Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   #09 - FLA Live Arena, Sunrise, FL, April 16th 2022 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70906)

Captmorgs 04-16-2022 10:42 PM

#09 - FLA Live Arena, Sunrise, FL, April 16th 2022

Don’t see that Dominik has posted anything. I believe this is the set list from the last show in Sunrise, FL:

https://bjtours.jimdofree.com/the-to...e-florida-usa/

Setlist:
01. This House is Not For Sale
02. Knockout
03. You Give Love a Bad Name
04. Born To Be My Baby
05. We Weren't Born To Follow
06. Lost Highway
07. Roller Coaster
08. Work for the Working Man
09. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
10. We Got it Goin On
11. Who Says You Can't Go Home
12. It's My Life
13. We Don't Run
14. God Bless This Mess
15. Scars on this Gutiar
16. New Years Day
17. Lay Your Hands On Me
18. Blood Blood
19. Have a Nice Day
20. Bad Medicine
21. Keep the Faith

Encore:
22. Someday I'll be Saturday Night
23. Wanted Dead or Alive
24. Livin' on a Prayer

I will be there with my wife and taking our daughters to their first Bon Jovi concert. I prepared them for weak vocals and this is the text response from my youngest daughter:

“Dad he’s still an iconic rock star!! We will have a blast, we have been talking about this since we were little kids.”

That kind of hit home. Zero expectations except for wanting to hear Let It Rain and have a good time with my family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

facaXe 04-16-2022 10:48 PM

I already miss Everett. He's always so happy and brings up positive vibes. Hope he gets well soon.

efpg0708 04-16-2022 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captmorgs (Post 1279120)
Don’t see that Dominik has posted anything. I believe this is the set list from the last show in Sunrise, FL:

https://bjtours.jimdofree.com/the-to...e-florida-usa/

Setlist:
01. This House is Not For Sale
02. Knockout
03. You Give Love a Bad Name
04. Born To Be My Baby
05. We Weren't Born To Follow
06. Lost Highway
07. Roller Coaster
08. Work for the Working Man
09. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
10. We Got it Goin On
11. Who Says You Can't Go Home
12. It's My Life
13. We Don't Run
14. God Bless This Mess
15. Scars on this Gutiar
16. New Years Day
17. Lay Your Hands On Me
18. Blood Blood
19. Have a Nice Day
20. Bad Medicine
21. Keep the Faith

Encore:
22. Someday I'll be Saturday Night
23. Wanted Dead or Alive
24. Livin' on a Prayer

I will be there with my wife and taking our daughters to their first Bon Jovi concert. I prepared them for weak vocals and this is the text response from my youngest daughter:

“Dad he’s still an iconic rock star!! We will have a blast, we have been talking about this since we were little kids.”

That kind of hit home. Zero expectations except for wanting to hear Let It Rain and have a good time with my family.

That’s nice. Enjoy it. You’ll probably have a good time. I remember Rock in Rio 2017. By then Jon’s vocals were already atrocious but the crowd energy was something out of this world. I had a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rolo_tomachi 04-17-2022 12:14 AM

If they're not doing Wanted, Jon could bring back that fantastic version of Blaze Of Glory 2005.

I loved those arrangements, and it could be adapted to his current singing.

hackster73 04-17-2022 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by facaXe (Post 1279121)
I already miss Everett. He's always so happy and brings up positive vibes. Hope he gets well soon.

this tour will be cancelled soon, Covid has hit Everett, who next?..

DestinationJovi 04-17-2022 01:25 AM

This is my local show. First tour I'm skipping since Bounce. The ticket prices don't justify the performance so I'm passing. Feels weird but I just can't do it.

I hope all who are going have a great time though. It's Tico's local show (and kind of Jon's too) so maybe there will be a surprise (probably not lol).

rolo_tomachi 04-17-2022 01:44 AM

Blood in the Water would be interesting.

