Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Would you do a Jovi Cruise? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=56283)

brighton84 12-15-2013 03:11 PM

Would you do a Jovi Cruise?

It would seem that more and more bands are doing the cruise thing these days. Ive just been on the KISS Kruise and it was fantastic.Rock music,sunshine, beer, food.....

Im just wondering if Jovi would ever entertain this idea and if so how many would attend?

Becky 12-15-2013 03:57 PM

I would not. I have no desire to go on a cruise.

crashed 12-15-2013 04:08 PM

Hah Becky, you sure I can't sell you one ;)

I'm a cruise agent so that's a no-brainer, yeah I would!

However, being stuck on a ship with a few thousand adoring fans - I suspect that would be Jon, Dave and Tico's idea of a nightmare.

united17 12-15-2013 05:20 PM

Yeah Matchbox Twenty's is on right now and Train has one coming up next year. If I was free I would have gone on both of those but I'm kinda tied up at the moment and without much spare change.

I don't think Bon Jovi is as friendly with the fans as the two above bands so I figure they'll spend most of their time hiding. Not interested.

Becky 12-15-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1158050)
Hah Becky, you sure I can't sell you one ;)

The package would have to include psychotherapy. I'm terribly hydrophobic. I won't even walk out on the pier on our lake. I certainly don't want to be in a boat surrounded by water!

Makedde 12-16-2013 03:31 AM

Depends how much it costs and what I would get out of it.

rocknation 12-16-2013 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brighton84 (Post 1158043)
It would seem that more and more bands are doing the cruise thing these days. Ive just been on the KISS Kruise and it was fantastic. Rock music, sunshine, beer, food....

Price? And was there KISS? ;)

Captain_jovi 12-16-2013 03:38 AM

Hm. If it was guaranteed we'd get hardcore fan set-lists and q and a's with actual questions, yeah, I would seriously consider it.

WillRunForChocolate 12-16-2013 05:42 AM

I'd do a cruise in a heartbeat.

brighton84 12-16-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1158109)
Hm. If it was guaranteed we'd get hardcore fan set-lists and q and a's with actual questions, yeah, I would seriously consider it.

As the boat sailed out of Miami the band played an unmasked acoustic gig on the lido deck. They did two electric concerts in make up because the theatre only accommodates half of the people on board.The show which you cant attend is broadcast on big screens around the ship.There was also a Q n A with the band,Q n A with Doc McGee and various comps judged and participated in with the band.Besides KISS there were six or seven other bands on board including Night Ranger,Vintage Trouble and Leogun.Plus everyone on board got to have their photo taken with the band in make up or without.For those with kids under 16 there was also a meet n greet with the band.
It really was an amazing experience,the band are on board all the time and are approachable,its weird sitting down for breakfast and a member of your fave band is sat on the table next to you.
I know Jovi can still pull the crowds but I reckon a further five/ten years down the line they may consider doing a cruise.

brighton84 12-16-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1158073)
The package would have to include psychotherapy. I'm terribly hydrophobic. I won't even walk out on the pier on our lake. I certainly don't want to be in a boat surrounded by water!

Sorry to hear about your fear Becky. I did have my reservations about going on a cruise but to be honest you I forgot I was on a boat.

semigoodlookin 12-16-2013 03:33 PM

That sounds a pretty sweet arrangement if you´re a KISS fan. Bon Jovi would never do this, for a number of reasons. Maybe if Doc was still their manager?

steel_horse75 12-16-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brighton84 (Post 1158043)
It would seem that more and more bands are doing the cruise thing these days. Ive just been on the KISS Kruise and it was fantastic.Rock music,sunshine, beer, food.....

Im just wondering if Jovi would ever entertain this idea and if so how many would attend?

No. If it did happen id rather the boat sunk that anyone every having to witness it.

