Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

golittleperson 08-14-2013 03:16 AM

For those of you with a problem with non band information as to what Richie is or is not doing - just skip over this. I found it interesting, a conversation on twitt about the fashion Japan stuff going on this month. If anyone has read any of my posts, I am NOT a Lund/Borg fan and think they have done nothing but hurt RS image. Don't think they care either. Never minded his fashion business until his "partners" and new PR seem to be taking over everything, including the music. Also interesting is this conversation was with same person they accused of taking their video project and making a copy, blah blah blah. But sounds like Japan is on hold?

NikkiRich Clothing‏@NikkiRichWTB13h
Project on hold. Stay tuned

1 Retweet
1 Favorite
7:49 AM - 13 Aug 13 · Details

Tweet text

Reply to @NikkiRichWTB @cathypen

Image will appear as a link

yokomabo‏@yokoghurt
@NikkiRichWTB Any news about the sale in / your travel to Japan??

Captain_jovi 08-14-2013 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1150228)
For those of you with a problem with non band information as to what Richie is or is not doing - just skip over this. I found it interesting, a conversation on twitt about the fashion Japan stuff going on this month. If anyone has read any of my posts, I am NOT a Lund/Borg fan and think they have done nothing but hurt RS image. Don't think they care either. Never minded his fashion business until his "partners" and new PR seem to be taking over everything, including the music. Also interesting is this conversation was with same person they accused of taking their video project and making a copy, blah blah blah. But sounds like Japan is on hold?

NikkiRich Clothing‏@NikkiRichWTB13h
Project on hold. Stay tuned

1 Retweet
1 Favorite
7:49 AM - 13 Aug 13 · Details

Tweet text

Reply to @NikkiRichWTB @cathypen

Image will appear as a link

yokomabo‏@yokoghurt
@NikkiRichWTB Any news about the sale in / your travel to Japan??

You're not reading Twitter right. It's the other way around. NikkiRich said the project is on hold (the one they were accused of ripping off) and someone responded to that asking about Japan.

CKatz 08-14-2013 05:54 AM

A lot of people here have no clue what twitter is there for or how to use it... :rolleyes:
And if one guy's tweets piss you off so much, then it's time to unfollow.
You accuse Richie of bitching and whining (even though he's not even talking about the band, just making polite conversation), but maybe you should take a look at yourselves. This whole thread is nothing but bitching, complaining and whining. So if you want to see the crybaby, look in the mirror.

CKatz 08-14-2013 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1150211)
She is such a possessive, controlling little B. Threatened a fan may get more attention than her. Just like my post a few pages back with her brother on you tube telling anyone else who uses the music for come back as me has no authorization to. They are taking over everything Richie does.

The @NikkiRichWTB account is not run by Nikki, but someone named Janine (a fan who was made an intern)...which is why she signs off each of those tweets with "~J". The video was Janine's idea, not Nikki's.
Please get your facts straight before rushing to judgment.

JackieBlue 08-14-2013 06:24 AM

Hopefully this will clear some things up...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiggy (Post 1150171)
isnt it the street team member Janines page..... not the nikkirich official clothing page? confused :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1150176)
If I read correctly, that post requesting pictures states that Nikki requested it.

Actually, "that post" JoviJovi referenced is incorrect. Nikki Lund did NOT request it. Neither Nikki nor Richie had anything to do with starting this. A good friend of mine is the administrator of the original FB page that is referenced in the tweets between @cathypens and @NikkiRichWTB below and she (my friend) is actually the one who came up with the whole idea.

After it was posted in her FB group one of the members (@NikkiRichWTB) - and yes, Stiggy, that would be Janine - posted a very similar message on her own NikkiRich street team page, which is, in fact, “NikkiRich Clothing” (not to be confused with the official NikkiRich page, which is simply “NikkiRich”). One of the mods on my friend’s site (@cathypens) saw the posting and called Janine out on it on twitter:
Cathy Nagle ‏@cathypens
@NikkiRichWTB That's really rude to steal someone else's idea off their Facebook page and make it out like its your own idea.

NikkiRich Clothing ‏@NikkiRichWTB
@cathypens Never claimed any ideas. I always make videos for things, have made many videos along the way. ~J

Cathy Nagle ‏@cathypens
@NikkiRichWTB So it's just a complete coincidence that your name popped up in this Facebook group and the guidelines are almost verbatim?

