Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Ten Classic Bon Jovi Albums Presented As Special Editions (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=50680)

Jayster 05-03-2010 01:08 PM

[QUOTE=tigrs99;985858]Yes HMV Japan has confd Access all areas will be the DVD Also th tour edition will have Circle Special Edition with Live tracks
I translated using Google Translator
http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/product/detail/3792432/track/1

-DVD: access all areas (87 minutes Length / Japanese subtitles) -

Introduction

November 1, 1988 in Dublin Ireland: Backstage: Rehearsal

This is a mistake in the original and it seems they haven't realised the error all these years later. Everyone they interview in the 'Dublin' part has a Scottish accent. It's actually Glasgow, Scotland.

TheseDays2005 05-03-2010 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungleland (Post 986073)

Too bad it is all about quality not quantity. Can anyone tell the almighty CEO?

They obviously did that in the 90's in musical-term that is - they prefer quantity in $ tho

danfan 05-04-2010 07:55 PM

Any snippets of the live tracks been released yet?

tigrs99 05-04-2010 09:17 PM

[QUOTE=jungleland;986504]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayster (Post 986479)

I wonder how the box will actually look like. The "original" Slippery cover looks cool also. 30000 yen = 240 Euro - holy shit.

The CDs are SHM which are high qual CDs which are not pop outside Japan
so $25 per CD is not that bad if you a collector
personally I am not fan of the 1990 DVD i prefer an evening with BJ from KTF
I would just get TD NJ from Tour Edition others if they real good just buy singles from Itunes

Bleeding Purist 05-04-2010 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigrs99 (Post 986605)

The CDs are SHM which are high qual CDs which are not pop outside Japan
so $25 per CD is not that bad if you a collector
personally I am not fan of the 1990 DVD i prefer an evening with BJ from KTF
I would just get TD NJ from Tour Edition others if they real good just buy singles from Itunes

I highly doubt they are going to allow you to buy just the live tracks off Itunes. I'm sure they will be "Album Only" purchases.

Rob 05-04-2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 986607)
I highly doubt they are going to allow you to buy just the live tracks off Itunes. I'm sure they will be "Album Only" purchases.

Yeah of course they will. They want to flog more albums so they'll sell the whole back catalogue again.

severo17 05-04-2010 10:22 PM

I wonder what Prayer live version are they gonna put in, if it is from the Slippery tour.

jesyjames 05-04-2010 10:28 PM

Snippets

Snippets are up on amazon.

Not sure if my link will work, just sort by release date and they all pop up first, then click the album:

Amazon.com: Bon Jovi: Songs, Albums, Pictures,... Amazon.com: Bon Jovi: Songs, Albums, Pictures,...

Supersonic 05-04-2010 10:33 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesyjames (Post 986619)
Snippets are up on amazon.

Not sure if my link will work, just sort by release date and they all pop up first, then click the album:

http://www.amazon.com/Bon-Jovi/e/B00...3004819&sr=8-1

Of some songs I can hear already of which shows they are. Still, some of it is new, but not worth buying yet.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

severo17 05-04-2010 10:37 PM

Any idea from which show is the Blood On Blood one?

Captain_jovi 05-04-2010 11:21 PM

The live version of KTF clocks in at 8 minutes, I wonder what show this is from...

Captain_jovi 05-04-2010 11:24 PM

WOW. Story of my life is from the show where Hugh messes up. That's kinda cool.

danfan 05-05-2010 01:21 PM

Prayer is definitely not from Slippery era. Sounds like 95 or 2000. Bad Name is 80's.

Simon 05-05-2010 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 985380)
Aloha !

Yes. Grand Ballroom, September 21, 2002.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

There is no such gig listed on your site. Are you sure? Because that would also mean the live version of "Misunderstood" on the Target CD is different to the one released as a B-Side, which is from "Grand Ballroom, August 23rd, 2002".

Supersonic 05-05-2010 07:33 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 986702)
There is no such gig listed on your site. Are you sure? Because that would also mean the live version of "Misunderstood" on the Target CD is different to the one released as a B-Side, which is from "Grand Ballroom, August 23rd, 2002".

I know it isn't listed, I never bothered to change it, and yes, it's a different version as far as I can remember. I vaguely remember checking myself because I expected it to be the same. I'm not 100% sure though.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Rdkopper 05-06-2010 07:54 PM

Here are the circle tracks:

We Weren¹t Born To Follow (live)
Superman Tonight (live)
When We Were Beautiful (live)
Love¹s The Only Rule (live)

Thunderstrucker 05-06-2010 08:04 PM

I haven't seen the pre-order yet of The Circle with those extra live tracks.

I salute you,
TS

Elvistico 05-06-2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn (Post 986084)
its a business, of course he is going to make as much as possible. Jon employees lots of people/ is contracted. If you dont want the item then dont buy it.

I wont be buying them but that doesnt mean I dont think they should be there for those that do, its always a choice.

Dawn

You see, there are great artists and there are great CEO's ....
Now only very exeptional you have people that combine both ... Jon is proving to be able to be both a great business guy and a great artist. That is one hell of a quality! Time for most die hards to understand this.

And, Jon became CEO after they fired Doc McGhee so that's roughly 20 years.

Oh and ... we all like to see Bon Jovi being succesful, ... commercial succes these days starts with a good business strategy. Why do we blame this band for this for doing themselves what in other case their manager or record company does?

Let's face it : had Bon Jovi still been run by external parties, they would have been long gone. Lucky for us - Bon Jovi fans - Jon understands this business and knows that he has to organize his business himself in order to stay in the position they are.

I really think that - if the management of the band would be in hands of the self called DIE HARDS the band would not have existed anymore.

It's painful to read how many regulars on this board are convicting the band for their approach.

Supersonic 05-06-2010 09:23 PM

Aloha !

Bonus tracks from that era my ass. Only Lonely is from the soundcheck of Seattle 2010. Further on, Hook Me Up is from Hammerstein Ballroom, audio of that has been cerculating for years, it's even available on youtube. All the songs on Lost Highway are coming from the Lost Highway DVD. Some songs have a fade in as the intro instead of the complete intro (Blood On Blood, In & Out Of Love) and on top of that the mixes aren't very good, they're part of Obie's mixing skills (obviously), which means Jon's too loud in the mix, all crowd noise is gone and everything sounds very flat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvistico (Post 986794)
Let's face it : had Bon Jovi still been run by external parties, they would have been long gone.

Why is that? Why is it that with Bon Jovi the frontman really needs to be the CEO of his business while so many other bands have people doing the job for them and are managing just fine, sell out crowds and please their fans? Why do people think that way? It's silly and based upon nothing but Jon's own talk on how good of a CEO he is, yet many business decisions made by as to how to make the most money out of anything instead of how to present the music in the best way possible. How does that make someone a good CEO ánd a good artist?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

mrleaf 05-06-2010 09:40 PM

Elvistico would you not be curious as to how much better an artist jon would be if he didn't have to worry about external things?

severo17 05-06-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 986796)
Aloha !

Bonus tracks from that era my ass. Only Lonely is from the soundcheck of Seattle 2010. Further on, Hook Me Up is from Hammerstein Ballroom, audio of that has been cerculating for years, it's even available on youtube. All the songs on Lost Highway are coming from the Lost Highway DVD. Some songs have a fade in as the intro instead of the complete intro (Blood On Blood, In & Out Of Love) and on top of that the mixes aren't very good, they're part of Obie's mixing skills (obviously), which means Jon's too loud in the mix, all crowd noise is gone and everything sounds very flat.

Great... That's fantastic to know... :(

Bleeding Purist 05-06-2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Aloha !

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Did you get a chance to hear these in full?

The Lost Highway tracks are disappointing since my first thought was I hoped they didn't use the tracks from the one-off A&E special. Then again, one less disc to consider at all.

I am interested in the Bounce tracks. I never got Hammerstein in very good quality since I had to have someone else record it for me at the time and they botched it by recording while using the cable converter box as the volume controller...so it recorded with the volume near it's lowest without being on mute.

Overall, the less I need to even consider any of these, the better. There just isn't enough overall value to seriously consider these.

Supersonic 05-06-2010 10:35 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 986804)
Did you get a chance to hear these in full?

I am interested in the Bounce tracks. I never got Hammerstein in very good quality since I had to have someone else record it for me at the time and they botched it by recording while using the cable converter box as the volume controller...so it recorded with the volume near it's lowest without being on mute.

Overall, the less I need to even consider any of these, the better. There just isn't enough overall value to seriously consider these.

No, I haven't heard them in full, but I spoke to Thierry this afternoon and we both recognized the same songs. And regarding Hammerstein; I'm sure someone on that other forum can help you out. :)

I honestly don't understand how someone like Obie who has seen millions of shows can claim that he picked kick ass versions of songs and then putting songs from the Lost Highway DVD on it, a show on which the band was lackulustre and struggled to get into the show.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

bonjovi90 05-06-2010 11:03 PM

Quote:

Aloha !

Oh man :( I was looking so forward to a nice rare recording from Only Lonely from the Fahrenheit era. Why not taking it from a show like Frankfurt '85, where Jon sang his heart out on stage and delivered an amazing performance??? And if they want to take it from this tour, then why Seattle? At this point Jon sounded flat and awful. Why not taking it from Philly night 2 where his voice was already in a much better condition and the band sounded much tighter.

They just don't have a ****in' clue...never...:(

Captain_jovi 05-06-2010 11:04 PM

Quote:

All the songs on Lost Highway are coming from the Lost Highway DVD. Some songs have a fade in as the intro instead of the complete intro (Blood On Blood, In & Out Of Love) and on top of that the mixes aren't very good, they're part of Obie's mixing skills (obviously), which means Jon's too loud in the mix, all crowd noise is gone and everything sounds very flat.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

"Any Other Day" is 100 percent NOT from the LH dvd. Listening to the sample, it has the "My head's still spinning, yah you know why..." lyric change that took place later in the tour. I've already compared it to the Chicago dvd performance, it doesn't have it. Not sure about the rest of the tracks.

severo17 05-06-2010 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 986812)
"Any Other Day" is 100 percent NOT from the LH dvd. Listening to the sample, it has the "My head's still spinning, yah you know why..." lyric change that took place later in the tour. I've already compared it to the Chicago dvd performance, it doesn't have it. Not sure about the rest of the tracks.

Maybe it's from the O2 show? He says that line in that performance :)

Captain_jovi 05-06-2010 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by severo17 (Post 986814)
Maybe it's from the O2 show? He says that line in that performance :)

I didn't realize the line was changed as early as the O2 shows, my bad. It's definetely not from the LH dvd. I'd be pretty psyched if it were from the O2 show with Richie's amazing solo at the end, that'd be awesome to get that in good quality.

Thunderstrucker 05-06-2010 11:31 PM

Who Says is not of the DVD either.

I salute you,
TS

Kathleen 05-07-2010 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 986811)
Oh man :( I was looking so forward to a nice rare recording from Only Lonely from the Fahrenheit era. Why not taking it from a show like Frankfurt '85, where Jon sang his heart out on stage and delivered an amazing performance??? And if they want to take it from this tour, then why Seattle? At this point Jon sounded flat and awful. Why not taking it from Philly night 2 where his voice was already in a much better condition and the band sounded much tighter.

