Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

Captmorgs 07-08-2014 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1179937)
Since all the talk about Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore I simply wrote to Obie on Facebook and asked him why the "I know's" were taken away from the song. I was a bit suprised when he answered me today. So, here's the reply!

http://i57.tinypic.com/2qx1g8w.jpg

That's cool that he responded.

Captain_jovi 07-08-2014 06:51 AM

Well that settles it. No controversies, legal dealings, royalties and drama. Just an early version.

jovifan93 07-08-2014 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1179940)
Well that settles it. No controversies, legal dealings, royalties and drama. Just an early version.

Yep. Though his answer is not 100% correct (which he probably isn't even aware of), since this is also a different recording (slightly different drum breaks, etc.), so the vocals were not simply added to this demo some time after it was recorded, but it must've been recorded again and that tape got lost somehow...

Rdkopper 07-08-2014 09:32 AM

Someone should ask him if a Soundboard of Cadillac Man exists and if so, can we get a copy.

Rdkopper 07-08-2014 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1179937)
Since all the talk about Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore I simply wrote to Obie on Facebook and asked him why the "I know's" were taken away from the song. I was a bit suprised when he answered me today. So, here's the reply!

http://i57.tinypic.com/2qx1g8w.jpg

I'm not quite sure I get it totally...

So is he saying the original version that we all know is lost? And then what vocals were added after the fact? Is he saying that it was just a raw vocal only that Obie matched it to the music?

Jon tells someone to keep going. Is it the band or whoever was recording? See, I asked this question prior and someone said it was the band but the reason why I initially asked it was because, it doesn't sound live to me.

jovifan93 07-08-2014 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1179948)
I'm not quite sure I get it totally...

So is he saying the original version that we all know is lost? And then what vocals were added after the fact? Is he saying that it was just a raw vocal only that Obie matched it to the music?

Jon tells someone to keep going. Is it the band or whoever was recording? See, I asked this question prior and someone said it was the band but the reason why I initially asked it was because, it doesn't sound live to me.

As far as I get it, this is the original demo and, according to Obie, the vocal tracks we all know (with the "I know"s, the higher melody line, etc.) were added later (after the sessions), and that recording has been lost somehow. Though after trying to mix both of the versions we have together, I tend to claim that this is a different recording altogether, meaning that they recorded the song again later in the more full-fledged version we all know and love, and that recording has been lost.

Concering the "keep going", to me it sounds like they were recording all the demos live together in one room and Jon wanted to improvise, because he just came up with "I know" and wanted to try that out, so he told the band to keep going and play for a little while longer, even though the song was basically done. Note that after that, he eventually gets the whole "correct" melody together, just one octave down from what we know. So for me it's like the origin story of the finished vocal line, which is kind of cool, although I would've preferred the other version in pristine condition ;-)

united17 07-08-2014 11:36 AM

Hey guys, got a quick question.

I ordered the Super Deluxe edition and it has arrived at customs in Singapore (where I am). I just got a call saying my shipment has been flagged for a customs check.

I'm sure the CDs are fine and it's a long shot but I was just wondering if there was any footage of nudity, drug use or anything culturally sensitive (racism etc) in the Access All Areas DVD? Seems like a stupid question but I'd rather not get in trouble. :shock:

Thanks

Dave 1986 07-08-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by united17 (Post 1179951)
Hey guys, got a quick question.

I ordered the Super Deluxe edition and it has arrived at customs in Singapore (where I am). I just got a call saying my shipment has been flagged for a customs check.

I'm sure the CDs are fine and it's a long shot but I was just wondering if there was any footage of nudity, drug use or anything culturally sensitive (racism etc) in the Access All Areas DVD? Seems like a stupid question but I'd rather not get in trouble. :shock:

Thanks

Apart from several F-bombs, there's nothing too outrageous on there.

Alphavictim 07-08-2014 09:26 PM

Come to think of it... can anybody who has the physical release tell us who is credited for House Of Fire?

SuperBrad 07-08-2014 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1179970)
Come to think of it... can anybody who has the physical release tell us who is credited for House Of Fire?

Desmond , Alice Cooper and Joan Jett ;)