Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Fun & Games (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   The official GTA IV topic. (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=48657)

Supersonic 08-09-2009 10:10 PM

The official GTA IV topic.

Aloha !

Do you play it? On PC or console? Do you play it online? What's your nickname?

Brilliant game this. If enough people over here play it on the PC maybe we could do a game together? Or Jovitalk vs. the rest of the world? :D

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Goldsausage 08-09-2009 10:17 PM

Play it on PS3. It's good online.

Jem and I used to play online together, good times, good times :D We ruled that thing.

Jim Bon Jovi 08-09-2009 10:37 PM

I havent played it in ages.

I pretty much gave it up once I'd done the game itself.

Nowhere near as much replay value as vice city but it's still a great game.

I might fire it up on xbox live when my current career on fight night comes to an end.

KeepTheFaith2211 08-09-2009 11:16 PM

Just completed it again. Thought it was decent but not in the same league as 'Grand Theft Auto 3'. Unbelievable game, that was. :)

Peterson 08-09-2009 11:23 PM

I had it on PS3, but got fed up of it after a while, so traded it in.

Just got a little too repetetive for me. Only ventured online once.

liljovi93 08-09-2009 11:36 PM

Played it on PS3.. was ok.

Prefer San Andreas by a mile.

Goldsausage 08-09-2009 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 933871)
Played it on PS3.. was ok.

Prefer San Andreas by a mile.

Urgh I couldn't stand that damn thing.

Could there have been any more orange in that game?

Grypweed 08-10-2009 06:12 AM

Never noticed the orange. I started playing SA again recently, cause I loved it when it first came out but **** the graphics suck man. Can't get over it eh. And I'm all about prettyful graphics. Style over substance.

Anyway, GTA IV is the shiznit. I finished it on PS3 a while back and started playing again a few months ago but haven't got anywhere, ha. Kinda boring the second time around but online is still kickass.

Panda 08-10-2009 08:44 AM

Own it for my 360... Bought the special edition the day it came out... I think I'm 12% done the career... :D

I don't really play games that much, but when I play gta 4, I go with the intent of completing missions, but always get distacted by running away from the police... Or watching TV... :(

KeepTheFaith2211 08-10-2009 03:33 PM

Grand Theft Auto5, I hope, will be much better. This game is good but is majorly disappointing. I don't like playing online.

liljovi93 08-10-2009 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 933933)
Grand Theft Auto5, I hope, will be much better. This game is good but is majorly disappointing. I don't like playing online.

Yeah, I hope it'll be much better, too.

It needs to be longer IMO. 4 was a bit too short and easy.

Panda 08-10-2009 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 933941)
Yeah, I hope it'll be much better, too.

It needs to be longer IMO. 4 was a bit too short and easy.

Easy? whatthe****areyoutalkingabout?

I still cant get past this one point coz i keep on dying...

Supersonic 08-10-2009 06:56 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bang A Drum (Post 933942)

I agree, San Andreas was more difficult. It took me about a month and I'd finished the game. The online modus is way more difficult than the missions itself. What mission do you find very difficult then? The bank robbery?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Panda 08-10-2009 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 933955)
Aloha !

I agree, San Andreas was more difficult. It took me about a month and I'd finished the game. The online modus is way more difficult than the missions itself. What mission do you find very difficult then? The bank robbery?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I found that both San Andreas and IV were hard. Then again, I haven't played San Andreas for a while.

And yes, the bank robery. I just gave up at that point.

I think the game needs difficulties... I usually play shooter games on normal, coz i suck at them...

But the main reason I can't complete the game is because I am so easily distracted... there is so much freakin stuff to do. (that and Fable 1 & 2... both brilliant games, although still a little short)

liljovi93 08-10-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bang A Drum (Post 933942)

Well.. saying easy may be a bit wrong but it was 'easier'

KeepTheFaith2211 08-10-2009 08:05 PM

I don't think any Grand Theft Auto has been easy. Every mission has it's own dicciculty, if you know what I mean. Some are obviously easy, just as an introduction to the game, and that ranges to missions which take at least five or six attempts to complete.

liljovi93 08-10-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 933966)
I don't think any Grand Theft Auto has been easy. Every mission has it's own dicciculty, if you know what I mean. Some are obviously easy, just as an introduction to the game, and that ranges to missions which take at least five or six attempts to complete.

Yep.. I didn't find it easy.. I got it wrong, I just meant easier. It's still hard, just easier than others IMO.

Supersonic 08-12-2009 07:16 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bang A Drum (Post 933960)
And yes, the bank robery. I just gave up at that point.

The bank robbery was the hardest mission for me as well, until I found out that there was health hidden in some alleys. (hint?)

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

KeepTheFaith2211 08-12-2009 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 934225)
Aloha !

The bank robbery was the hardest mission for me as well, until I found out that there was health hidden in some alleys. (hint?)

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

This may sound daft, but also use the cover system. It will slow the pace of the mission down and make it easier overall. :)

Dave 1986 12-05-2023 07:33 PM

First trailer for Grand Theft Auto VI is here;

Coming 2025.