Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

ticos_stick 08-15-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1150308)
I remember some long ago interview and Jon said something to the effect that while the others could have fun and do stuff between shows, he was always bogged down with the details of running a tour and the stress that goes with it. (Damn, that was a long sentence.) So he has to be the "grown up" and be in charge. The others have more freedom to hang out, so to speak. Of course, that was his choice but ya know, everyone bitches about their job now and then. :D

Jon was an outsider from the start. Just go back and watch Access All Areas. Jon was a grump who usually sat away from the rest of the band and this was when they had Doc McGhee who ran the show. He realised around the KTF era that he could take full control and he did. Sacking Alec was his way of saying I'm boss.

Captain_jovi 08-15-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1150296)
David Bryan is disappointed with the vision of Jon for many years. Tico not recorded the drums in the studio on many songs in these last years. .

Back up both of these claims please. As for David you need more than what he said in the documentary to make that point. Please prove that Tico didn't record the drums.

Javier 08-15-2013 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1150319)
Back up both of these claims please. As for David you need more than what he said in the documentary to make that point. Please prove that Tico didn't record the drums.

He can't. No one can, it's just made up garbage passed around as fact, but then this thread has commonly had that. All we do know, there's a reason Dave and Tico decided to stay where they are, Richie didn't. Dave is featured a LOT more on WAN, he's all over the place. Tico, well, he phoned it in. I know they demoed without him, as Jon had said but Tico can lay down drum tracks really fast (the couple of days or so on HAND). That's it....

Shaz 08-15-2013 02:13 AM

As far as I'm concerned, they are all to blame...familiarity has a terrible way of breeding contempt...IF Jon has become the very thing he wanted to avoid [when he dismissed Doc], then the other members of the band have to a greater or lesser extent, *allowed* it to happen...fallen perhaps into a *comfort zone*...regardless, in a scenario like that, sooner or later there are issues.

SadieLady 08-15-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1150282)
... 10 years ago it was much more about the whole band and about music than it is now. Yes, Jon was always the frontman, but he was rather a singer in a band than "a business man with HIS band". God, how much I miss the days before football and charity and this self important ego crap.

This. I can't find the link at the moment (just got off an 8-hour road trip) but within this forum is an interview of Jon marking the 20th year of Bon Jovi. In it he emphasizes that one band member can't be more important than another and that it isn't just the singer's face. He uses a closed fist to signify unity. Fast forward 10 years and it is all about the singer. If Jon was really committed to keeping the band together, he would be talking with Richie, he would be meeting with Richie. Hopefully he is.

faith1985 08-15-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaz (Post 1150327)
As far as I'm concerned, they are all to blame...familiarity has a terrible way of breeding contempt...IF Jon has become the very thing he wanted to avoid [when he dismissed Doc], then the other members of the band have to a greater or lesser extent, *allowed* it to happen...fallen perhaps into a *comfort zone*...regardless, in a scenario like that, sooner or later there are issues.

Yep! But it is not just Jon to me. David and Richie have become self-centred as well.

faith1985 08-15-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SadieLady (Post 1150336)
This. I can't find the link at the moment (just got off an 8-hour road trip) but within this forum is an interview of Jon marking the 20th year of Bon Jovi. In it he emphasizes that one band member can't be more important than another and that it isn't just the singer's face. He uses a closed fist to signify unity. Fast forward 10 years and it is all about the singer. If Jon was really committed to keeping the band together, he would be talking with Richie, he would be meeting with Richie. Hopefully he is.

Reading this makes me sad. There used to be a difference between the image many people had of this band and how it really was (for a the most part). Now it has become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

jovigirloz 08-15-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1150341)
Reading this makes me sad. There used to be a difference between the image many people had of this band and how it really was (for a the most part). Now it has become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Makes me sad too. For me HAND was the last album I really enjoyed and I can see and feel the move away from what they used to be. Guess we realise it is nostalgic now, just a pity Jon can't admit it.

nickolai 08-15-2013 02:59 PM

Gawd it's all doom and gloom. Richie's back next month (his words) and everyone's glum. Rejoice the king of swing's return

JackieBlue 08-15-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SadieLady (Post 1150336)

Here's the link:
The statement is in the commentary on "Garageland". The whole statement begins at around 10:54. The part you reference is around 12:32.