Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Mysterytrain 08-11-2013 01:51 AM

Richie Tweeted:

"Hey guys just wanna say thanks and love for all your support.....can't say much right now accept that.... Thank you..."

Kiwi78 08-11-2013 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1150012)
Not all of his fans care about the band.

No true -I more meant the fans that cared about him in the band more so.

Becky 08-11-2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1150020)
Richie Tweeted:

"Hey guys just wanna say thanks and love for all your support.....can't say much right now accept that.... Thank you..."

It never ceases to amaze me that a professional writer makes the mistakes he does.

Sissy3 08-11-2013 02:34 AM

Richie and his teasing tweets. When the time comes that he can say more, will he? And yes the spelling errors are a tad annoying.

Mysterytrain 08-11-2013 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1150023)
Richie and his teasing tweets. When the time comes that he can say more, will he? And yes the spelling errors are a tad annoying.

There's a certain cognitive dissonance that happens in my mind when I read the Tweets with the basic grammatical errors, and then consider that he wrote the beautiful song that is "The Answer".

Becky 08-11-2013 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1150024)
There's a certain cognitive dissonance that happens in my mind when I read the Tweets with the basic grammatical errors, and then consider that he wrote the beautiful song that is "The Answer".

It would seem Mr. Foster has a better grasp on English than Richie does.

Alphavictim 08-11-2013 03:37 AM

If this whole episode has shown one thing, it's that Richie is not "the real genius of the band who wouldn't need Jon". Just as WAN showed how great BJ would be without Richie's songwriting input.

Bottom line: These two need each other, at least in a professional sense.

Kiwi78 08-11-2013 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1150026)
If this whole episode has shown one thing, it's that Richie is not "the real genius of the band who wouldn't need Jon". Just as WAN showed how great BJ would be without Richie's songwriting input.

Bottom line: These two need each other, at least in a professional sense.

Now that I agree with. They compliment each other in different but very important ways.

I remember the whole PR mess for AMOTL, it was nuts until they got Nick Light (I think that's his name) involved - and I actually have to wonder if Richie had the same PR support as BJM does, could he have been more successful with his solo stuff? (from a volume reaching the masses POV)

GabrielC 08-11-2013 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1150025)
It would seem Mr. Foster has a better grasp on English than Richie does.

What about Harlem Rain?

golittleperson 08-11-2013 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1150022)
It never ceases to amaze me that a professional writer makes the mistakes he does.

In his defense, he is not a professional writer. He is a musician and a lyricist. Much like a poet, they have always taken liberty with language. I was an English major and when I had to write in academia, it was quite different from how I may write here for example. Plus, I am an atrocious speller, I lived with a dictionary prior to spell check.

Plus, if I get in a hurry, ain't no tellin whit I might right. :p