad I didn't get a ticket for that crap.

In response to the Press conference video, I admit I bash Jon alot but I figure he's right to put some pressure on Richie to at least shed some light on why he isn't there.

Lisa71 05-17-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aljo (Post 1130162)
Yes it isn't doing anyone any good but to me that's Jon's way of saying to Richie, yeah you left and we are still touring and doing well without you. He just doesn't seem that sympathetic anymore.

I think him saying it's just as a good, is really Jon being the business man, he probably knows that it's not just as good but his at a press conference, selling the shows. He can not say, it's not the same but still come to the shows. What he says publicly and privately are two seperate things. Also you have a point, it's probably a kick in a the ass to Richie too. Get your butt in gear because life is moving on.

Bounce7800 05-17-2013 10:40 PM

I see from the AEG e-mail I just got that they are now doing "lucky dip" tickets for the UK shows which probably says a lot about sales, buy a £45 ticket and you may get standing, or GC or even DC.

liljovi93 05-17-2013 10:43 PM

I think it's sounding more and more like Richie rang Jon up, told him it's not the same anymore and he just wants time off. 'He didn't turn up and he will be back when he wants to be.' sort of thing.

Jon has the whole 'the show must go on' personality and obviously isn't THAT fussed. If he's back, he's back. He wants him back, but he knows he has Phil X to back him up if he doesn't come back. That isn't good enough, though.

Richie really needs to pull his finger out.

danfan 05-17-2013 11:14 PM

I;d say it seems pretty obvious at this point this is all Richie. For whatever reason, he doesn't want to be in the band right now. Just sucks he couldn't have decided that before they released the album and started the tour.

He's a big boy. If he'd prefer to play his solo stuff to crowds of about 100 people every night instead of Bon Jovi music to 50,000, have a ball. Personally, it's starting to sound to me like Richie's being a whiny little bitch over the failure of Aftermath.

DestinationJovi 05-17-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1130226)
I think him saying it's just as a good, is really Jon being the business man, he probably knows that it's not just as good but his at a press conference, selling the shows. He can not say, it's not the same but still come to the shows. What he says publicly and privately are two seperate things. Also you have a point, it's probably a kick in a the ass to Richie too. Get your butt in gear because life is moving on.

It was 100% a business statement. This press conference was solely to promote the tour. He can't say "yeah, we're flying the plane with one wing, but we're getting by." He HAS to say it's just as good to not only sell tickets, but to deter any more refunds.