Bounce7800 12-16-2013 04:03 PM

I don't think I'd do any cruise for at least 30 years

crashed 12-16-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1158141)
I don't think I'd do any cruise for at least 30 years

Actually the average starting age for cruisers is around 45, but getting younger all the time.

Leave it til your 62 and you'll be eligible for the oldie cruise lines though and can have fun playing the bingo and suchlike, rather than doing the cool stuff.

Bounce7800 12-16-2013 05:41 PM

Who says Bingo isn't cool? :p

efiste2 12-16-2013 07:00 PM

If.....and its a BIG "IF" Richie was back for the 2020 Bon Jovi Cruise, it would make it a lot harder for him not so show up for "Personal Reasons" whislt out on the sea....The captain would have to sit at Jon's Table!!! and not the other way round.
Just think about the moneyspinning oppourtunities the CEO and Matt could dream up with each level of cabin. GOLD CIRCLE standing plus your own porthole in your cabin, dine on Matts' Wifes cousins brothers table with a free bottle of exclusive BON JOVI wine (the stuff they didnt knock out over the last decade).

The list is endless and sounds like a huge entrapment to lever every last drop of cash from your pocket. Once your on the ship your just a cash cow for the Bands management machine. I personally would hope that the CEO would think better of it.

Supersonic 12-16-2013 07:13 PM

Aloha !

There's no way Jon would do such a thing, he'd actually have to face some of his fans and sit down with them. No way his ego can handle so much critisism.

I think the real question would be as to would I be willing and able to sit on some ship for a few days with a bunch of obsessed Backstagers.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Captain_jovi 12-16-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1158153)
Aloha !

There's no way Jon would do such a thing, he'd actually have to face some of his fans and sit down with them. No way his ego can handle so much critisism.

I think the real question would be as to would I be willing and able to sit on some ship for a few days with a bunch of obsessed Backstagers.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

If it's a boat full of Backstagers I don't foresee much criticism. Smile, Shake, Smile, Ass Shake, a few K well spent.

efiste2 12-16-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

If it's a boat full of Backstagers I don't foresee much criticism. Smile, Shake, Smile, Ass Shake, a few K well spent.
LOL LOL.......

TwinFan 12-17-2013 12:19 AM

Cruises aren't only an elderly person's domain any longer. They have so much to offer that the only likely reason that the crowd seems to be older is for financial reasons. The cruise I took with my family when I was 16 is the most fun vacation I've ever had.

That said, I probably wouldn't do a Jovi cruise, or any band cruise for that matter. Being around that many crazies on a ship would get old fast.

golittleperson 04-13-2019 04:56 AM

Rock or Music themed cruises are becoming quite popular. Allman Brothers sell out quick every year, Kiss has a cruise and so JBJ has joined the party.

I'd go in a minute IF I could afford it - Runaways are out of my budget - jealous of those going. Been on two cruises and absolutely loved them. I'd not be overwhelmed by a theme, you can still do shore excisions and just rest....

Anyone on the board - on board? Would love to get a first hand experience review.

Thinny 04-13-2019 12:53 PM

Not at the prices they would charge. I could have the holiday of a lifetime for that.

bjcrazycpa 04-15-2019 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1252352)
Rock or Music themed cruises are becoming quite popular. Allman Brothers sell out quick every year, Kiss has a cruise and so JBJ has joined the party.

I'd go in a minute IF I could afford it - Runaways are out of my budget - jealous of those going. Been on two cruises and absolutely loved them. I'd not be overwhelmed by a theme, you can still do shore excisions and just rest....

Anyone on the board - on board? Would love to get a first hand experience review.

I am going to the one in August that leaves from Barcelona. I'll let you know how it goes. I have not done a Runaway trip before and it wouldn't normally be my thing but since I've wanted to visit Barcelona and Majorca I figured what the heck. And August is a good time for me to take time off from work.

TheseDaysEra 04-21-2019 01:38 AM

I can only imagine how much those poor bastards paid to hear Jon's cringeworthy voice lol. Jon should actually refrain from doing these shows, it's such a rip off.

Rdkopper 04-21-2019 04:49 PM

Anyone have the full set lists from both shows?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 04-22-2019 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1252474)
Anyone have the full set lists from both shows?

It seems no one from here went to that cruise, Jersey Boy! >_< lol

Captain_jovi 04-22-2019 03:50 AM

There's a completely different thread for the cruise here that had some posted pictures of the setlists here: https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/bon-j...3/newpost.html

BonJovi100 04-22-2019 01:01 PM

This cruise lookslike fantastic trip for Bon Jovi fans. I mean fans which are still excitement about new releases and not living in the past.

You can see Jon in small place. Ask him a question. Make a photo.Go to BJ museum. Listen stories from people which were with the band for many years. Setlists are maybe not in my type but they are definitely interesting. House ORSun, Halleluyah ecc sound quite good as a youtube videos. You can see all this stuff. Many many interesting things for BJ fans. You can hear also many other interesting artists (Tonic, Goo Goo dolls ecc) and much more

Price 950$ for:
- 2 JBJ & KOS show
- Many other artists
- 4 days on luxury ship
- Q&A
- Interwievs with Bergman, O'Briean, Matt ecc
- BJ museum ecc
I think this price is acceptable for me.

I think many BJ fans would go on that trip in their own most favourite part in BJ history. I would love to go for that cruise in 88-90, 2000, 2005 but I would also love to go there now.

Captain_jovi 04-22-2019 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJovi100 (Post 1252495)
This cruise lookslike fantastic trip for Bon Jovi fans. I mean fans which are still excitement about new releases and not living in the past.

You can see Jon in small place. Ask him a question. Make a photo.Go to BJ museum. Listen stories from people which were with the band for many years. Setlists are maybe not in my type but they are definitely interesting. House ORSun, Halleluyah ecc sound quite good as a youtube videos. You can see all this stuff. Many many interesting things for BJ fans. You can hear also many other interesting artists (Tonic, Goo Goo dolls ecc) and much more

Price 950$ for:
- 2 JBJ & KOS show
- Many other artists
- 4 days on luxury ship
- Q&A
- BJ museum ecc

I think many BJ fans would go on that trip in their own most favourite part in BJ history. I would love to go for that cruise in 88-90, 2000, 2005 but I would also love to go there now.

I take a bit of offense to us "living in the past". That's not what we're doing when we bitch. All for progress and change but the guy is phoning this in. Whether it's from lack of interest or his current vocal situation I don't know. Keep in mind the outrageous price and a setlist of mostly covers. It's cool to see but the hardcore fans are getting the same type of shows they can see on land. It's great that they have other artists but if you're going specifically to see Jon it's neat but...I just don't see the value. Have a blast if you do but he's up there doing cover songs and the same songs he does at every fan club event. While those are cheaper, it's not by much.

BonJovi100 04-22-2019 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1252497)
I take a bit of offense to us "living in the past". That's not what we're doing when we bitch. All for progress and change but the guy is phoning this in. Whether it's from lack of interest or his current vocal situation I don't know. Keep in mind the outrageous price and a setlist of mostly covers. It's cool to see but the hardcore fans are getting the same type of shows they can see on land. It's great that they have other artists but if you're going specifically to see Jon it's neat but...I just don't see the value. Have a blast if you do but he's up there doing cover songs and the same songs he does at every fan club event. While those are cheaper, it's not by much.

It wasn't offense to anyone here. I mean if you don't like what BJ do now, how Jon sound now or llisten covers ecc this trip is not for you.

It's just great fun for people who love THINFSale, who accept how Jon sound today (we can read that people have great fun after shows in which on youtube Jon sound horrible) and can enjoy show with setlist which is far from their dream setlist.

