Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The official Runaway Tours Barcelona thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70628)

Dicanio 08-31-2019 07:42 PM

Seen some comments that Lie To Me was also played? Any truth?

YOVANAfromPeru 08-31-2019 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicanio (Post 1258714)
Seen some comments that Lie To Me was also played? Any truth?

No, it wasn`t; they think Diamond Ring is Lie To Me >_< jajaja

Dicanio 08-31-2019 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1258715)
No, it wasn`t; they think Diamond Ring is Lie To Me >_< jajaja

Thanks for clarifying. Says it all that that some fans on the cruise don’t know the difference between the two songs lol

bonjovi90 08-31-2019 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicanio (Post 1258716)
Thanks for clarifying. Says it all that that some fans on the cruise don’t know the difference between the two songs lol

I've had this feeling multiple times when watching videos from these shows. No matter what Jon says, announces or plays, a good portion of the crowd screams as if he's about to launch into Stairway To Heaven [emoji849]

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 08-31-2019 09:59 PM

Remember when he did Old Habits for the first time and the first line

"You look like shit, so do you my brother,
I missed you too, yeah you dumb stupid mother."

got laughs, gasps and claps? That sums that fan base up. Jon has an artistic side to him somewhere deep in there I think he pushes down and doesn't try to tell the really good stuff.

Supersonic 08-31-2019 10:26 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesedays2014 (Post 1258678)
Be objective Seb: listen to a live Bad Medicine and that acoustic Livin in Sin. It’s not what I say, it’s reality.

But that's not being objective, that's comparing apples to oranges. Compare Living In Sin with a song like Amen and it's just as bad. Now multiply a performance like Amen with 17 and you've got your average vocal performance of your supposedly great show that'll give him back his dignity.

Quote:

I’ve said it before, I think he’d sound decent enough doing TLFR type versions of most songs, down tuning and singing different vocal lines when necessary, like on Livin in Sin. Stand Up Guy songs and new songs in that sort of style.

But that's the thing. He doesn't sound decent. He sounds just as bad, the differences is you're not hearing it. Your prime concern is him straining the notes and not reaching them, it's what to you defines a bad vocal performance. In the end a bum note is a bum note though and there's loads of bum notes in these acoustic performances. That link of I'll Be There For You I suggested earlier is full of it, and he can't sing that one like that anymore either because that was a few years ago, and his voice is in worse condition than it was back then.

You want him to do small theatres but the fact is, even the shows on the cruise got cut short as he just can't play and sing any longer. Amen, the only song showcasing his higher register, was dropped. The only song that's only just a little bit upbeat to sing (Who Says) was dropped because he can't keep up with it anymore. And still you insist there's something to work with. Again, if there is, tell me your setlist and explain to me why you think he could do a 1,5 hour show. Give me your list of songs you think an audience full of casuals would enjoy hearing.

Quote:

Now you’ll say TLFR is boring and Stand Up stuff is crap. Fine, that’s your opinion. Thousands of people would still go to see him even if he sang La Macarena, just look at Runaway Cruises.

It's not just my opinion, it's everyone's opinion. No one cares for these songs, no one but maybe a few who tolerate it. Every time songs from This Left Feels Right were played people stopped paying attention. The MTV Unplugged show got people's hopes up and yet again, the TLFR renditions were ridiculed for being a cop out.

Besides, no one goes on a Runaway Cruise hoping they'll get to hear TLFR renditions of songs, they're just there to hear him play. Instead of it being a group of critical people they're most likely the least critical Bon Jovi fans in the world.

Doing this in theatres like you suggested wouldn't work as he's got to please a much larger group of people being a lot more critical than a group of people who can't tell the differences between Lie To Me from Diamond Ring. Combine that with people expecting him to play certain songs it's a recipe for disaster. In America, people use these songs for bathroom breaks and in Europe it'll result in a rowdier audience as there expections aren't met either.

Quote:

His time as a stadium filler whose killing his voice, dignity, mental state and God knows what else? Over

How are they over when Bon Jovi drew their largest audience in London in years? Much to my surprise Bon Jovi sold a shitload of tickets. Yet you consider that tour a failure because it's not lived up to your personal standard? It's obvious you're in the minority when close to everyone, even on this board, said they had a great time.

Quote:

P.S Good to see you’ve dropped the Knopfler and Cohen comparisons

Yeah, because you're not getting it. Jon hasn't got the voice to do these low-key acoustic shows. Also, if you won't drop the condescending act this'll be the last time I'll be willing to reply to you.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

bonjovi90 09-01-2019 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1258720)
Remember when he did Old Habits for the first time and the first line

"You look like shit, so do you my brother,

I missed you too, yeah you dumb stupid mother."

got laughs, gasps and claps? That sums that fan base up. Jon has an artistic side to him somewhere deep in there I think he pushes down and doesn't try to tell the really good stuff.

Yeah I remember that very well. That's the problem with these shows, he can literally do them the "lazy way" because he gets away with everything.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 09-01-2019 05:42 AM

Diamond Ring
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqLR...ature=youtu.be

Thank You For Loving Me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jokp...ature=youtu.be

-_-

BJFan99 09-01-2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1258741)

That TYFLM was actually pretty decent for Jon’s current standards. Enjoyed it.

jovifan85 09-01-2019 04:22 PM

August 29th 2019 in Full:
He Sounds OK....