They just don't have a ****in' clue...never...:(

Thank you - you said it so I don't have to :(

Crushgen24/88 05-07-2010 08:53 AM

I haven't heard them, nor am I trying to argue with Seb as I'm sure he can tell live boots a lot better than I can. However, it's seem very strange and pointless to me to specify that the live tracks are "era specific" if they're not. They could have very easily said "Rare audio performances of the songs" or something to that affect, and it would have made little difference. if they're not from said eras, they made a mess for themselves for NO reason.It seems like an especially stupid move, even for an organization that's made many more than their share.

artinis1 05-07-2010 09:58 AM

from nick,

can anyone let me know if the distance live is the one already released from the japan acoustic shows, or is it from some other performance, any info is appreciated

danfan 05-07-2010 01:56 PM

I say this with all due respect - I have never come across a band more out of touch with what their fans want than Bon Jovi. It's truly mind boggling. Is Jon SO afraid of how good they sounded in the 80's and 90's, that he won't release any of that live material?

The more I think about this whole thing, the more ridiculous it is. Why do some albums have 4 live tracks and some only have 2? If they really wanted to give the fans something worth buying, here's a couple of crazy ideas:

1.For each album, release the original album along with live tracks of each song from the tour that coincided with that album.

2.For each album, release an entire live show from that coinciding tour.

3.For each album, release a live DVD from that coinciding tour.

That's what other artists would do (and have done). Not Bon Jovi. They're my favorite band, but when it comes to marketing to their fans, they absolutely and positively suck. The box set was the closest they came to doing something we wanted, and WAS good. But the amount of tracks they left off......Why?

Simple 2 questions for all of you on here:

1.Knowing what we know about these releases, how many of you are going to buy every (or any) of these new editions? I know I won't.

2.If they had done something as simple as releasing entire shows from each album, how many of you would buy every (or at least some) of the new editions. I know I would have.

Jon needs to remove his head from his own ass or hire a manager who has a clue.

Supersonic 05-07-2010 02:12 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 986851)
1.Knowing what we know about these releases, how many of you are going to buy every (or any) of these new editions? I know I won't.

Neither am I. In the past they released editions with a bonus disc. Keep The Faith is available with a bonus disc consisting of 8 songs, These Days is available with a bonus disc consisting of 8 songs and Crush is available with a bonus disc consisting of 6 songs. Then Have A Nice Day had one with 6 tracks and Lost Highway had one with 14 bonus tracks. I don't see why I should buy these editions right now when they've released better live cuts in the past.

Had they given everyone who bought a copy the possibility to download a complete live show from that tour I'd have bought them all without giving it any second thoughts.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Kathleen 05-07-2010 03:59 PM

Frankly I prefer the sound on the older remasters than the overproduction they do these days. I'm sticking with what I have.

Captain_jovi 05-07-2010 04:45 PM

Agreed. I'm not re-buying an album just to get a handful of live tracks. Not worth it to me.

Crushgen24/88 05-07-2010 07:49 PM

The only one's I'm considering are NJ and TD, and that's only because my copies of those records are very scratched up. (I have them digital, but I'm odd)

Here's a question:
Is the access to the Archives website (which will probably disappoint, but I digress) dependent on how many of these you buy, or will each of them just have a general access code?

tigrs99 05-07-2010 08:02 PM

Obie was on WMMR philly 20 mins ago and played Only Lonely Obie was not sure from what show but did say it was from the sound check of that era

severo17 05-07-2010 08:41 PM

Obie said it was around 1986. Sounded like 86/89 to me.

luceknight 05-07-2010 08:52 PM

I think I'll buy NJ and TD...maybe SWW, but only if I have money enough...
still saving money for the hypothetic show here in Brasil....

tigrs99 05-07-2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungleland (Post 986884)
Well if OBIE says that you can be pretty sure that it is NOT from this era. IS this the biggest loser a band of this stature has ever hired? I'd say a big YES

As per Jon's voice it looked from SWW Era
How can Obie not be sure what show it was from even if it is a soundcheck recording
dont professionals put a marking on their archives even a 10 yr old does that