Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Ten Classic Bon Jovi Albums Presented As Special Editions (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=50680)

Simon 04-21-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Northern Cowboy (Post 985022)
There is also another version available on the Target exclusive CD released with some of the Bounce demos on it.

Ah Ok... that's something I never got a hold on. Do you know where it was recorded? It also features a live version of "Misunderstood", I figure that's the one from the Grand Ballroom?

Supersonic 04-21-2010 04:57 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 984965)
Do you count DVDs???

Yes.

The 5th and 6th (forgot 1) live versions of Sleep are from Zurich and New York.
The 3rd and 4th (forgot 1) live versions of Faith are from Zurich and New York.
The other 2 live versions of Crash are from Zurich, New York (Grand Ballroom) and there isn't another, so that's 3 live versions
The other 3 live versions of Just Older are from Zurich, New York (Grand Ballroom) and New York (China Club).

Bounce was officially released for download on the American XS site. It was from Shepherds Bush, London, UK.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

jungleland 04-21-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 984984)
I don't like when something is added to a album. SWW starts with Let It Rock (actually Pink Flamingos) and ends with Wild In The Streets - it i closed, nothing more belongs there. It should be kept as unique unit! I've always hated when bands like Def Leppard re-released their albums and added some songs to them. Well, this habit came to Bon Jovi land. On the other hand I wouldn't mind bonus disc. I like that Def Leppard remasterd their top albums and released each with a bonus disc with stuff from that era, they just didn't have to add anything to the original album.

So you praise and critizise the same Leppard albums. Only "Pyromania", "Hysteria" and "Adrenalize" have been reissued?!?!
They all have a bonus disc and Adrenalize and Hysteria have bonus songs after the actual album.

BTW: Who needs BJ remasters with Live songs ?? No one! Obie outdid himself again!

Johny 04-21-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungleland (Post 985069)
So you praise and critizise the same Leppard albums. Only "Pyromania", "Hysteria" and "Adrenalize" have been reissued?!?!
They all have a bonus disc and Adrenalize and Hysteria have bonus songs after the actual album.

BTW: Who needs BJ remasters with Live songs ?? No one! Obie outdid himself again!

Right. I like that they have remastered their albums and I like that they added a bonus disc to each. I don't like that they added some track to the actual albums. Another story is that the bonuses on the albums and on the bonus discs are b-sides from singles...

Nobody needs it but some people seem to be buying it.

Adam D 04-21-2010 09:07 PM

I'll buy These Days right away, and Keep The Faith and New Jersey at some point. Probably going to give the others a pass unless the live tracks wow me for some reason.

Grantos1 04-21-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 984931)
The track-listings are on this site:

http://music.aol.com/artist/bon-jovi/album

Some have 2 extra tracks and some have 4.

There is also a 'Tour Box' listed here.

So with these releases, are the album tracks remastered? All my albums are the original releases, so I can't vouch for how good / bad the remasters from a few years back are.

Dave 1986 04-22-2010 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makedde (Post 985024)
Sounds like it'll cost a frigging fortune...but I want it.:cool:

Just looked on Play.com and they're all £7.99 each. So for all of them you're looking at around £80.

I'm sure I'll pick up some of these, particularly the 80's ones, though if I have the live tracks in any other shape or form I won't bother.

prouknow 04-22-2010 01:05 PM

Joey has been released as a bonus track on the Japanese version of TLFR, and on the cd-r promo in the UK...

Bleeding Purist 04-22-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 985072)
Right. I like that they have remastered their albums and I like that they added a bonus disc to each. I don't like that they added some track to the actual albums. Another story is that the bonuses on the albums and on the bonus discs are b-sides from singles...

Nobody needs it but some people seem to be buying it.

Are you trying to be funny???

In the first place, those albums were badly in need of remastering. I'd have bought them for the albums alone (I skipped Adrenalize, as my fellow Leppard fans here know..I abhor that piece of shit.)