DestinationJovi 04-17-2022 03:14 AM

01. Limitless
02. Radio
03. Bad Name
04. Born to Follow
05. IML
06. Beautiful Drug
07. BTBMB
08. This House
09. Just Older
10. Let it Rain
11. KTF

Captain_jovi 04-17-2022 03:25 AM

6. Born to be my baby
7. This House Is Not For Sale
8. Just Older
9. Let It Rain
10. Keep the faith

YOVANAfromPeru 04-17-2022 05:39 AM

Concerts sound better without Everett!!!

Javier 04-17-2022 05:56 AM

1. Limitless

2. The Radio Saved My Life Tonight

3. You Give Love a Bad Name

4. We Weren't Born to Follow

5. It's My Life

6. Beautiful Drug

7. Born to Be My Baby

8. This House Is Not for Sale

9. Just Older

10. Let It Rain

11. Keep the Faith

12. Lower the Flag

13. Whole Lot of Leavin'

14. Do What You Can

15. I'll Sleep When I'm dead

16. Lost Highway

17. Roller Coaster

18. Have a Nice Day

19. Livin' on a Prayer

Encore:

20. Wanted Dead or Alive

21. Who Says You Can't Go Home

22. Bad Medicine

Audibles were Wanted and IBTFY.
Supposedly Jon sounded better than the last few shows according to the notes on setlist.fm

steel_horse75 04-17-2022 08:09 AM

That encore…awful. I’d have left after Wanted.

Those deep cuts they rehearsed sound great….oh wait……

hackster73 04-17-2022 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1279134)
That encore…awful. I’d have left after Wanted.

Those deep cuts they rehearsed sound great….oh wait……

awful, i also cannot stand do what you can.. songs like who says and WLOL need to be rested. Where are those deep cuts?

hackster73 04-17-2022 08:22 AM

this section is horrible

12. Lower the Flag

13. Whole Lot of Leavin'

14. Do What You Can

hackster73 04-17-2022 08:36 AM

why the hell can't Jon get his shit together and put a decent set together

like this for example

1. Beautiful Drug

2. The Radio Saved My Life Tonight

3. You Give Love a Bad Name

4. Everyday

5. It's My Life

6. Lost Highway

7. Born to Be My Baby

8. This House Is Not for Sale

9. Just Older

10. Let It Rain

11. Keep the Faith

12. Wanted Dead or Alive - Acoustic

13. I'd Die For You - Acoustic

14. Superman Tonight - Acoustic

15. I'll Sleep When I'm dead

16. We Don't Run

17. Roller Coaster

18. Have a Nice Day

19. Bad Medicine

Encore:

20. Limitless

21. Runaway

22. Livin' On a Prayer

Just a few tweaks but surely a more interesting set

angelsambo 04-17-2022 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 1279137)

Just a few tweaks but surely a more interesting set

by today's standards this would be a dream setlist

WildBilly 04-17-2022 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 1279137)
why the hell can't Jon get his shit together and put a decent set together

Exactly this.

Their songs are their capital, why not use them!?

Even the choice from 2020 is dubious. Blood in the Water is the best thing they’ve written and recorded in years yet it’s not seen the light of day. American Reckoning and Lower the Flag instead?

It’s like a builder having all the best tools to build a house but not really knowing how to use them so instead of taking time to adapt and learn, choosing to just use their hands and making a complete mess of it.

KeepTheFaith2211 04-17-2022 11:01 AM

He sounds horrific on every song so why not play weird stuff. It all sounds the same anyway. It’s time to give King Of The Mountain, Flesh & Bone, If That’s What It Takes and Burning For Love a go.

DryCounty 04-17-2022 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 1279141)
He sounds horrific on every song so why not play weird stuff. It all sounds the same anyway. It’s time to give King Of The Mountain, Flesh & Bone, If That’s What It Takes and Burning For Love a go.

I’ve thought about this to. There’s not a single song that is even half decent so he can’t be sticking to this setlist because it’s safe for his vocals. Everything will sound horrific so by that logic he could play whatever he want with the same result.

bonjovi90 04-17-2022 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1279143)
I’ve thought about this to. There’s not a single song that is even half decent so he can’t be sticking to this setlist because it’s safe for his vocals. Everything will sound horrific so by that logic he could play whatever he want with the same result.

He plays whatever he wants. That's we've been having these setlists for about a decade now. He doesn't want to do rare old tracks or deep album cuts, he wants to the middle-of-road country/pop things like LH, WLOL, DWYC and so on. Wouldn't be surprised if BWC appears on the remaining shows as well.

KeepTheFaith2211 04-17-2022 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1279145)
He plays whatever he wants. That's we've been having these setlists for about a decade now. He doesn't want to do rare old tracks or deep album cuts, he wants to the middle-of-road country/pop things like LH, WLOL, DWYC and so on. Wouldn't be surprised if BWC appears on the remaining shows as well.

Actually forgot about BWC. The band died in 2013 for me.

DryCounty 04-17-2022 12:44 PM

We Got It Going On and Captain Crash has to make an apperance at some point to make this ”tour” complete.

fanofrem 04-17-2022 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1279148)
We Got It Going On and Captain Crash has to make an apperance at some point to make this ”tour” complete.

Maybe Raise Your Hands and Blood on Blood too

hackster73 04-17-2022 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanofrem (Post 1279149)
Maybe Raise Your Hands and Blood on Blood too

nothing wrong with blood on blood but what about the crowd pleaser I Love This Town!

KeepTheFaith2211 04-17-2022 01:39 PM

How much of their catalogue have they actually completely ignored over the years? It’s sad. Pretty much full albums just get pushed away. So many songs which haven’t seen the light of day and not even now. In the 2000s for example. Next 100 Years not seen again after 2001. Majority of Bounce/HAND isolated since their respective yours. Not to mention the first two albums.

Captmorgs 04-17-2022 02:23 PM

We had an awesome time. Our girls’ first Bon Jovi show, and they sang and danced the whole time. They loved it. That made me happy. It’s weird, the vocals are so off on some songs like Bad Name and Who Says, and others sound good. I’m sure YouTube videos will prove me wrong, but It’s My Life, Keep The Faith, and Have A Nice Day were super enjoyable. Roller Coaster was fantastic and went over really well with the crowd. I thought I never needed to hear Whole Lot of Leavin’ and I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead in concert again. But they’re right in Jon’s wheelhouse (so to speak). Sleep especially was fun.

I didn’t know if Jon would make it through the a capella opening to Prayer. His voice seemed to waver. Strangely, as the band started in, he said: “Please rise for the playing of our national anthem.” Kudos to the guy behind me who was disgusted. What? So I definitely didn’t think we were getting Wanted. When it opened the encore, I was really surprised. Again, the videos will prove me wrong, but it was a 1000 times better than I thought it would be. His voice was gassed by the end, not much left for Who Says and Bad Medicine. Great night. Glad I went.

Rdkopper 04-17-2022 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captmorgs (Post 1279153)
We had an awesome time. Our girls’ first Bon Jovi show, and they sang and danced the whole time. They loved it. That made me happy. It’s weird, the vocals are so off on some songs like Bad Name and Who Says, and others sound good. I’m sure YouTube videos will prove me wrong, but It’s My Life, Keep The Faith, and Have A Nice Day were super enjoyable. Roller Coaster was fantastic and went over really well with the crowd. I thought I never needed to hear Whole Lot of Leavin’ and I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead in concert again. But they’re right in Jon’s wheelhouse (so to speak). Sleep especially was fun.

