Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   This House Is Not For Sale (2016) - Post Album Release Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69728)

ezearis 10-26-2016 04:29 AM

I was studying when I got it, stopped everything for the last 3 hours and listened to it about 4 times. Plain and simple: this album is amazing.

For the last 3 years I had to read how much Richie-less Bon Jovi was going to suck, and for a moment I believed it, but when the band released Burning Bridges I realized that there was hope, but then the singles came and I got a little scared. Long story short, this album rocks, and it's good from beginning to end, bonus tracks included.

My favourites are: Living With The Ghost (amazing lyrics), The Devil's In The Temple (might be the best in the album, real rock), and the third place is a really close between the upbeat Roller Coster and Scars On This Guitar, which is the only song I like more live so far (maybe with Knockout).

There are some low points like Reunion, but the record overall is pretty good.

There're songs from The Circle, What About Now, and Burning Bridges that I really loved, but as a full album I believe this is the best one since Lost Highway or Have a Nice Day, if you don't like "country".

Can't wait for the two missing bonus tracks!

Thank you Bon Jovi for this album! I believe the last time I loved a record from this band this much at the first listen was back in 2005 (LH was a grower).

Rdkopper 10-26-2016 04:30 AM

Before I get into the live vs studio comparisons, It would only be right to give this album a few days to digest...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 10-26-2016 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1211661)
I was studying when opened Facebook and found out about the leak. Stopped everything for the last 3 hours and listened to it about 4 times. Plain and simple: this album is amazing.

For the last 3 years I had to read how much Richie-less Bon Jovi was going to suck, and for a moment I believed it, but when the band released Burning Bridges I realized that there was hope, but then the singles came and I got a little scared. Long story short, this album rocks, and it's good from beginning to end, bonus tracks included.

My favourites are: Living With The Ghost (amazing lyrics), The Devil's In The Temple (might be the best in the album, real rock), and the third place is a really close between the upbeat Roller Coster and Scars On This Guitar, which is the only song I like more live so far (maybe with Knockout).

There are some low points like Reunion, but the record overall is pretty good. The production is loud but suits good the album (in the way HAND did).

There're songs from The Circle, What About Now, and Burning Bridges that I really loved, but as a full album I believe this is the best one since Lost Highway or Have a Nice Day, if you don't like "country".

Can't wait for the two missing bonus tracks!

Thank you Bon Jovi for this album! I believe the last time I loved a record from this band this much at the first listen was back in 2005 (LH was a grower).

Nice write up... and I'd even say it's the best post 2K album as a whole... start to finish...

mike1990 10-26-2016 04:43 AM

This album is just amazing. Easily the best since HAND and possibly the best in 20+ years.
A few of you dislike Reunion, but I actually like it. Goodnight New York is growing on me. Only one I'm not thrilled with is Roller Coaster.
The ending of I Will Drive you Home is so weird that it's awesome.

Rdkopper 10-26-2016 04:51 AM

Who is singing in the end??? Is it Jon??? Or someone else???

ezearis 10-26-2016 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike1990 (Post 1211664)
The ending of I Will Drive you Home is so weird that it's awesome.

That song would be perfect if it wasn't for that ending. I don't dislike it but it's weird.

Becky 10-26-2016 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1211665)
Who is singing in the end??? Is it Jon??? Or someone else???

I think it's Jon and David combined.

Captmorgs 10-26-2016 05:28 AM

I honestly wasn't 100% sure the band was capable of this anymore. Wow. Living With The Ghost is some of the best writing Jon has done in years. Almost every song is good. #faithrestored

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Savvi 10-26-2016 05:53 AM

Bah! I am loving Goodnight New York. What a fun, festive song. And even I Will Drive You Home... so different but it's definitely gonna be a grower. Im loving Real Love too. It's grown on me so much and I love the atmosphere it gives off.

This album sounds serious yet fun, sounds pop/rock but quality, and most importantly sounds modern but still Jovi.

Well done boys for pulling it off!

Roller Coaster, Living With a Ghost, Born Again Tomorrow, Devil's In The Temple are my favs.

Scars and Come on Up to Our House are the only two songs I already want to skip. But i'll give them a proper chance.

JackieBlue 10-26-2016 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1211666)
That song would be perfect if it wasn't for that ending. I don't dislike it but it's weird.

I think the ending is gorgeous. Stunning... I backed it up just to hear the end a half dozen times. When the drums drop out and it's just the voices... Beautiful!