Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Official Youtube.com Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36750)

rolo_tomachi 04-12-2017 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1223312)
It's that old school way that's now outdated and awkward, especially seeing these guys older...

It kinda reminds me of the time when Richie was trying to play back to back guitars with Slash and he wanted no part of it...

IMO there are two things going on here... 1.Richie is trying too hard to show that he's playful and in a good place... Meanwhile he's probably miserable... and 2. Richie wants to live in the past and be a kid again... Jon is too formulated and adult like for Richie... One can argue that Richie just wants to have fun and Jon is way too serious but I guess it just depends on who is more extreme...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Now both are in the extremes, and it's a shame, Jon has to try to have more fun and let the wild horses go, and Richie .... I do not know what to think, he should concentrate more on the show, forget about satisfying To the public and play their music in a more intimate and better rehearsed way, but I think Orianthi is the great distraction for Richie, and I do not think this will change.

Eveline 04-12-2017 07:42 PM

I wouldn't blame Orianthi. Rich is a kid that never grew up and he doesn't know such thing as 'personal space' as it seems :P

And I've seen a vid I felt really uncomfortable with Richie's strange behaviour...actually couldn't watch it till the end.

DryCounty 04-12-2017 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1223345)
I wouldn't blame Orianthi. Rich is a kid that never grew up and he doesn't know such thing as 'personal space' as it seems :P

And I've seen a vid I felt really uncomfortable with Richie's strange behaviour...actually couldn't watch it till the end.

Richie Sambora - Front And Center - "Seven Years Gone" Live Video - YouTube

Don't agree with you. I Love O.A.R to begin with so cool to see him jam with Richie. This is one of the few performances where I actually feel like Richie pulled the "jam-with-a-buddy"-thing off. The middle part where Richie and Marc Roberge sing over the piano is really great.

Of course it could have been a little better prepared like the ending where Richie all of a sudden stops playing and Orianthi doesn't seem to know when she's about to start her solo. Also feel Richies constant patting on the back can be a little too much - BUt - in Richie Sambora standards these days it is pretty great I have to say.

Eveline 04-12-2017 10:53 PM

I don't know, it was a little too close for comfort but I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

I love just everything about the song and that performance was just flawless! ^^

GabrielC 04-13-2017 04:26 AM

Quote:

Richie Sambora - Front And Center - "Seven Years Gone" Live Video - YouTube

This is one of the Richie performances I can't watch. The touching, the guy that don't know what to do, the final solo... Everything is just horrible.

Panda 04-13-2017 07:03 AM

Five years makes a world of difference. One of the most magical moments I've ever experienced at a Bon Jovi concert. Also Jons vocals are FIRE. It's not particualry vocally impressive per se, but he just has full control of his voice. A bit of rasp in the bridge. Man, that bridge. And then going back to it at the end of the song. Damn.

Eveline 04-13-2017 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1223386)
This is one of the Richie performances I can't watch. The touching, the guy that don't know what to do, the final solo... Everything is just horrible.

Yeah, with all my respect and love for Richie, that one was so out of place oO

Jeeper 04-14-2017 09:54 AM

Quote:

Richie voice is a bit wobbly on that. Still a Rolls Royce compared to Jon's though. The other guy sounds great. Who is he?

My only real gripe is the jam at the end - it was a mess. No sense of melody at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BJFan99 04-14-2017 12:29 PM

I know the televised 2nd night in Tokyo 2008 got a bum rap on Jovitalk - Jon's voice was shot, the set list was crap, the overall performance was lackluster, etc.

But let's take a look at that very show now...

https://youtu.be/HHO3zzWtW-I

Jon sounds F***ING AWESOME compared to his vocal state from April '13 onwards. He nails songs like Bad Name, ITA, BTBMB, IML, Saturday Night (probably one of the best ever versions of the song) and KTF (he even goes for the "YEAH yeah yeah!") with ease. Prayer is a struggle, but much more due to the overall rawness of his throat than his voice actually being in bad shape. And Jon still goes for the high "Livin' on a prayer..." before the solo *live*, and while he has a hard time hitting the high notes and his voice is literally "raw", he doesn't sound too bad. At times the slight hoarseness of his voice actually reminds me of the 80s and 90s, like during the breakdown of Saturday Night - when he (for once) lets go of his usual nasal technique and screams "I'M ALIIIVEEE... YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN???!!!" with his old raspy voice, it sends shivers down my spine. Also, he's not glued to the mic stand at all and keeps on running and jumping throughout the show like a mad man.

Richie is on fire. Just listen to his solos on songs like AOD and KTF (where he really goes nuts and runs all over the place while shredding the shit out of that guitar)... holy shit, I miss ol' Sambo.

Tico is what he is - The Hitman. He f***s up a bit at the start of KTF, but bangs those skins like crazy throughout the rest of the show. The guy is on fire especially during Radio.

DryCounty 04-14-2017 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1223513)
I know the televised 2nd night in Tokyo 2008 got a bum rap on Jovitalk - Jon's voice was shot, the set list was crap, the overall performance was lackluster, etc.

But let's take a look at that very show now...

https://youtu.be/HHO3zzWtW-I

I remember watching that over and over again when it was released in 2008. Now it's obvious it's far from Europe 2008 standard but it's still a GREAT show. Standard set list back then but with a few cool songs. I mean this is a great way of opening a show, just song after song, no speeches in between.

Lost Highway
You Give Love a Bad Name
Raise Your Hands
Runaway
The Radio Saved My Life Tonight
Story of My Life
In These Arms
I'd Die for You

Though I'm not crazy about ending a show with I Love This Town and Captain Crash...