Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Ten Classic Bon Jovi Albums Presented As Special Editions (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=50680)

Supersonic 05-10-2010 09:42 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 987287)
This pisses me off. How many post 2000 versions of Prayer do we need? I've got a couple shit recordings from the Slippery and NJ tours where they sound awesome. Why the hell wouldn't they put that on here?

Do we know if The Distance has the extended ending?

Putting a good version of Prayer on it would probably mean that they think that people expect Jon to sing like that every tour. I don't understand why they can't release one from the KTF tour though, because this version is very weak and probably one of the weakest versions they've ever released.

And no, The Distance does not have the extended ending.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Captain_jovi 05-10-2010 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 987289)
Aloha !

Putting a good version of Prayer on it would probably mean that they think that people expect Jon to sing like that every tour. I don't understand why they can't release one from the KTF tour though, because this version is very weak and probably one of the weakest versions they've ever released.

And no, The Distance does not have the extended ending.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Ugh oh man. No extended ending on The distance annoys the hell out of me. Any idea what show it's from?

Supersonic 05-10-2010 09:48 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 987291)
Ugh oh man. No extended ending on The distance annoys the hell out of me. Any idea what show it's from?

No I don't. And one more thing; they took out Alec of the mix for Bad Name.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Matthes 05-10-2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 987291)

Sometimes I don't understand them...
"The distance" with the extended ending is a highlight for me.
It could be so perfect: A great live perfomance of my favorite Bounce song, but no chance... :rolleyes:

Captain_jovi 05-10-2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthes (Post 987293)
Sometimes I don't understand them...
"The distance" with the extended ending is a highlight for me.
It could be so perfect: A great live perfomance of my favorite Bounce song, but no chance... :rolleyes:

Agreed. If you're going to show how the songs sounded live during that era, what's the point in butchering them.

bonjovi90 05-10-2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 987292)
Aloha !

No I don't. And one more thing; they took out Alec of the mix for Bad Name.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Not such a bad decision in my opinion. His high pitched screaming during the KTF tour killed that song for me.
Though I think this is earlier, early Slippery or early NJ tour.

Supersonic 05-10-2010 10:25 PM

Aloha !

In & Out Of Love is easily the best song of all of them. It has the full guitar + full drum solo in it as far as I know. It's brilliant. :D

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

milomom 05-10-2010 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 987297)
Aloha !

In & Out Of Love is easily the best song of all of them. It has the full guitar + full drum solo in it as far as I know. It's brilliant. :D

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I was hoping that's what it was. I couldn't figure out how it could be that long if it wasn't. Excellent!

Ferret 05-10-2010 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungleland (Post 987299)
Wow really a bunch or "TRUE" fans downloading the bonus stuff illegally.

Not a hope in hell I'll be buying these cash-ins if they only have a handful of worthwile tracks between them. If that makes me a bad fan then so be it.

Thunderstrucker 05-10-2010 11:32 PM

You are a bad bad fan Jack. Shame on you !

I don't salute you,
TS

:cool:

Ferret 05-10-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungleland (Post 987313)
SO you go into your local supermarket and say: "Damn this vegetables are ****ing expensive and only have a handful of vitamins in them. What a cash-in"
And then you take em with you without paying ? Hmmm
Has nothing to do with being a bad fan or not. It has to do with being a thief or not.

You can't download vegetables ;)

KeepTheFaith2211 05-10-2010 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferret (Post 987315)

http://www.brothersoft.com/vegetables-161655.html

Supersonic 05-10-2010 11:36 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferret (Post 987315)

You sure? I live nearby a supermarket but I just downloaded leeks for free! That supermarket is just way too expensive for my taste.

http://www.bonjovi-live.com/leeks.jpg

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

rolo_tomachi 05-10-2010 11:37 PM

someone can send me the link?

Supersonic 05-10-2010 11:40 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 987319)
someone can send me the link?

You have to be a member of my site for it. It costs 10E/10$ per year, for further details you can send me a PM.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Supersonic 05-10-2010 11:52 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungleland (Post 987322)
i hope some Universal employees read this as well......

Why? Do they all love leeks?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Supersonic 05-10-2010 11:59 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungleland (Post 987324)
And if it is just for kicking your ass for advertising illegal downloading for cash.

How is it illegal when it hasn't even been released yet?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Supersonic 05-11-2010 12:04 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungleland (Post 987327)
You are offering official material b4 its commercial release - it has nothing to do with it being released or not. Even you are not that stupid that you don't know that.

Material being official or not has got nothing to do with it being legal or not. I can upload a recording of a song I recorded before it'll be officially released which makes it officially my song, yet it doesn't make it illegal. I do think however that I'm starting to get you seriously confused with the mind games I'm playing on you so you'll probably resort to name calling in 1,2,3...

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Rob 05-11-2010 12:50 AM

Well technically speaking as soon as the songs are made public they are bound by copyright, so to distribute them would be illegal.

tigrs99 05-11-2010 06:57 AM

ITUNES has released the album few hours ago
$9.99 per album or $1.29 per song

tigrs99 05-11-2010 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luceknight (Post 987277)
actually you can't listen to the tracks if you're not from Brasil....

Itunes USA has songs already out even if you not from US you can listen to the preview just change your itunes to US at the bottom and if you have US itunes gift card you can even buy the song

tigrs99 05-11-2010 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 987261)
That's a good sign that Amazon and Itunes may actually allow for direct downloads of the bonus tracks. That would mean fans can be less riled by the half assed approach without forcing them to buy the whole disc all over again just for the handful of tracks tacked on.

Itunes has the album since 9 PM EST $9.99 per album or $1.29 per song i dont think you get download code if you just buy the song

UKjovi 05-11-2010 08:18 AM

Just looked on Amazon UK Keep The Faith - Special Edition by Bon Jovi:... Keep The Faith - Special Edition by Bon Jovi:... £17.49 for two extra songs? and repeats of whats on there already? No Thanks.

tigrs99 05-11-2010 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKjovi (Post 987348)
Just looked on Amazon UK http://www.amazon.co.uk/Keep-Faith-S...3558580&sr=1-6 £17.49 for two extra songs? and repeats of whats on there already? No Thanks.

This looks like import version from US
Europe dont get their Spl edtions till May 25
which probab be less priced ppl who just want live stuff are better off buying them on itunes

Thierry 05-11-2010 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 987287)

Do we know if The Distance has the extended ending?

It has the extending ending, the solo is there. I've just finished listening to it.

tigrs99 05-11-2010 01:18 PM

With exception of BOB and In and out of love all libe songs avail as single download on itunes at $1.29 per song

danfan 05-11-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigrs99 (Post 987363)
With exception of BOB and In and out of love all libe songs avail as single download on itunes at $1.29 per song

I was shocked to see that on itunes. Why would anyone possibly buy the entire album now?

I did buy the few songs I wanted, and as I should have known, Obie f'd up again. I've heard far better bootleggs of each of the songs.

RSROCKS 05-11-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungleland (Post 987327)
You are offering official material b4 its commercial release - it has nothing to do with it being released or not. Even you are not that stupid that you don't know that.

You sound like just another jealous kid in the candy store who can't have what he really wants. I hope Seb doesn't give you the links.

tigrs99 05-11-2010 01:45 PM

One of my friends picked up TD and NJ for me from a local WALMART in NJ
The vault will be available from May 18 2010 till Nov 11 2011
I am not impressed with sound quality of songs I listened on ITUNES some bootlegs have better stuff
Buy prob typical of what Obie is capable of

artinis1 05-11-2010 02:17 PM

from nick,

what is the vault, do you have to buy the physical cd for the code and will there by more live tracks available to download, any info is appreciated

danfan 05-11-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigrs99 (Post 987372)
One of my friends picked up TD and NJ for me from a local WALMART in NJ
The vault will be available from May 18 2010 till Nov 11 2011
I am not impressed with sound quality of songs I listened on ITUNES some bootlegs have better stuff
Buy prob typical of what Obie is capable of

Obie couldn't mix a milkshake with a blender.

tigrs99 05-11-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artinis1 (Post 987375)
from nick,

what is the vault, do you have to buy the physical cd for the code and will there by more live tracks available to download, any info is appreciated

i am going what Obie said on WMMR that the CD you place
in your PC and you can listen to additional live tracks not sure you get code with full digital download or if you need to buy all 11 cds to access the vault
i am assuming 1 cd should be enough to access the vault

danfan 05-11-2010 03:51 PM

If someone could post the Vault info as soon as they have it to let us know if picking a CD up is worth it, that would be great. I'd also like to know if we need to buy all the CD's or just 1.

Bleeding Purist 05-11-2010 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 987385)
If someone could post the Vault info as soon as they have it to let us know if picking a CD up is worth it, that would be great. I'd also like to know if we need to buy all the CD's or just 1.

This is what I am waiting on as well.

Simon 05-11-2010 05:24 PM

From what Obie said, you will have to put each CD into your player, and that will lead you to the vault, where you can download one more live song. So probably each album will have its own little vault.

Curious what those additional songs are gonna be and how the new designs look like. I'm not a fan of messing with the booklets of KTF or TD too much, but let's wait and see. Still, I will download the songs individually, I already have HAND in 4 (four!) editions. I would go for it if I had the money, but I'm a poor student and I just don't have it.

Excitement decreases when I hear about Obie's mixing talents... again. The guy needs to be replaced. It's incredible how he messes with my favourite band sometimes... I know I'd do a better job easily, at least when it comes to song choices or editing (or NOT editing)...

danfan 05-11-2010 05:24 PM

Don't bother. It's bullshit. I bought New Jersey. I put the CD in, went to the website, and it says I can "buy" more songs on May 18. As for now, there is NOTHING on there. No songs, no pictures - Zip.

Bleeding Purist 05-11-2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 987392)
Don't bother. It's bullshit. I bought New Jersey. I put the CD in, went to the website, and it says I can "buy" more songs on May 18. As for now, there is NOTHING on there. No songs, no pictures - Zip.

They did state it wouldn't go live until the 18th. So we won't know for another week.

In the meantime, The Circle is up on Amazon for preorder. I know I'll be getting that one for sure.

milomom 05-11-2010 05:43 PM

Quote:

Does it tell you where/when the live tracks were recorded? If so, where are Blood on Blood and BTBMB from? Have you listened to them yet? Any good?

Captain_jovi 05-11-2010 05:43 PM

This is just a mess. They had a really good opportunity to attach unreleased songs to these. Hopefully the vault has some demos or unheard stuff. It's the perfect opportunity.

Simon 05-11-2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Oh, they make you buy the additional song? I thought at least it would be a bonus gift. Well, OK. Still I wanna know what those vaults will give us.

How are the 2 songs on New Jersey? I was disappointed when I read that it's NOT going to be "I'll Be There For You", but "Born To Be My Baby", but then it must be a version with Jon's harp in the end, at least.