I didn’t know if Jon would make it through the a capella opening to Prayer. His voice seemed to waver. Strangely, as the band started in, he said: “Please rise for the playing of our national anthem.” Kudos to the guy behind me who was disgusted. What? So I definitely didn’t think we were getting Wanted. When it opened the encore, I was really surprised. Again, the videos will prove me wrong, but it was a 1000 times better than I thought it would be. His voice was gassed by the end, not much left for Who Says and Bad Medicine. Great night. Glad I went.

Thanks for the update... I appreciate and enjoy reading the fan reviews from those who attend shows. That's great that your young daughter called it out.

It's better than reading the same people posting the same complaints over and over again (guilty [emoji113]myself)...

I think the consensus is, there are so many other distractions at these shows, a lot of the vocal problem issues drown out. While some are obvious, they are forgiving because other songs get pulled together better.

I'm just trying to figure out why people aren't walking out.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

WildBilly 04-17-2022 04:36 PM

I’ve never not enjoyed a show I’ve been to (even Hull 2006 which was a very strange experience). In the moment, I’ll be right there in a happy place. It’s not until afterwards I’ll reflect and wonder what’s gone wrong.

I can’t help but compare to other bands that are on a similar scale in terms of status, longevity and ticket prices, and think well if they can manage to mix up set lists then why can’t Bon Jovi? Jon’s not the first front man to struggle with vocals, they’re not the only band to lose key band members and have to adapt.

DestinationJovi 04-17-2022 06:32 PM

Glad that Captainmorgs had a good time. My friends that went said it was awful. They fall more into the casual fan category as in they don't follow the band's every move, but always go when there is a show in town. They said the whole show was off key and they sounded like a bad cover band. They said they will never go to another Bon Jovi show again.

I'm happy with my decision to skip it. If this ends up being their last tour, I'm okay with my last show being the This House tour when Jon at least sounded like himself. The videos I was sent do not sound like the guy I've been a die hard fan of all these years. He's been on a decline for years, but this sounds like someone else entirely.

Supersonic 04-17-2022 07:06 PM

Aloha !

Watching a Bon Jovi live video is just the gift that keeps giving nowadays, really. There's no chemistry, Jon's suddenly smiling and point to every random stranger in the front row and has figured out all kinds of manners to supposedly make it a personal experience for those watching him fail up close.

I find it odd how any fan can lose himself in the show and not notice these awful vocals as the glue that's supposed to keep it together is so utterly focussed on either singing somewhere in key or hiding behind pseudo rock star poses and fake smiles that every performance falls apart as soon as he opens his mouth. So you lose yourself in what? It's not like there's any spectacle happening on stage unless you fall for the same gimmicks of your average cheap Vegas show. Those average karaoke bars in Japan and South Korea have better singers than Jon Bon Jovi. If anything, this shows just how much Bon Jovi fans do actually focus on the music as opposed to the smiles and gimmicks.

The thing that surprises me most is the constant "This is officially the last time I'm going to see them play because he can't go on like this" posts on here from the same bunch of people who've been saying this for about a decade. Considering how he's rarely ever in key and behind the beat all the time and you still coming home saying you enjoyed it he'll be able to keep doing this no matter what he'll sound like. So how will he keep doing this? As long as there's people willing to pay well over 300 dollars for this glorified karaoke band I'm sure you'll be able to go for this 40th anniversary because God Forbid, surely you can't miss the next cluster****?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

rolo_tomachi 04-17-2022 07:34 PM

https://cuarteldelmetal-com.translat...&_x_tr_pto=nui

I told you, guys... be careful what you wish for, can come true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1279165)
Aloha !

Watching a Bon Jovi live video is just the gift that keeps giving nowadays, really. There's no chemistry, Jon's suddenly smiling and point to every random stranger in the front row and has figured out all kinds of manners to supposedly make it a personal experience for those watching him fail up close.