Hmm. I never have seen BJ with KOS. I problably never listen live 50% or more songs from this setlist (I was on 4 BJ shows). For me it would be interesting to hear them live. I really don't like many BJ songs which live are enoyable (like Sleep WIDead for example). So for me listen this setlist would be interesting.
So 2 shows which 50% or more songs that I didn't heard live, watching museum, meet people from BJ camp, listen great stories, meet with fans around the world, listen other artist. I think for me this could be great fun and I'm not talking only about JBJ shows. 950$ is acceptable for this.

That's all. So from me voet goest to - Yes, I Do :)

DestinationJovi 04-23-2019 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJovi100 (Post 1252495)

Price 950$ for:
- 2 JBJ & KOS show
- Many other artists
- 4 days on luxury ship
- Q&A
- BJ museum ecc

Let's be real.

$950 is the cost per person when sharing a tiny interior cabin with three other people.

When you add the taxes and fees, the $950 price turns into $1680. Travel insurance, if you choose to purchase it, is extra.

Want to enjoy cocktails onboard? The beverage package is an additional $100 a day. Now you're at $2080.

And unless you live where the port is, you also need to pay for a flight. And if you fly in the night before to ensure you don't miss the boat, you'll have to pay for a night's hotel stay too.

Of course, you will incur other additional costs throughout your trip.

Still worth it?

Captain_jovi 04-23-2019 01:39 AM

Good call on paying extra for drinks. This trip is absolutely worth it for some. If you have spending money, are okay with Jon's voice and aren't going expecting a lot of deep cuts, sure I can see how this is worth it for some fans. But those prices and Jon's voice just cut that down to a big no for me. But that's me.

Rdkopper 04-23-2019 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1252509)
Let's be real.

$950 is the cost per person when sharing a tiny interior cabin with three other people.

When you add the taxes and fees, the $950 price turns into $1680. Travel insurance, if you choose to purchase it, is extra.

Want to enjoy cocktails onboard? The beverage package is an additional $100 a day. Now you're at $2080.

And unless you live where the port is, you also need to pay for a flight. And if you fly in the night before to ensure you don't miss the boat, you'll have to pay for a night's hotel stay too.

Still worth it?

But all that fluff goes for any vacation... The only true way to compare is to just find out how much that exact same cruise would cost without Jon... Someone should just look that up...

DestinationJovi 04-23-2019 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1252512)
But all that fluff goes for any vacation... The only true way to compare is to just find out how much that exact same cruise would cost without Jon... Someone should just look that up...

He said $950 is an acceptable price to him. My point was the cost ends up being nowhere near $950.

Regular cruises from Miami to the Bahamas are 1/4 to 1/2 the price. No one is taking this cruise just to go on a cruise. These are major Bon Jovi fans.

BonJovi100 04-23-2019 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1252509)
Let's be real.

Still worth it?

This cost which you add are the same in any other luxury ship trip.
I think it's kind of trip that you are going one time in life so 950$ (or more) + other cost for whole life? Still Yes from me.

YOVANAfromPeru 04-23-2019 10:51 AM

O_O wait!!! How $950 turns into $1,680 (included taxes and fees)???
No way, that must be a payment plan for months or something... ‘cause as far as I understood the other time the full payment of $950 would be $1,170 (included taxes and fees)

However they say steady Runaway Tours customers were 50%, the other 50% were new people...

I just think they should improve their business, that is all.

Supersonic 04-23-2019 04:36 PM

Aloha !
Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJovi100 (Post 1252514)
This cost which you add are the same in any other luxury ship trip.

I think it's kind of trip that you are going one time in life so 950$ (or more) + other cost for whole life? Still Yes from me.

Really now? Have you ever really travelled before?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 04-24-2019 11:00 PM

it seems they are considering it a vacation as well...: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RunawayCarib

Becky 04-27-2019 03:11 AM

As I told the many Facebook and Twitter friends who sent me links about the cruise: I am far more afraid of water than I am devoted to Bon Jovi. I won’t even walk out onto the pier of the lake on our property.