Then as for the B Sides being added.... the fact I may own Ride Into The Sun as the B side on my Hysteria 45 rpm single or Billy's Got a Gun (Live) on a cassette-single is all fine and dandy, but I don't use my phonograph anymore, or my tape deck. In fact, they are both out of commision. I also didn't own every single B side. Both the Adrenalize and Hysteria Deluxe packages serve as comprehensive packages to cover what came out with each album and their respective singles.

Some people seem to be buying it? I'd say the majority of Leppard fans did exactly that and had no complaints. Most would say it was exactly what they needed.

Bleeding Purist 04-22-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grantos1 (Post 985086)
There is also a 'Tour Box' listed here.

So with these releases, are the album tracks remastered? All my albums are the original releases, so I can't vouch for how good / bad the remasters from a few years back are.

Then you're the perfect candidate to be in the market for these. Most of us own the remastered versions already so we would be buying the albums for just extra tracks tacked on.

Johny 04-22-2010 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 985174)
Are you trying to be funny???

In the first place, those albums were badly in need of remastering. I'd have bought them for the albums alone (I skipped Adrenalize, as my fellow Leppard fans here know..I abhor that piece of shit.)

Then as for the B Sides being added.... the fact I may own Ride Into The Sun as the B side on my Hysteria 45 rpm single or Billy's Got a Gun (Live) on a cassette-single is all fine and dandy, but I don't use my phonograph anymore, or my tape deck. In fact, they are both out of commision. I also didn't own every single B side. Both the Adrenalize and Hysteria Deluxe packages serve as comprehensive packages to cover what came out with each album and their respective singles.

Some people seem to be buying it? I'd say the majority of Leppard fans did exactly that and had no complaints. Most would say it was exactly what they needed.

I was replying to jungleland's post where he had asked something like: Who needs BJ remasters with live songs? My reply was that nobody needs it. It wasn't about the Def Leppard albums.

I like Adrenalize more then Pyromania :) I didn't do any research but I think the songs on the bonuses had been released on singles or Retroactive album before. At least, it was all remastered so it was worth buying. And it was only three albums (maybe because the rest is shit :) ) and not ten (even if some of them are shit :) ) and it included demos etc and not only live songs.

As I said, I'll listen to it at shop or download it and then decide if it is worth buying. Maybe I'll buy SWW because I have it five times now (each is different: cassette, LP, remastered CD, Japanese import, DualDisc) and maybe New Jersey since it's the best album ever released. But I really don't like the idea of having an old album extended with anything different. I have critisied every band for doing it :(

Rdkopper 04-22-2010 05:51 PM

If you buy the entire box set, you get a DVD of Access All Areas.

If the price is right, It's not a bad thing to add to your collection. I'd say under 50.00 bucks for me, is a good deal

Does anyone know the price for the entire collection? They'll probably offer a special promo price in it's first week of release.

Don't forget, for every box set sold, that's counts as 10 albums sold.

Bleeding Purist 04-22-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 985177)
I was replying to jungleland's post where he had asked something like: Who needs BJ remasters with live songs? My reply was that nobody needs it. It wasn't about the Def Leppard albums.

I like Adrenalize more then Pyromania :) I didn't do any research but I think the songs on the bonuses had been released on singles or Retroactive album before. At least, it was all remastered so it was worth buying. And it was only three albums (maybe because the rest is shit :) ) and not ten (even if some of them are shit :) ) and it included demos etc and not only live songs.

As I said, I'll listen to it at shop or download it and then decide if it is worth buying. Maybe I'll buy SWW because I have it five times now (each is different: cassette, LP, remastered CD, Japanese import, DualDisc) and maybe New Jersey since it's the best album ever released. But I really don't like the idea of having an old album extended with anything different. I have critisied every band for doing it :(

Oh, I see. Something was lost in the translation so it sounded like you were referring to the Leppard releases.

