Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Thunder :: Better Man (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=18883)

JOEYKID 11-06-2003 11:23 AM

Thunder :: Better Man
 
anyone know the song?


its my fav Thunder track, really fantastic vocals on it, its a crowed fav i know just wonderd if you lot like it or even know of it, not being soft, i dunno, the song gets to me in a way...


A Better Man
Once in a while, I drift in time
To a place in my memory that it still hurts to find
I was taking on the world with a see through smile
But sying on the inside all the while
I was dying on the inside all the while
Like a martyr that don't want sympathy
I locked away my feelings and threw away the key
It was gonna take a miracle to pierce my pride
And you were the tower of strength that tried
When your loving washed right over me like the tide

CHORUS

And now I believe in love
I believe in love
You're the reason why I can
Cos when I look at myself in the mirror
I see a better man, a better man

Yes it's hard finding words that can say how I feel about you
I don't care if it sounds like an old cliché
But I can't stand the thought of living my life without you
For even a day

(SOLO)

And now I believe in love
Yes I believe in love
You're the reason why I can
Cos when I look at myself in the mirror
Oh baby when I look at myself in the mirror
When I'm looking at myself in the mirror
I see a better man...

LieToMe 11-06-2003 07:04 PM

Sure do. I have always liked that song. Great lyrics, really a beautiful song....Not my favorite thunder song though...That would be love walked in.

JOEYKID 11-06-2003 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LieToMe
Sure do. I have always liked that song. Great lyrics, really a beautiful song....Not my favorite thunder song though...That would be love walked in.


*thats when loved walked in to my dooooooor*

ha ha, not likely living in birmingham but never the less lmao

yeah i love it too, its great on the current live dvd me thinks, it sounds amazing

Mad4Jovi 11-07-2003 08:52 PM

Seeing as its such a fave of yours Andy, have you decided whether to catch them live at the end of the month yet? Here's the UK dates incase anyone else is interested:

17/11/2003 Portsmouth Guildhall www.gigsandtours.com
18/11/2003 UEA Norwich www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk
20/11/2003 Northumbria Uni www.gigsandtours.com
21/11/2003 Glasgow Academy www.ticketmaster.co.uk
22/11/2003 Liverpool Uni www.gigsandtours.com
24/11/2003 Nottingham Rock City www.rock-city.co.uk
25/11/2003 Watford Colosseum www.watford-colosseum.com
26/11/2003 Bristol Academy www.ticketweb.com
28/11/2003 Guildford Civic www.gigsandtours.com
29/11/2003 London Astoria www.ticketweb.co.uk
30/11/2003 Wolverhampton Civic www.wolvescivic.co.uk

Plus I believe they're doing some European dates in early 2004. Everyone should go see these guys - they rock!

JOEYKID 11-08-2003 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad4Jovi
Seeing as its such a fave of yours Andy, have you decided whether to catch them live at the end of the month yet? Here's the UK dates incase anyone else is interested:

17/11/2003 Portsmouth Guildhall www.gigsandtours.com
18/11/2003 UEA Norwich www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk
20/11/2003 Northumbria Uni www.gigsandtours.com
21/11/2003 Glasgow Academy www.ticketmaster.co.uk
22/11/2003 Liverpool Uni www.gigsandtours.com
24/11/2003 Nottingham Rock City www.rock-city.co.uk
25/11/2003 Watford Colosseum www.watford-colosseum.com
26/11/2003 Bristol Academy www.ticketweb.com
28/11/2003 Guildford Civic www.gigsandtours.com
29/11/2003 London Astoria www.ticketweb.co.uk
30/11/2003 Wolverhampton Civic www.wolvescivic.co.uk

Plus I believe they're doing some European dates in early 2004. Everyone should go see these guys - they rock!

Ceri i decided when i heard the news, i just need someone else to decide also :?

JOEYKID 11-13-2003 12:10 PM

8) I WILL BE THERE:

25/11/2003 Watford Colosseum :D
29/11/2003 London Astoria :D

now if my ickle firned up north could come too would be the best day of my life :cry:


guess my bro will have to do...

Mad4Jovi 11-13-2003 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOEYKID
I WILL BE THERE:

25/11/2003 Watford Colosseum
29/11/2003 London Astoria

now if my ickle firned up north could come too would be the best day of my life


guess my bro will have to do...

Glad you're going :D You think Thunder rock now - wait til you've seen them headlining! In just over one week, my mini Thunder tour will begin :)

JOEYKID 11-25-2003 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad4Jovi
Quote:

Originally Posted by JOEYKID
I WILL BE THERE:

25/11/2003 Watford Colosseum
29/11/2003 London Astoria

now if my ickle firned up north could come too would be the best day of my life


guess my bro will have to do...

Glad you're going :D You think Thunder rock now - wait til you've seen them headlining! In just over one week, my mini Thunder tour will begin :)


MY TIME HAS COME

and about ****ing time too!

will take the short walk to the gig in about 2 hours to listen to a shite support act 'Must' then listen to Thunder for a good few hours, come home, do my english essay then go to college in the morning, no time to eat or sleep, its actually rock and roll.....and boy am i gona love it :D


first smile in a long time so im well up for it now

will be going into town on saturday to see them too and cant wait for that but for now... :D

jovilaura_fi 11-25-2003 05:14 PM

I like Thunder, but I've never heard this song.

Low life in high places is my fave :)

JOEYKID 11-25-2003 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovilaura_fi
I like Thunder, but I've never heard this song.

Low life in high places is my fave :)

ha ha that was mine till i heard this, both ballad type tracks but fantastic, listening to a live show of thiers now

see laura lol, most dont know thunder but you do...thats good lol


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.