Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Whats the attraction with This Aint A Love Song???? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=53325)

Yvonne 07-31-2011 11:38 AM

Whats the attraction with This Aint A Love Song????

Ok so another song everyones divided on.... This Aint A Love Song. So I decided to do a separate post, rather than discussing it through the tour section.

These Days is my fave song album by miles and I can appreciate all the songs on the album in their own way, I just don't see why people absolutely love this particular song. Alot of people I've spoken to prefer Always to it, myself I think Bed Of Roses is alot better than both.

This Aint A Love Song is a nice song, I wouldn't be blown away if they played it live, there are other songs I'd be blown away by and other songs for me have a wow factor.

And no its not because I'm not at the last shows of the tour.....

RS8MB0R8 07-31-2011 11:58 AM

I'm the same tbh Yvonne. I like the song and would love to hear it live but there are others like STBI and WITW that I would rather hear for a second time than hear this song for the first time.

Each to their own though. :)

Sambo-Chris 07-31-2011 12:19 PM

It's the song I hate most. I'm not a fan of power ballads and this one is the worst beside Stay. I can't stand the way Jon sings it. To me it just sounds like whining but not singing.

DryCounty 07-31-2011 12:24 PM

I can absolutely understand the hype over the song. For me it's one of the best Jovi songs ever written. Amazing guitar work, they really put some effort in doing the song you can tell! The lyrics are great too. Can't understand it's played so seldom. Amazing track!

Savvi 07-31-2011 01:02 PM

No doubt it is a great song, but like the These Days album, I think it is overly loved on jovitalk.

It is one of the top 3 songs from the album though IMO.

Mr.Sambora_88 07-31-2011 01:06 PM

I share your opinion, Yvonne. I can't understand the "This ain't a love song-hype". This song is just average. I don't need to hear it live and would prefer a lot of other songs. I don't like the melody.

Supersonic 07-31-2011 01:11 PM

Aloha !

This Ain't A Love Song is their last great power ballad, and it's a very good one. There's elements of blues, soul, pop and rock in it, and Jon blends all styles in there when he sings it. It's also one of their biggest hits of the nineties and was one of the summer hits of 1995, so obviously many people like it.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

DaveK 07-31-2011 01:29 PM

It's a great song that is now hardly ever played and we have had to put up with the likes of lost highway and captain crash over it. I'm not saying it should be in every set list (although personally I couldn't complain if it was) but it should be played more often.

Everyone's each to their own. If there are people who don't like it they're entitled to have their own opinion.

Crushgen24/88 07-31-2011 07:57 PM

It's an amazing song IMO. I think the hype comes from the fact that over this tour many of the "super-rarities" that people have clamored for during the 2000's (DC, TD, Alw, etc.) have started to become semi-regulars, so people are drifting to different mega-rare songs.

bjcrazycpa 07-31-2011 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1068966)
Aloha !

This Ain't A Love Song is their last great power ballad, and it's a very good one. There's elements of blues, soul, pop and rock in it, and Jon blends all styles in there when he sings it. It's also one of their biggest hits of the nineties and was one of the summer hits of 1995, so obviously many people like it.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Agreed. And I like it because it has the most angst of the ballads, not overly syrupy, to me just rings more true. Lie To Me is my favorite song off of TD, STBI 2nd and this song 3rd.