Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Ten Classic Bon Jovi Albums Presented As Special Editions (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=50680)

luceknight 05-07-2010 09:10 PM

hey, where can I listen to this OL version?

severo17 05-07-2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luceknight (Post 986892)

When you buy the special edition of 7800º Farenheit :p

Anyway, don't know if there will be a podcast or something like that, but I wouldn't count on it, since it's official material..

luceknight 05-07-2010 09:18 PM

yea, I was thinking of a podcast...
but well...let's wait.......

bonjovi90 05-07-2010 10:46 PM

I'd say it was from the beginning of the SWW tour in '86. Jon's vocals are a bit strained, but not as damaged as they were during most parts of the tour. Still sounds overproduced to me, but at least kinda cool that they took such a version instead of the one from the 2010 Seattle soundcheck :)

asok80 05-07-2010 11:56 PM

Having listened to the interview and reading the comments here, it wouldn't surprise me if the version on the CD is from the Seattle show and the version played during Obie's interview is the "rare" one that you can listen to if you buy the album and access the code to the website.

Johny 05-08-2010 12:43 AM

Uhh, I hope this one is not the one released on the album. I've written it many times that I hate including additional material to the actual cd/album because it spoilts it. This would sound very very strange with the beginning full of chatting and trying the instruments.

And Obie... oh man, you've got the best job I could imagine - going through the archives, I wouldn't need to see the sun again when I got there. There are tons of shows with incredible performances, you've got it all, so why soundcheck, why some boring shows? Uh.
I hate the concept... buying all of the albums to get a few live tracks.. plus bonuses somewhere on the net. I mean, I want all the new stuff and I'm willing to buy it but I don't need all of the albums I have twice.. so I'll download it and buy what I like (there are two albums I'll be probably interested in... guess which :D)

severo17 05-08-2010 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 986923)
(there are two albums I'll be probably interested in... guess which :D)

Lost Highway and Bounce? :D

Emisambora 05-08-2010 02:32 AM

Just listened the interview.

A really really cool and rockin version of Only Lonely.

The mix is ok, Jon voice is not that loud, I guess this time they did a good job.

The live versions, new package, videos online and tour stuff are fine...but, why release all the album version again?

tigrs99 05-08-2010 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luceknight (Post 986892)

It's on Bon Jovim site
http://www.bonjovi.com/audio-clip/al..._with_933_wmmr

amit

Supersonic 05-08-2010 12:32 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by asok80 (Post 986911)
Having listened to the interview and reading the comments here, it wouldn't surprise me if the version on the CD is from the Seattle show and the version played during Obie's interview is the "rare" one that you can listen to if you buy the album and access the code to the website.

No, this one is on the CD. When hearing the preview on Amazon I thought I heard similar riffs as to the version performed during the soundcheck in Seattle.

That said, I agree with bonjovi90, there (again) are so many better versions in the archive, yet Obie picks one of a soundcheck, and during soundchecks no one in the band gave their all; Jon doesn't do the scream before the solo, something he did do during the Fahrenheit tour.

I also don't get why all the banter is included before the song. It's not like anything interested is being said, no funny things or any talk on the setup. Completely pointless this. :|

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan