Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   This House Is Not For Sale (2016) - Post Album Release Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69728)

semigoodlookin 10-29-2016 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tictoc (Post 1212232)

Nope, and saying it's the best album since These Days is lazy and wrong.

It would only be lazy and wrong if the benchmark was high. Since 2000 the albums have been terrible. I think it is lazy to and wrong to say HAND and TC are good albums, when I personally think their are rubbish.

Comparing which post-2000 Bon Jovi album is the best is like comparing which of the classic four is the best. There are opinions based on taste, for the classics it is which type of outstanding music you prefer. For post-2000 it is what type of boring and awful music you prefer. THINFS is the least awful thing since These Days.

If I, and many others, place it as the fifth best Bon Jovi album, then it is as close to being a classic as can be. I don't believe it is a classic anyway. For a band we love, Bon Jovi's discography is very patchy and arguably poor. I can only tolerate six albums they have released, This House happens to be one of them.

newikov 10-29-2016 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1212405)
Huh. Vienna? Might just try to pick it up today then.

Saturn on Mariahilferstrasse :)

Sent from my MX5 using Tapatalk

newikov 10-29-2016 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardwired_70 (Post 1212404)
Bring on Touch of Grey :) I doubt it will be a rock song - just another acoustic ballad I guess :(. Go for it newikov!

I would actually share it later but I'm afraid to be banned because of those new rules here

JackieBlue 10-29-2016 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardwired_70 (Post 1212404)
Bring on Touch of Grey :) I doubt it will be a rock song - just another acoustic ballad I guess :(. Go for it newikov!

I'd say this would be a pretty safe bet. Given the other Brett James co-writes, I'm expecting something on the softer, reflective side. That said, though, I'll add that this album has surprised me in a number of ways, so you never know.

Welcome to the board, btw. And don't let Grumpy put you off. He's totally harmless. :)

Alphavictim 10-29-2016 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newikov (Post 1212407)
Saturn on Mariahilferstrasse :)

My go-to spot for such releases anyway. Hnnnnng. Groceries or the record? Goddamn those Ladenöffnungszeiten :P

Rdkopper 10-29-2016 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newikov (Post 1212408)
I would actually share it later but I'm afraid to be banned because of those new rules here

Then don't share it (especially with that dude... He's a lurker who hates all the new stuff)... BTY, wait to you see all the suck up PMs you're about to get...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Bleeding Purist 10-29-2016 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newikov (Post 1212408)

It isn't a new rule. The rule is no posting of download links. Links to streams are a different story. The bottom line is keeping the board from being at risk due to directly posting links to download official material.

hchb2000 10-29-2016 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1212349)
Absolutely. I went into this album expecting nothing and was pleasantly surprised. If I went in expecting These Days 2 then I'd be mortified.

It's a Bon Jovi record in 2016 when Jon's voice is shot and Richie isn't on board.

The more I listen to it I think the decision to leave out backing vocals and guitar solos on the majority of songs was a good choice. Not only does it bring out a vulnerability in Jon's voice but it doesn't try hard to cover up Richie's absence with Phil's over the top ill fitting solos which would have cheapened the overall experience.

You nailed it sir, great post is great!

newikov 10-29-2016 05:34 PM

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...0525c38b12.jpg

Jeeper 10-29-2016 05:35 PM

(null)
Great, thanks. Might be a faster song after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk