Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   SiriusXM Bon Jovi Radio ch. 709 stuff (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70840)

Butters 06-27-2022 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musiccritic101 (Post 1282067)
To be honest I think the band was inducted a few years too late, Jon's voice was shot and the band didn't look or sound like a rock band anymore. If Bon Jovi had been inducted into the Rock Hall in 2008 or 2010 hell even 2013 the choosen setlist and performance would be a lot different musically and vocally.

An interesting thing to think about is what the setlist might have been if they had been inducted sometime between 2008-2011. You'd like to think they could have represented songs from every decade (Prayer, Keep The Faith, It's My Life, and [as unrealistic as it might be but I think it would have been perfect for the HoF) Last Man Standing. You could do those songs in about 22-25 minutes.

Thinny 06-27-2022 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butters (Post 1282068)
An interesting thing to think about is what the setlist might have been if they had been inducted sometime between 2008-2011. You'd like to think they could have represented songs from every decade (Prayer, Keep The Faith, It's My Life, and [as unrealistic as it might be but I think it would have been perfect for the HoF) Last Man Standing. You could do those songs in about 22-25 minutes.

In no reality would Last Man Standing ever have been played. Keep The Faith is doubtful too - it just wasn't a big enough hit in the US. I think even if Jon was in good voice the setlist would have remained the same. Jon would still have written We Were Us and would have wanted to perform that. No way they are not doing Prayer and It's My Life. The other song is always going to be a hit and Bad Name is the obvious choice, but this one could be swapped out with Bad Medicine, Who Says or another song that was a big hit in the US.

liljovi93 06-27-2022 12:56 PM

Yeah, I don't think anything would have been different setlist wise. Maybe 'Wanted.'

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Faceman 06-27-2022 02:04 PM

Neither do I. The played set makes a lot of sense, no matter in what condition Jon's voice is or was.
Bad Name was their first hit, it was their entrance to rock royalty. Livin' On A Prayer is their biggest song and It's My Life is the reason they survived in the 2000s. One can argue about When We Were Us, but since Jon always wants to proof they're still relevant and the song's lyrics fit the occasion, it's ok to be played as well.

liljovi93 06-27-2022 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1282074)
Neither do I. The played set makes a lot of sense, no matter in what condition Jon's voice is or was.

Bad Name was their first hit, it was their entrance to rock royalty. Livin' On A Prayer is their biggest song and It's My Life is the reason they survived in the 2000s. One can argue about When We Were Us, but since Jon always wants to proof they're still relevant and the song's lyrics fit the occasion, it's ok to be played as well.

And to be fair, it wasn't great (When We Were Us) vocally but Jon & Richie singing into the microphone together was nice to see again!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Alphavictim 06-27-2022 08:47 PM

When We Were Us is hardly among the 5 best Bon Jovi songs ever; not even of the past 20 years. But the lyrics were written about the situation and are sweet. The music isn't bad either, just not among the all time greatest.

Javier 06-27-2022 08:59 PM

I don't know I think 2011 or 2012 was thevoerfect time for them to be inducted and I can imagine Jon selecting We weren't Born to follow as the 4th song. But somehow the other 3 I can't see them changing.

StickToYourGuns45 06-30-2022 01:49 AM

This weeks show will be: 1994/12/08 - Orpheum Theatre, Boston

Setlist:

01. Help
02. With A Little Help From My Friends
03. Bad Medicine
04. Keep The Faith
05. Something For The Pain
06. Stranger In This Town
07. Always
08. Let It Bleed (David Bryan on lead vocals)
09. Blaze Of Glory
10. Blood Money
11. Dry County
12. Someday I'll Be Saturday Night
13. Lay Your Hands On Me
14. Blood On Blood
15. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead w/ Jumpin' Jack Flash

Encore I:
16. The Answer
17. Wanted Dead Or Alive
18. This Ain't A Love Song
19. Please Come Home For Christmas

Encore II:
20. Livin' On A Prayer
21. You Give Love A Bad Name
22. I Wish Everyday Could Be Like Christmas

Super excited for this one!! Hopefully they will go back to these being 2 part shows so we get most of it.

With A Little Help From My Friends and Something For The Pain were played in the announcement. Perhaps this is where Help, With a Little Help From My Friends and Let It Bleed were from when played as part of the covers compilation on NYE?

Edit: Have compared the Live Compilation tracks to the AUD of Count Basie 1994 and can confirm that Help/With A Little Help From My Friends and Let It Bleed are definitely from Count Basie. Anything we get tomorrow will be unreleased!!

Thinny 06-30-2022 01:29 PM

So have the just abandoned Cincinatti part two!??!? :mad:

StickToYourGuns45 06-30-2022 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1282102)
So have the just abandoned Cincinatti part two!??!? :mad:

I'm hoping not and that they have just decided to space them out abit. Obie definitely said it was part 1. I'd also like to think that Nashville 2013 was part 1 too, although Obie didn't specify.