NikkiRich Clothing ‏@NikkiRichWTB
@cathypens It wasn't intended that way. It's been taken off for the time being. Never created to cause a problem. Apologises. ~J[/QUOTE]
According to my friend, the message has now been deleted from Janine’s street team site. Before it was deleted, however, it was apparently picked up by the WTB Belgian Street Team and posted on their site, too.
White Trash Beautiful Belgian Street Team
As you all know, next month is the anniversary of Aftermath of the Lowdown.
NikkiRich Clothing have started making a video for this! But now Nikki needs our help. To show our support to Richie, she'd like to feature us guys in it.

All we have to do, is send NikkiRich Clothing a picture holding up our copy of Aftermath of the Lowdown, and his other solo CDs.

All photos will be used in the video, and a small message can also be included, send this along with the photo, not on the photo. Limited to 140 characters otherwise the video could end up a 3hr movie! So use NikkiRich Clothing twitter to count your message or a word count tool!

Deadline for photos will be this SUNDAY, you can also send your photos to NikkiRich Clothing on the Facebook page through a direct message.

Thanks for your help!
Since their posting was a direct copy of Janine’s posting, it re-states the same incorrect information about it being a request from Nikki [Lund].

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1150178)
Exactly. The message says to send stuff to NikkiRich Clothing, and that would be the official people.

Nope. Not the official site. See above.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1150178)
Also, this part pretty much makes it clear: "NikkiRich Clothing have started making a video for this! But now Nikki needs our help. To show our support to Richie, she'd like to feature us guys in it."

It’s clear, yes; but it’s also wrong. Perhaps someone saw the NikkiRich Clothing and assumed the same thing – that “NikkiRich Clothing” is the official site – and thought (from that) that Nikki Lund was the one who originated it. Or maybe Janine phrased it that way deliberately, to get more people involved. I don't know about that. But at any rate, it's not true.

To reiterate: Neither Nikki Lund nor Richie Sambora is involved in this project in any way. They haven’t even been made aware of it unless they monitor the street team pages and discovered it on their own.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiggy (Post 1150183)
guess the idea is not happening now...

The video is still happening. Just not on Janine’s site. She’s put HER video project on hold, but the original Anniversary Video is not affected by any of this. Here’s the link to the original announcement: https://www.facebook.com/groups/608188729201768/

I hope this clears up some of the confusion.

JoviJovi 08-14-2013 06:57 AM

Not sure why anyone would want to claim ownership of it tbh. It's not normal to celebrate a 1 year anniversary of an album to begin with, but this was a mediocre album that sold poorly.

CKatz 08-14-2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1150239)
Not sure why anyone would want to claim ownership of it tbh. It's not normal to celebrate a 1 year anniversary of an album to begin with, but this was a mediocre album that sold poorly.

It might arguably be the weakest solo album of the three, but it got great reviews, better than any Bon Jovi album ever has. It was also never expected to become a mega-seller.
Clearly the album struck a nerve or these fans wouldn't bother to spend their time and effort to do this. Nobody is doing this for WAN...

Captain_jovi 08-14-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1150240)
It might arguably be the weakest solo album of the three, but it got great reviews, better than any Bon Jovi album ever has. It was also never expected to become a mega-seller.
Clearly the album struck a nerve or these fans wouldn't bother to spend their time and effort to do this. Nobody is doing this for WAN...

Reviewed better than any of the BJ albums? That can't be right. It's my favorite album of the year and miles better than What About Now, I just don't think it reviewed better than the band's top sellers.

WAN isn't a year old so how could anyone be doing this for it?

CKatz 08-14-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1150241)
Reviewed better than any of the BJ albums? That can't be right. It's my favorite album of the year and miles better than What About Now, I just don't think it reviewed better than the band's top sellers.

WAN isn't a year old so how could anyone be doing this for it?

The band's topsellers got more attention by far (of course), but not all of it was good.

WAN isn't a year old yet, but nobody is planning anything for the upcoming "anniversary". Nobody even suggested it.

steel_horse75 08-14-2013 09:09 AM

Richies solo album with the exception of about 4 or 5 songs is turd.