Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Cadillac Man (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=46669)

Vettetrax 10-11-2008 06:48 PM

Cadillac Man
 
Hey guys i was wondering if the actual studio recording ever leaked??
I've had a live version of it for years but the sound quality isn't the best
I did a search on the board but none of the results were clear if you guys were listening to a studio version or live recording.

I know the policy so i'm not asking for a copy of the song i'm just wondering if i should be looking harder for a studio version or not lol thanks guys

Goldsausage 10-11-2008 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettetrax (Post 882491)
I know the policy so i'm not asking for a copy of the song

Oh, you know that policy but not the tax-on-asking-questions policy? HOW CONVEINIENT.

ZB_ 10-11-2008 06:53 PM

There's no studio version of "Cadillac Man". The song was written and compose through the Jersey Syndicate Tour and was thought to be recorded on the next session, but the band took the break, so there was no session 'til Keep The Faith session. But Cadillac Man was didn't where Bon Jovi were headed anymore...

Nige 10-11-2008 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZB_ (Post 882494)
There's no studio version of "Cadillac Man". The song was written and compose through the Jersey Syndicate Tour and was thought to be recorded on the next session, but the band took the break, so there was no session 'til Keep The Faith session. But Cadillac Man didn't where Bon Jovi were headed anymore...

Are you sure? I thought a studio version (or a demo at least) was recorded in Australia in late 89.

Certainly it's never been leaked in any case so you can stop looking.....

daniel1977 10-14-2008 11:20 AM

hi,

in fact it has been recorded in French by french rock star johnny hallyday in an album called "ša ne change pas un homme" in 1991. Bon Jovi get credit for 2 songs in that album.

Sami 10-14-2008 01:03 PM

I always thought it could have been a classic. Such a great Bon Jovi song.

In the last few years in particular, there has been so many mediocre songs released. And this one masterpiece never made it.

Kathleen 10-14-2008 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel1977 (Post 883093)
hi,

in fact it has been recorded in French by french rock star johnny hallyday in an album called "ša ne change pas un homme" in 1991. Bon Jovi get credit for 2 songs in that album.

That's correct and it's done very nicely too.

Unfortunately I wish there were a studio version - or a really high quality live version from the band. I always liked that song.

milomom 10-15-2008 03:35 AM

Okay you guys that know everything :rolleyes:, when & where was Cadillac Man performed? I think I just have one live version (Hammersmith Odeon), and I don't even know the other times it was done.

Kathleen 10-15-2008 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 883308)
Okay you guys that know everything :rolleyes:, when & where was Cadillac Man performed? I think I just have one live version (Hammersmith Odeon), and I don't even know the other times it was done.

Here you go Terri....

Castle Hall, Osaka, Japan, 9th January 1991

Charity Concert, Hammersmith Odeon, London, UK, 10th January 1990

1st Annual Christmas Afternoon Show, Count Basie Theatre, Red Bank, New Jersey, 23rd December 1990

The Hammersmith Odeon show has the best sound of all 3 if you have Paragon's version.

Signed by-

We who know everything LOL

milomom 10-15-2008 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 883309)
Here you go Terri....

Castle Hall, Osaka, Japan, 9th January 1991

Charity Concert, Hammersmith Odeon, London, UK, 10th January 1990

1st Annual Christmas Afternoon Show, Count Basie Theatre, Red Bank, New Jersey, 23rd December 1990

The Hammersmith Odeon show has the best sound of all 3 if you have Paragon's version.

Signed by-

We who know everything LOL

Damn -- that was FAST! Kathleen to the rescue! :cool:

I'll have to check where I got the Hammersmith Odeon show, just in case there's something better out there.

Thanks for the info!



EDIT - Okay, that explains the sound on the version that I have. :-(


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.