Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Ten Classic Bon Jovi Albums Presented As Special Editions (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=50680)

Crushgen24/88 04-23-2010 11:07 AM

If there's a Box Set with cool memorabilia and a AAA DVD, I'll buy that. The collector in me finds it very cool honestly.

Simon 04-23-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigrs99 (Post 985327)
Here is Tracklist from Bounce Target CD
1 Breathe (Demo)
2 Lucky (Demo)
3 No Regrets (Demo)
4 Standing (Demo)
5 We Can Dance
6 Misunderstood (Live)
7 Everyday (Acoustic)
8 Just Older (LIve)

Chk on Amazon I got my Target CD from there few months ago
http://www.amazon.com/Target-Stores-...1&sr=8-1-fkmr1

Yeah, but it doesn't tell me where the live songs were recorded? Is that information given on the CD?

Mr Rock 04-23-2010 01:26 PM

Amazon has the tour box at £297!!

If the albums were £15 each and the Access DVD was £15 that makes it £165, cheeky sods! :(

Glad I copied my Access VHS a few years ago, it came out really well converting it to DVD.

I hope the online Vault is going to be worth it, there will be an uproar if it doesn't let you download the additional tracks to keep.

tigrs99 04-23-2010 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Rock (Post 985339)
Amazon has the tour box at £297!!

If the albums were £15 each and the Access DVD was £15 that makes it £165, cheeky sods! :(

Glad I copied my Access VHS a few years ago, it came out really well converting it to DVD.

I hope the online Vault is going to be worth it, there will be an uproar if it doesn't let you download the additional tracks to keep.

Wow thats around $450 CD Japan only shows it at $300

amit

Supersonic 04-23-2010 06:12 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 985335)
Yeah, but it doesn't tell me where the live songs were recorded? Is that information given on the CD?

Yes. Grand Ballroom, September 21, 2002.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

tigrs99 04-24-2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 985380)
Aloha !

Yes. Grand Ballroom, September 21, 2002.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Wasnt Hammerstein show on or around aug 23 2002

Nige 04-25-2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigrs99 (Post 985506)
Wasnt Hammerstein show on or around aug 23 2002

Yeah, this was a different show.

tigrs99 04-26-2010 07:54 PM

Walmart has the tour edition CDs for preorder at $9 per cd

Crushgen24/88 04-26-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigrs99 (Post 985787)
Walmart has the tour edition CDs for preorder at $9 per cd

Do they have the Box Set up as well?

Bleeding Purist 04-26-2010 10:43 PM

I hope the extra bonus track mentioned in the online content that each CD unlocks is downloadable in high quality format. I'm holding out on the news of the specifics for each bonus track as to the sources as well as the rest of the specific details before I start considering this.

Each one should really come with a bonus disc ala Japan with a full EP sized minimum track list of live, interestingly sourced (not already available, not sourced from Zurich 2000, etc.) tracks. I'd have no problem then since I'd be paying for the 2nd disc as opposed to the album. This way I'm paying for something I already have that doesn't even improve upon the last round of purchases of the studio albums in remaster form with some bread crumbs thrown in. Skip the bullshit and release a live boxset.

Why is it such a problem to get a hold of live Bon Jovi in album form? At this point in their career they should be heavily documented. It already never made sense there was nothing readily available documenting their years in the 80s save for region specific releases that most of the world didn't get without having to hassle for it.

If you wanted Japan's Tokyo Road in the 1980's you had to pay $75 for it by mail order. In the 1980's $75 was a lot more money. you'd be able to get 3-4 tickets to see the band for that much. It was more than 10 years later when I finally got a taste of the audio off that through the 7800 F Remaster Japan release on the bonus disc, which I played the fukc out of. Then not long after that, during the heyday of Napster in the late 90's.... I came across the video for Hardest Part Is The Night, which I knew existed and had been looking for ever since staring at the Laser Disc release of Breakout - The Videos in a Laser Disc store as a 14 year old with no money. Finally, I ordered a DVD rip of the Laser Disc of Tokyo Road off eBay in 2003. It was enjoyable, but a bit anticlimatic to wait so long as well. It should have been on the shelf at Music Land / Sam Goody (or wherever you did your record shopping) for $19.95 in 1985.

The first official live video took until 1995 and it was a drastically shortened version that served torturous teasing. The most complete release took until 2000, featured unenjoyable audio mixing and unstellar performances. The live album was more of that with only a few choice bright spots, very unsatisfying for long time fans, obviously aimed as an appetizer at the new ones. Still long overdue to fulfilling demand.

If you become a Rush fan there is a live album covering each chapter and a wealth of relatively recent documentation. Ditto for KISS. It's coming out of your ears.

It's fully expected they will be slowing down before long. Ideally, just as KISS did when they slowed down, they'll start finally getting around to all of that. Maybe that has been the game plan all along? Save it for the years when they leave the new album/tour machine they've been at since 1984?

Nothing about the box set yet.