Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Javier 08-14-2013 08:34 PM

I've spent some days away from this thread, and after skimming through the last pages which are basically people posting about Richie's tweets, and seeing the contents of said tweets my mind really just keeps asking itself the same damn question?

Is Richie unable to log in to youtube.com or hulu.com and search for whatever past glory he wishes to relive digitally???

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/n...n-wtf-meme.jpg

faith1985 08-14-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1150284)
Didn't Bob Rock say that the band dynamic changed between New Jersey and Keep the Faith? That in the 80s Bon Jovi was a band whereas, by 1992, it became Jon + band.

It's possible that that was when the seeds we sewn for the current situation.

If you look at the interview and performances from the 90's it used to be quite different compared to now. Jon still seemed to be relaxed, a bit naive and quite normal, yet driven. Same goes for the early 00's. For me something changed with LH / him being involved with Obama and his football team and him acting.
I am not saying the shows aren't good but the moments that made it special are gone and for me it was never about vocal perfection but about them creating moments that cannot be explained.

rolo_tomachi 08-14-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1150284)
Didn't Bob Rock say that the band dynamic changed between New Jersey and Keep the Faith? That in the 80s Bon Jovi was a band whereas, by 1992, it became Jon + band.

It's possible that that was when the seeds we sewn for the current situation.

No matter when, Richie has always had an important place in the authorship and composition, you see for example the guitar solo Bed of Roses, Dry County, last man standing riff or guitar solo I'm With You.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Shoes (Post 1150288)
The question no one raised yet is: will Bon Jovi still exist without Richie? Will David and Tico stick together with Jon for another album?

I'm pretty sure that Jon is already thining about another record, we all know what workaholic he is. David and Tico didn't want to go on tour in first place, Richie left... so, what about now?

One thing is to cancel an ongoing tour, another thing is to create a whole new cycle of album/tour.

I don't think Richie is coming back for Bon Jovi.

David Bryan is disappointed with the vision of Jon for many years. Tico not recorded the drums in the studio on many songs in these last years. Richie has always had a much higher level of commitment than these two. Jon has explained repeatedly.

I hope that Jon make ​​his solo album. Bon Jovi is the band "Jon + Richie composition and co-writing". It was always like that, otherwise, the business will be a scam.

Kiwi78 08-14-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jule225 (Post 1150297)
I don't think it has anything to do with business, or football, or acting, or politics, or anything else like that. I think he just grew up.

Yup - this.

nickolai 08-14-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

I don't think it has anything to do with business, or football, or acting, or politics, or anything else like that. I think he just grew up.

On the documentary what made me cringe was Jon's "phonecall" to someone in a hotel room in Spain boasting about a Bon Jovi show and how he's not the typical rock front man but the "CEO of a major brand". Came across as showing off for the cameras and made him look like a dick. His growing up happened during the Lost Highway era for sure. Richie is yet to grow up - and there may layeth the problem

faith1985 08-14-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Yes, it does because if you want to control everything you have to change because it is not about the fun part anymore. And Jon does not seem to be satisfied with what he does. Songs like WWWB and Happy now had some doubt and heart in it while WAN is just boring and forced.

nickolai 08-14-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1150302)
Yes, it does because if you want to control everything you have to change because it is not about the fun part anymore. And Jon does not seem to be satisfied with what he does. Songs like WWWB and Happy now had some doubt and heart in it while WAN is just boring and forced.

The Circle seems like it had some care taken over it. What About Now just seems....rushed. Hap hazard if you will.

faith1985 08-14-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1150303)
The Circle seems like it had some care taken over it. What About Now just seems....rushed. Hap hazard if you will.

When you listen to the interviews it seemed that Jon really cared for the songs which is important. I don't need to like it but it is important that the songs mean something to the artists.

JoviJovi 08-14-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1150293)
I've spent some days away from this thread, and after skimming through the last pages which are basically people posting about Richie's tweets, and seeing the contents of said tweets my mind really just keeps asking itself the same damn question?

Is Richie unable to log in to youtube.com or hulu.com and search for whatever past glory he wishes to relive digitally???

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/n...n-wtf-meme.jpg

He could but then he'd be missing out on all the adoring, fawning tweets.

Sissy3 08-14-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1150302)

I remember some long ago interview and Jon said something to the effect that while the others could have fun and do stuff between shows, he was always bogged down with the details of running a tour and the stress that goes with it. (Damn, that was a long sentence.) So he has to be the "grown up" and be in charge. The others have more freedom to hang out, so to speak. Of course, that was his choice but ya know, everyone bitches about their job now and then. :D