Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Ten Classic Bon Jovi Albums Presented As Special Editions (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=50680)

luceknight 05-07-2010 09:10 PM

hey, where can I listen to this OL version?

severo17 05-07-2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luceknight (Post 986892)

When you buy the special edition of 7800º Farenheit :p

Anyway, don't know if there will be a podcast or something like that, but I wouldn't count on it, since it's official material..

luceknight 05-07-2010 09:18 PM

yea, I was thinking of a podcast...
but well...let's wait.......

bonjovi90 05-07-2010 10:46 PM

I'd say it was from the beginning of the SWW tour in '86. Jon's vocals are a bit strained, but not as damaged as they were during most parts of the tour. Still sounds overproduced to me, but at least kinda cool that they took such a version instead of the one from the 2010 Seattle soundcheck :)

asok80 05-07-2010 11:56 PM

Having listened to the interview and reading the comments here, it wouldn't surprise me if the version on the CD is from the Seattle show and the version played during Obie's interview is the "rare" one that you can listen to if you buy the album and access the code to the website.

Johny 05-08-2010 12:43 AM

Uhh, I hope this one is not the one released on the album. I've written it many times that I hate including additional material to the actual cd/album because it spoilts it. This would sound very very strange with the beginning full of chatting and trying the instruments.

And Obie... oh man, you've got the best job I could imagine - going through the archives, I wouldn't need to see the sun again when I got there. There are tons of shows with incredible performances, you've got it all, so why soundcheck, why some boring shows? Uh.
I hate the concept... buying all of the albums to get a few live tracks.. plus bonuses somewhere on the net. I mean, I want all the new stuff and I'm willing to buy it but I don't need all of the albums I have twice.. so I'll download it and buy what I like (there are two albums I'll be probably interested in... guess which :D)

severo17 05-08-2010 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 986923)
(there are two albums I'll be probably interested in... guess which :D)

Lost Highway and Bounce? :D

Emisambora 05-08-2010 02:32 AM

Just listened the interview.

A really really cool and rockin version of Only Lonely.

The mix is ok, Jon voice is not that loud, I guess this time they did a good job.

The live versions, new package, videos online and tour stuff are fine...but, why release all the album version again?

tigrs99 05-08-2010 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luceknight (Post 986892)

It's on Bon Jovim site
http://www.bonjovi.com/audio-clip/al..._with_933_wmmr

amit

Supersonic 05-08-2010 12:32 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by asok80 (Post 986911)
Having listened to the interview and reading the comments here, it wouldn't surprise me if the version on the CD is from the Seattle show and the version played during Obie's interview is the "rare" one that you can listen to if you buy the album and access the code to the website.

No, this one is on the CD. When hearing the preview on Amazon I thought I heard similar riffs as to the version performed during the soundcheck in Seattle.

That said, I agree with bonjovi90, there (again) are so many better versions in the archive, yet Obie picks one of a soundcheck, and during soundchecks no one in the band gave their all; Jon doesn't do the scream before the solo, something he did do during the Fahrenheit tour.

I also don't get why all the banter is included before the song. It's not like anything interested is being said, no funny things or any talk on the setup. Completely pointless this. :|

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Simon 05-08-2010 04:09 PM

I gotta say, that soundcheck version of "Only Lonely" is pretty cool! I like the chatting and jamming in the beginning, it's nothing special, but just nice soundcheck atmosphere. The performance itself is pretty cool, and Jon even does some improvisation in the last chorus. Not bad for a soundcheck. Me likey. And we already have a passionate live performance from 1985.

The voice and playing style is definitely not 1985, I think 1986 is pretty accurate. But, did they actually play it in 1986? I thought it retired after the Fahrenheit tour...?!

Supersonic 05-08-2010 04:17 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 986992)
The voice and playing style is definitely not 1985, I think 1986 is pretty accurate. But, did they actually play it in 1986? I thought it retired after the Fahrenheit tour...?!

It was played at almost every show in Japan but was dropped in favour of songs from Slippery when the European leg of the Slippery tour started and they found out how big of a succes Slippery was in Europe. Only the first show of the European leg had Only Lonely, after that it was dropped, probably forever.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

severo17 05-08-2010 04:19 PM

Actually it was performed during the Slippery tour....

tigrs99 05-08-2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungleland (Post 986995)
As far as I know it wasnt performed anymore after the 7800 tour

I have a bootleg from 07 November 1986 City Hall, Bradford UK
It was performed there

asok80 05-08-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 986961)
Aloha !

No, this one is on the CD. When hearing the preview on Amazon I thought I heard similar riffs as to the version performed during the soundcheck in Seattle.

That said, I agree with bonjovi90, there (again) are so many better versions in the archive, yet Obie picks one of a soundcheck, and during soundchecks no one in the band gave their all; Jon doesn't do the scream before the solo, something he did do during the Fahrenheit tour.

I also don't get why all the banter is included before the song. It's not like anything interested is being said, no funny things or any talk on the setup. Completely pointless this. :|

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

That is so wierd putting a soundcheck version of a song as bonus material..as you say there are a lot of better versions.

Simon 05-08-2010 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 986997)
Aloha !

It was played at almost every show in Japan but was dropped in favour of songs from Slippery when the European leg of the Slippery tour started and they found out how big of a succes Slippery was in Europe. Only the first show of the European leg had Only Lonely, after that it was dropped, probably forever.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Right, I hadn't checked those setlists. Crazy how few songs they played from "Slippery", they didn't even play "Prayer", therefore stuff like "Burning For Love" and "She Don't Know Me". Things would change soon though... ;-)

superkid 05-09-2010 11:01 PM

I'm undecided between NJ and Slippery. My Slippery is in worse shape but I like the bonus material on NJ more. The 10 minute BOB and the BTBMB with the harmonica are both way cooler than the three predictable Slippery songs we all have a million versions of. Then again it makes no sense to buy an album that's in perfectly good shape over one that skips. I'll decide at the store.

eddie73 05-09-2010 11:05 PM

have these been remastered at all

groover22 05-09-2010 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie73 (Post 987163)
have these been remastered at all

Not according to the Q&A section of the BJ website. So looks like these will be the same remasters as before.

Thunderstrucker 05-10-2010 11:15 AM

Earlier in this thread the bonus live-tracks for The Circle were stated yet I can't find anything about a The Circle Tour Edition whatsoever.

Was the reply posted earlier about these live-tracks a joke or did I miss out on something ?

I salute you,
TS

tigrs99 05-10-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderstrucker (Post 987212)
Earlier in this thread the bonus live-tracks for The Circle were stated yet I can't find anything about a The Circle Tour Edition whatsoever.

Was the reply posted earlier about these live-tracks a joke or did I miss out on something ?

I salute you,
TS

Obie said on WMMR Circle Tour edition will only released outside USA. He didnt specify which country. I have only seen it on HMV japan and CD Japan with live versions of WWBTF, LTOR, WFTWM, ST recorded at Anaheim show this year

amit

tigrs99 05-10-2010 03:15 PM

Just checked Best Buy site they also have spl editions listed for $9.99 each
They also have SHM Spl editions from Japan for $54 each and boxset tour editions for $470. PPl will be better off ordering the boxset from HMV japan on their own as it's around $250 there with discounts

amit

Thunderstrucker 05-10-2010 03:26 PM

So far the boxset is only announced to be released in Japan then.
I'll wait and see what happens with this Circle Tour Edition and other Tour Editions.

Thanks for your info.

I salute you,
TS

tigrs99 05-10-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderstrucker (Post 987239)
So far the boxset is only announced to be released in Japan then.
I'll wait and see what happens with this Circle Tour Edition and other Tour Editions.

Thanks for your info.

I salute you,
TS

Some stores may import the boxset like Best Buy is doing but they will be very expensive
We'll know in coming weeks if it has any additional stuff
I think it has just the 10 Cds plus Circle SHM CDs and All Access DVD
I will see if best buy tomorrow knows whats inside the boxset

Thunderstrucker 05-10-2010 03:50 PM

If the boxset would contain memorablia like a poster, tickets, stickers etc. it would be another story but I am sure that if that would be the case the boxset would be highly promoted.

I first want to see what the new packaging of the CD's look like before I buy a few of them as well.

I am sure you will keep us posted here once you find out what BestBuy can offer ;)

I salute you,
TS

luceknight 05-10-2010 06:57 PM

these bonus tracks are GREAT! I'm loving all of them ^^

Bleeding Purist 05-10-2010 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luceknight (Post 987251)
these bonus tracks are GREAT! I'm loving all of them ^^

Are you saying you have them now or are you refering to the clips? I am waiting to see if Amazon is going to allow for direct download of the bonus tracks, however unlikely that is.

luceknight 05-10-2010 07:37 PM

I'm downloading them now...it's on a brasilian site for music...
I dont know if I can post it here on the boards...
but you have to register and it's all in ptguese, so...

I can upload...

Bleeding Purist 05-10-2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luceknight (Post 987257)
I'm downloading them now...it's on a brasilian site for music...
I dont know if I can post it here on the boards...
but you have to register and it's all in ptguese, so...

I can upload...

They will have a shit fit so no links or uploading here. Can you PM the link? Is it an official music site that allows for direct payment/download of the tracks?

luceknight 05-10-2010 07:43 PM

yea, you can only download if you pay...it's official music site...

I'll PM you the link

Bleeding Purist 05-10-2010 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luceknight (Post 987259)

I'll PM you the link

That's a good sign that Amazon and Itunes may actually allow for direct downloads of the bonus tracks. That would mean fans can be less riled by the half assed approach without forcing them to buy the whole disc all over again just for the handful of tracks tacked on.

Nige 05-10-2010 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luceknight (Post 987259)

I'll PM you the link

If it's official surely the link can be posted?

milomom 05-10-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 987266)
If it's official surely the link can be posted?

I certainly don't see anything wrong with it. The board has a policy against file sharing, and as a mod, I have to remove those posts/links. A link to a site where we can BUY official tracks is completely different.

Bleeding Purist 05-10-2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 987267)
I certainly don't see anything wrong with it. The board has a policy against file sharing, and as a mod, I have to remove those posts/links. A link to a site where we can BUY official tracks is completely different.

Right, the official site can be. I was referring to downloadable links. We are upstanding citizens in these parts.

Supersonic 05-10-2010 08:35 PM

Aloha !

You can't listen to the tracks anyway if you're not from Portugal. I just registered there but the service is unavailable for people outside of Portugal.

HOWEVER, THE SONGS MIGHT BE AVAILABLE SOON ON ANOTHER FORUM. SEND ME A PM FOR MORE INFORMATION.

:P

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

severo17 05-10-2010 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 987273)
Aloha !

You can't listen to the tracks anyway if you're not from Portugal. I just registered there but the service is unavailable for people outside of Portugal.

HOWEVER, THE SONGS MIGHT BE AVAILABLE SOON ON ANOTHER FORUM. SEND ME A PM FOR MORE INFORMATION.

:P

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Woot, whats the link? Portuguese guy here :cool:

luceknight 05-10-2010 09:15 PM

actually you can't listen to the tracks if you're not from Brasil....

Supersonic 05-10-2010 09:26 PM

Aloha !

Sorry, I meant Brazil, not Portugal. Silly me. :|

Anyway, some updates:

Diamond Ring is from Milan 1995 and has an electric guitar solo.

This Ain't A Love Song is from the European Tour 1995 but I don't know of which show. It has a very short ending, no extended outro and it's from early in the tour.

Just Older is either from the Crush Tour or the One Wild Night tour, it has Jon's odd accent in it and has a fade in from another song.

Livin' On A Prayer is from the Lost Highway tour, and I think it's from Central Park. It has very weak vocals compared to other shows and it has Jon saying "now sing it like it's New York City!" There's also a fade out to Bad Name, which isn't on the disc. Completely pointless this.

The acoustic version of Wanted Dead Or Alive is ace, I think it's from the late NJ or early KTF promo shows. Jon's voice sounds very clean, no way this is from the Slippery tour though.

Keep The Faith is from the Keep The Faith tour, and is good. It has the screams and jungle sounds before the speech, but it's not as extended as it'd be later on the tour. It is however the best version of Faith they've ever released, which is good. The guitar solo in the end is the bollocks, if Richie would play like that nowadays you'd never hear me complain about his guitar work.

Hook Me Up is from Hammerstein, look that one up on youTube if you're interested.

Again; there's a forum that costs 10E/10$ per year that has these songs up for download. PM me for details. Once the songs are officially released in Europe they'll be taken off that forum, so either be quick or buy them later on. :)

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

severo17 05-10-2010 09:31 PM

Aww, damn. :(

danfan 05-10-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 987282)
Aloha !
Livin' On A Prayer is from the Lost Highway tour, and I think it's from Central Park. It has very weak vocals compared to other shows and it has Jon saying "now sing it like it's New York City!" There's also a fade out to Bad Name, which isn't on the disc. Completely pointless this.

This pisses me off. How many post 2000 versions of Prayer do we need? I've got a couple shit recordings from the Slippery and NJ tours where they sound awesome. Why the hell wouldn't they put that on here?

Do we know if The Distance has the extended ending?