Yes, the bonus material on the Deluxe Leppard packaging are all from the singles corresponding to the album, except for Pyromania's (which is just the live Los Angeles Forum show edited, which I had in full already.) So you are essentially picking up in one package what people had bought spread out all over the place in various single formats at the time of release. That is why you have live versions of songs from Hysteria on the Adrenalize set. They just happened to be the B sides to Adrenalize singles.

The ONLY reason I will likely buy Adrenalize at some point is for the B-sides.

I'd rather see something like this from Bon Jovi instead of what we are getting here.

KeepTheFaith2211 04-22-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 985178)
If you buy the entire box set, you get a DVD of Access All Areas.
If the price is right, It's not a bad thing to add to your collection. I'd say under 50.00 bucks for me, is a good deal

Does anyone know the price for the entire collection? They'll probably offer a special promo price in it's first week of release.

Don't forget, for every box set sold, that's counts as 10 albums sold.

Where did you read that? :D

Rdkopper 04-22-2010 09:53 PM

Crush Magazine.com This was translated form Spanish to English:

22/04/2010
Tour Edition Box Set The early departure to 11 May.
Antimusic.com has confirmed the departure of the Tour Edition Box set albums with Bon Jovi will be brought forward to 11 May. The items included as a bonus live track has been recorded from sound checks to parts of only 500 people. Also attached postcards representing each period for each CD and replicas of all the passes for the concerts in each of the times by which people can access the web exclusive footage, photos and additional audio.

HMV has announced that the May 26 call will be available the Tour Edition Box Set, a box of 11 Bon Jovi albums plus three songs live in each of them and the DVD Access All Areas, no doubt a new scheme for take money out of the "new" fans since the majority of lifelong fans already bought the 11 CD in your day and, perhaps, the live tracks also if at the time bought the singles from each album. The bonus: the DVD Access All Areas, a documentary that many fans already have on VHS. The live tracks already confirmed are:

CD1-Bon Jovi (1984) CD1-Bon Jovi (1984)
Bonus live versions of 'Runaway', 'Roulette', 'Breakout' and 'Get Ready'. Bonus live versions of 'Runaway', 'Roulette', 'Breakout' and 'Get Ready'.

CD2-7800° Fahrenheit (1985) CD2-7800 ° Fahrenheit (1985)
Bonus: live versions of 'In And Out Of Love', 'Only Lonely' and 'Tokyo Road'. Bonus: live versions of 'In And Out Of Love', 'Only Lonely' and 'Tokyo Road'.

CD3-Slippery When Wet (1986) CD3-Slippery When Wet (1986)
Bonus : live versions of 'You Give Love A Bad Name', 'Livin' On A Prayer' and 'Wanted Dead Or Alive' (acoustic). Bonus: live versions of 'You Give Love A Bad Name', 'Livin' On A Prayer 'and' Wanted Dead Or Alive '(acoustic).

CD4-New Jersey (1988) CD4-New Jersey (1988)
Bonus Tracks: live extended versions of 'Blood On Blood' and 'I'll Be There For You'. Bonus Tracks: extended live versions of 'Blood On Blood' and 'I'll Be There For You'.

CD5-Keep The Faith (1992) CD5-Keep The Faith (1992)
Bonus: live versions of 'Keep The Faith' and 'I'll Sleep When I'm Dead'. Bonus: live versions of 'Keep The Faith' and 'I'll Sleep When I'm Dead'.

CD6-These Days (1995) Bonus: live versions of 'This Ain't A Love Song' and 'Diamond Ring'. CD6-These Days (1995) Bonus: live versions of 'This Is not A Love Song' and 'Diamond Ring'.

CD7-Crush (2000) CD7-Crush (2000)
Bonus: live versions of 'It's My Life,' 'Just Older' and 'Captain Crash & The Bonus: live versions of 'It's My Life, "" Just Older' and 'Captain Crash & The
Beauty Queen From Mars'. Beauty Queen From Mars'.

CD8-Bounce (2002) CD8-Bounce (2002)
Bonus: live versions of 'The Distance,' 'Joey,' 'Hook Me Up' and 'Bounce'. Bonus: live versions of "The Distance," "Joey," "Hook Me Up 'and' Bounce '.

CD9-Have A Nice Day (2005) CD9-Have A Nice Day (2005)
Bonus Tracks: live versions of 'Have A Nice Day,' 'Last Man Standing,' 'Story Of My Life' and 'Who Says You, Can't Go Home' with Jennifer Nettles of SUGARLAND. Bonus Tracks: live versions of 'Have A Nice Day,' 'Last Man Standing,' 'Story Of My Life' and 'Who Says You, Can not Go Home "with Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland.

CD10-Lost Highway (2007) CD10-Lost Highway (2007)
Bonus: live versions of 'Lost Highway,' 'We Got It Going On,' 'Any Other Day' and 'I Love This Town' Bonus: live versions of 'Lost Highway,' 'We Got It Going On, "" Any Other Day' and 'I Love This Town'

CD11-The Circle (2010) Bonus: Por confirmar CD11-The Circle (2010) Bonus: TBC

Supersonic 04-22-2010 10:10 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 985215)
perhaps, the live tracks also if at the time bought the singles from each album.

If it'll be the live tracks of the previous singles there's absolutely no need to buy the albums. However, they've never released live versions of certain songs so I doubt this.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Simon 04-22-2010 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 985216)
Aloha !

If it'll be the live tracks of the previous singles there's absolutely no need to buy the albums. However, they've never released live versions of certain songs so I doubt this.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

And they said "I'll Be There For You" is gonna be extended, and the two versions released are not. So that has to be new as well.

SexxAtraxxion 04-23-2010 03:07 AM

Wait wait..

It's going to be a box set including all the albums with bonus live tracks, or the albums will be sold separately?

Best regards,
the Sexx

Emisambora 04-23-2010 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexxAtraxxion (Post 985251)
Wait wait..

It's going to be a box set including all the albums with bonus live tracks, or the albums will be sold separately?

Best regards,
the Sexx

both

(Si queres los compras de a uno, o todos juntos. Quiza el box viene con Acces All Areas en DVD)

tigrs99 04-23-2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 985046)
Ah Ok... that's something I never got a hold on. Do you know where it was recorded? It also features a live version of "Misunderstood", I figure that's the one from the Grand Ballroom?

Here is Tracklist from Bounce Target CD
1 Breathe (Demo)
2 Lucky (Demo)
3 No Regrets (Demo)
4 Standing (Demo)
5 We Can Dance
6 Misunderstood (Live)
7 Everyday (Acoustic)
8 Just Older (LIve)

Chk on Amazon I got my Target CD from there few months ago
Bon Jovi - Target Stores Exclusive ((Rare Tracks... Bon Jovi - Target Stores Exclusive ((Rare Tracks...

Crushgen24/88 04-23-2010 11:07 AM

If there's a Box Set with cool memorabilia and a AAA DVD, I'll buy that. The collector in me finds it very cool honestly.

Simon 04-23-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigrs99 (Post 985327)
Here is Tracklist from Bounce Target CD
1 Breathe (Demo)
2 Lucky (Demo)
3 No Regrets (Demo)
4 Standing (Demo)
5 We Can Dance
6 Misunderstood (Live)
7 Everyday (Acoustic)
8 Just Older (LIve)

Chk on Amazon I got my Target CD from there few months ago
http://www.amazon.com/Target-Stores-...1&sr=8-1-fkmr1

Yeah, but it doesn't tell me where the live songs were recorded? Is that information given on the CD?

Mr Rock 04-23-2010 01:26 PM

Amazon has the tour box at £297!!

If the albums were £15 each and the Access DVD was £15 that makes it £165, cheeky sods! :(

Glad I copied my Access VHS a few years ago, it came out really well converting it to DVD.

I hope the online Vault is going to be worth it, there will be an uproar if it doesn't let you download the additional tracks to keep.

tigrs99 04-23-2010 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Rock (Post 985339)
Amazon has the tour box at £297!!

If the albums were £15 each and the Access DVD was £15 that makes it £165, cheeky sods! :(

Glad I copied my Access VHS a few years ago, it came out really well converting it to DVD.

I hope the online Vault is going to be worth it, there will be an uproar if it doesn't let you download the additional tracks to keep.

Wow thats around $450 CD Japan only shows it at $300

amit

Supersonic 04-23-2010 06:12 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 985335)
Yeah, but it doesn't tell me where the live songs were recorded? Is that information given on the CD?

Yes. Grand Ballroom, September 21, 2002.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

tigrs99 04-24-2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 985380)
Aloha !

Yes. Grand Ballroom, September 21, 2002.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Wasnt Hammerstein show on or around aug 23 2002

Nige 04-25-2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigrs99 (Post 985506)
Wasnt Hammerstein show on or around aug 23 2002

Yeah, this was a different show.

tigrs99 04-26-2010 07:54 PM

Walmart has the tour edition CDs for preorder at $9 per cd

Crushgen24/88 04-26-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigrs99 (Post 985787)
Walmart has the tour edition CDs for preorder at $9 per cd

Do they have the Box Set up as well?

Bleeding Purist 04-26-2010 10:43 PM

I hope the extra bonus track mentioned in the online content that each CD unlocks is downloadable in high quality format. I'm holding out on the news of the specifics for each bonus track as to the sources as well as the rest of the specific details before I start considering this.

Each one should really come with a bonus disc ala Japan with a full EP sized minimum track list of live, interestingly sourced (not already available, not sourced from Zurich 2000, etc.) tracks. I'd have no problem then since I'd be paying for the 2nd disc as opposed to the album. This way I'm paying for something I already have that doesn't even improve upon the last round of purchases of the studio albums in remaster form with some bread crumbs thrown in. Skip the bullshit and release a live boxset.

Why is it such a problem to get a hold of live Bon Jovi in album form? At this point in their career they should be heavily documented. It already never made sense there was nothing readily available documenting their years in the 80s save for region specific releases that most of the world didn't get without having to hassle for it.

If you wanted Japan's Tokyo Road in the 1980's you had to pay $75 for it by mail order. In the 1980's $75 was a lot more money. you'd be able to get 3-4 tickets to see the band for that much. It was more than 10 years later when I finally got a taste of the audio off that through the 7800 F Remaster Japan release on the bonus disc, which I played the fukc out of. Then not long after that, during the heyday of Napster in the late 90's.... I came across the video for Hardest Part Is The Night, which I knew existed and had been looking for ever since staring at the Laser Disc release of Breakout - The Videos in a Laser Disc store as a 14 year old with no money. Finally, I ordered a DVD rip of the Laser Disc of Tokyo Road off eBay in 2003. It was enjoyable, but a bit anticlimatic to wait so long as well. It should have been on the shelf at Music Land / Sam Goody (or wherever you did your record shopping) for $19.95 in 1985.

The first official live video took until 1995 and it was a drastically shortened version that served torturous teasing. The most complete release took until 2000, featured unenjoyable audio mixing and unstellar performances. The live album was more of that with only a few choice bright spots, very unsatisfying for long time fans, obviously aimed as an appetizer at the new ones. Still long overdue to fulfilling demand.

If you become a Rush fan there is a live album covering each chapter and a wealth of relatively recent documentation. Ditto for KISS. It's coming out of your ears.

It's fully expected they will be slowing down before long. Ideally, just as KISS did when they slowed down, they'll start finally getting around to all of that. Maybe that has been the game plan all along? Save it for the years when they leave the new album/tour machine they've been at since 1984?

Nothing about the box set yet.

Javier 04-26-2010 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungleland (Post 985805)
Is it officially confirmed that Access all Areas will be part of the box set?

