Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

groover22 07-06-2014 10:01 PM

As great as it is to finally hear, and own these officially, I've got to say, on quite a few of the tracks, the guitars are way too low in the mix imo.

I'm finding it frustrating to listen to, for example, listen to 'Backdoor..' then listen to the leaked/bootleg version, and hopefully you'll see what I mean.

Same goes for the solo in 'Love Hurts', so low in the mix.

And yet, others like 'Homebound..' sound fine..

I wish they had left the tracks well alone, and just released them in good quality and at the correct speed, and I would have been a happy bunny.

Also, as has been said before, the version of 'Does anybody..' theyve chosen is bemusing, compared to the leaked version. Only reason I can think of for that, is if the other version is lost/damaged beyond repair. Either that or someone thought they were being clever/cool. NO.

I noticed reading the booklet, that Diamond Ring is the only track listed that hasn't been remixed, and you can tell, sounds superb.

I'm still happy to have the set, and still love most of the tracks, I just wish they hadnt messed with the mixes. ('Lets make it..' and 'Diamond Ring should have been on NJ or KTF imo).

groover22 07-06-2014 10:17 PM

PS - meant to ask.. Is it just me or does the bass line of 'Diamond Ring' sound practically identical to 'Lets make it baby'? Can't believe I've never noticed it before.

liljovi93 07-06-2014 10:32 PM

Reached number 50 in the UK album charts.

Captain_jovi 07-06-2014 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by groover22 (Post 1179882)
PS - meant to ask.. Is it just me or does the bass line of 'Diamond Ring' sound practically identical to 'Lets make it baby'? Can't believe I've never noticed it before.

Yup, It always takes me a few seconds to tell them apart.

heartshine 07-06-2014 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by groover22 (Post 1179880)
As great as it is to finally hear, and own these officially, I've got to say, on quite a few of the tracks, the guitars are way too low in the mix imo.

I'm finding it frustrating to listen to, for example, listen to 'Backdoor..' then listen to the leaked/bootleg version, and hopefully you'll see what I mean.

Same goes for the solo in 'Love Hurts', so low in the mix.

And yet, others like 'Homebound..' sound fine..

I wish they had left the tracks well alone, and just released them in good quality and at the correct speed, and I would have been a happy bunny.

Also, as has been said before, the version of 'Does anybody..' theyve chosen is bemusing, compared to the leaked version. Only reason I can think of for that, is if the other version is lost/damaged beyond repair. Either that or someone thought they were being clever/cool. NO.

I noticed reading the booklet, that Diamond Ring is the only track listed that hasn't been remixed, and you can tell, sounds superb.

I'm still happy to have the set, and still love most of the tracks, I just wish they hadnt messed with the mixes. ('Lets make it..' and 'Diamond Ring should have been on NJ or KTF imo).

Yeah, I'm totally with you on this. On the leaked version of "Backdoor" the lead guitar is soaring, and for me this makes the song so great. So I was totally bummed with the mix they released. I have no idea why the guitar is mixed so soft into the mix we got now. Guitar solo's should take centerstage when the parts don't overlap with the lead vocals.

With "Does anybody" I don't know what went wrong with the versions and the (missing) solo's. For me, Richie's solo's are the reason I like this band so much. I have a theory though, but I'm not sure if it holds up... Maybe they didn't get further with "Does anybody" than this version that most of us are complaining about... and they only made the more finished version (that we know from the leaks) when there was a request from Cher's label to give her the song. So maybe... the somewhat more evolved version of "Does anybody" did only come into fruition AFTER the official New Jersey sessions. Just a theory...

Rdkopper 07-07-2014 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartshine (Post 1179890)
Yeah, I'm totally with you on this. On the leaked version of "Backdoor" the lead guitar is soaring, and for me this makes the song so great. So I was totally bummed with the mix they released. I have no idea why the guitar is mixed so soft into the mix we got now. Guitar solo's should take centerstage when the parts don't overlap with the lead vocals.

With "Does anybody" I don't know what went wrong with the versions and the (missing) solo's. For me, Richie's solo's are the reason I like this band so much. I have a theory though, but I'm not sure if it holds up... Maybe they didn't get further with "Does anybody" than this version that most of us are complaining about... and they only made the more finished version (that we know from the leaks) when there was a request from Cher's label to give her the song. So maybe... the somewhat more evolved version of "Does anybody" did only come into fruition AFTER the official New Jersey sessions. Just a theory...

Its a good theory. The leaked version and Chers version are almost identical. I think that has something to do with it in some way.

Lucas_Roli 07-07-2014 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by groover22 (Post 1179880)

I find that frustrating too.On the leaked version the guitar is so loud and awesome...it gives me eargasms.
I'm going to start downloading some audio editing softwares that are expensive to buy,cause I tried bringing up the guitar in Audacity,Wavosaur etc. and I have no ideea how to do it.
If I can bring up the guitar with these new softwares that I'm downloading,I'll send you a PM with the song.

Grantos1 07-07-2014 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1179887)

Just noticed that, surprising for a more expensive version re-release.

Savvi 07-07-2014 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1179887)

Reached number 90 on the Australian album chart.

Dave 1986 07-07-2014 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grantos1 (Post 1179906)
Just noticed that, surprising for a more expensive version re-release.

I think it's taking all version of the Deluxe Edition into account not just the Super Box Set version. The iTunes version is only. £8.99.