I find it odd how any fan can lose himself in the show and not notice these awful vocals as the glue that's supposed to keep it together is so utterly focussed on either singing somewhere in key or hiding behind pseudo rock star poses and fake smiles that every performance falls apart as soon as he opens his mouth. So you lose yourself in what? It's not like there's any spectacle happening on stage unless you fall for the same gimmicks of your average cheap Vegas show. Those average karaoke bars in Japan and South Korea have better singers than Jon Bon Jovi. If anything, this shows just how much Bon Jovi fans do actually focus on the music as opposed to the smiles and gimmicks.

The thing that surprises me most is the constant "This is officially the last time I'm going to see them play because he can't go on like this" posts on here from the same bunch of people who've been saying this for about a decade. Considering how he's rarely ever in key and behind the beat all the time and you still coming home saying you enjoyed it he'll be able to keep doing this no matter what he'll sound like. So how will he keep doing this? As long as there's people willing to pay well over 300 dollars for this glorified karaoke band I'm sure you'll be able to go for this 40th anniversary because God Forbid, surely you can't miss the next cluster****?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I am still surprised that they have filled stadiums during 2017-2019, with the voice state in which it was already.

angelsambo 04-17-2022 08:32 PM

Bon Jovi @ Fort Lauderdale April 16, 2022 Beautiful Drug

Bon Jovi @ Fort Lauderdale April 16, 2022 Born To Be My Baby guitar solo

Bon Jovi @ Fort Lauderdale April 16, 2022 This House Is Not For Sale

Bon Jovi @ Fort Lauderdale April 16, 2022 Just Older

Bon Jovi @ Fort Lauderdale April 16, 2022 Let It Rain

Bon Jovi @ Fort Lauderdale April 16, 2022 Keep The Faith

Bon Jovi @ Fort Lauderdale April 16, 2022 Lower The Flag

steel_horse75 04-18-2022 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildBilly (Post 1279158)
I’ve never not enjoyed a show I’ve been to (even Hull 2006 which was a very strange experience). In the moment, I’ll be right there in a happy place. It’s not until afterwards I’ll reflect and wonder what’s gone wrong.

I can’t help but compare to other bands that are on a similar scale in terms of status, longevity and ticket prices, and think well if they can manage to mix up set lists then why can’t Bon Jovi? Jon’s not the first front man to struggle with vocals, they’re not the only band to lose key band members and have to adapt.

Re Bon Jovi … I have once. MK Bowl 96.
Wasn’t their fault the sound was taken up and away due to the high winds. You wouldn’t even know you were at gig that’s how much music you couldn’t hear.

I can maybe include the special THINFS show at London palladium. It was then I realised that the band I loved was over.
I hated all the extras on the stage and by end of the gig I knew I only liked about 2 maybe 3 from the standard issue of the album.

gabriele 04-18-2022 12:02 PM

https://youtu.be/2DNG9d1TXqM

Prayer Is not that bad

fanofrem 04-18-2022 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabriele (Post 1279181)

Prayer Is not that bad

Sounds much better when Everett is not there

gabriele 04-18-2022 03:46 PM

'Baby it's ok' it's quite long and solid

Captmorgs 04-18-2022 04:19 PM

Has he been doing the “whoa, oh, oh . . . Yeah, yeah, yeah” at the end of Prayer all tour?

gabriele 04-18-2022 04:44 PM

Yes he did!

Panda 04-18-2022 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabriele (Post 1279181)

Prayer Is not that bad

I hadn't watched any videos from this tour and clicked this one because you guys said it wasn't bad.

That was the most awful pile of shit, worse than any cover band version of this song I've ever heard. If this is "not bad" - then what the hell do the bad versions sound like? That intro was so awful. He had to restart it, and even then. Dang

Thierry 04-18-2022 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1279189)
I hadn't watched any videos from this tour and clicked this one because you guys said it wasn't bad.

That was the most awful pile of shit, worse than any cover band version of this song I've ever heard. If this is "not bad" - then what the hell do the bad versions sound like? That intro was so awful. He had to restart it, and even then. Dang

He’s been shit the last few years. And every year there is a bit more of a decline. JBJ is done.