I'd take that with a gran of salt.
It would be awesome!!

tigrs99 04-27-2010 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 985802)
Do they have the Box Set up as well?

Only place i have seen box set is CD japan and HMV japan
though best buy has SHM import CDs from Japan listed for $45 each

tigrs99 04-27-2010 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungleland (Post 985805)
Is it officially confirmed that Access all Areas will be part of the box set?

Yes HMV Japan has confd Access all areas will be the DVD Also th tour edition will have Circle Special Edition with Live tracks
I translated using Google Translator
http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/product/detail/3792432/track/1

-DVD: access all areas (87 minutes Length / Japanese subtitles) -

Introduction

November 1, 1988 in Dublin Ireland: Backstage: Rehearsal

Rome, Italy 14 November 1988: Backstage: November 1988 TV appearance in Italy, "Bad Medicine"

Helsinki Airport 29 November 1988: Interview: Moscow airport "Mean Woman Blues" 26 January 1989: Dallas, Texas, August 12, 1989 music festival in Moscow on 8 November 1988 press conference in London

Offshoot '90 January '90 Rock in Rio stage 27 January 1988 at the Tokyo Dome, December 31: Backstage

Six
Visit London - the Tower Records signing in the shop - John Ritchie duet "Light Light Cowboy"

Seven
Berlin Wall in 1989 - at a record store - visit UK in November 1989, "Hammersmith Odeon"

Eight
In November 1989, Australia, Sydney record shop at the store - performance

Nine
Melbourne, Australia - After the concert performance

New Jersey - back to rehearsals, concerts, "Lay Your Hands of Me" - live performance at the House

77 birthday party at Les Paul, London, UK band "America" America, Los Angeles "Keep Me Hanging On."

February 16, 1990 / 17 - the last stage of the Tour Guadalajara, Mexico: 1990 231 th day of the show, February 17 th evening show '90 232 17 02,

Thunderstrucker 04-27-2010 11:06 AM

The Tour Editions are also ready to be ordered at www.play.com for €10,49.
IF I will buy them I will probably try to import them from the US. $9 is very cheap so am considering it.

I salute you,
TS

alonso14 04-27-2010 07:01 PM

Might pick up the New Jersey one if its got decent extras

mrleaf 04-28-2010 11:32 PM

Nice to see the bon jovi money machine is running well, the CEO must be trying to get as much cash out of people as possible this year & Half,tour, old tour edition cd's,tour photo's,Documentary,Book,Live Concert dvd, tour merchandise and the Greatest Hits 2 .
RECESION JON-ya right

Dawn 04-29-2010 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrleaf (Post 986071)
Nice to see the bon jovi money machine is running well, the CEO must be trying to get as much cash out of people as possible this year & Half,tour, old tour edition cd's,tour photo's,Documentary,Book,Live Concert dvd, tour merchandise and the Greatest Hits 2 .
RECESION JON-ya right

its a business, of course he is going to make as much as possible. Jon employees lots of people/ is contracted. If you dont want the item then dont buy it.

I wont be buying them but that doesnt mean I dont think they should be there for those that do, its always a choice.

Dawn

mrleaf 04-29-2010 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn (Post 986084)
its a business, of course he is going to make as much as possible. Jon employees lots of people/ is contracted. If you dont want the item then dont buy it.

I wont be buying them but that doesnt mean I dont think they should be there for those that do, its always a choice.

Dawn

Not to some Jovi Addicts,Bon Jovi can be an addiction dont you know

Matrix15 04-29-2010 01:31 AM

Out of interest, heres some of the pass replicas included with the CDs:

http://images.triplem.com.au/2010/04...ovi_passes.jpg

Look decent but not worth rebuying the entire collection for.

Thunderstrucker 05-03-2010 11:42 AM

Boxset - Digipacks - BonusDVD (Region 0) - Memorablia.
That's all that's needed for me to buy it (I think).

I salute you,
TS