Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Neurotica (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36822)

Bleeding Purist 08-16-2006 01:30 PM

Neurotica

Angel flying solo
Must have gone and sold your halo
She's accidental innocence
And white trash elegance (alright)

I just ****ing fell in love with this song 6 years later.

Oh, I've listened to it before, but it was kinda muddy to listen to from my point of view then and I never really read the lyrics. When it got played..it would be only when I play the Crush CD...and since usually I'm going off mp3s...that isn't that often. Mostly I just remember only the chants of "Neurotica" and that alone sounded kinda catchy.

Tonight was the first time I listened to the song post-implant. I'm blown away. It's easily the best song on Crush. It's got everything going. It's got fun, balls, and a chorus that will bury itself in your head like a hatchet. It's honest. It's what I can easily accept as post-These Days-having-fun. One Wild Night always induced a bit of a gagging reaction. It has a bit too much sugar in it for my taste. But it's got some aspects of it that I like so I do listen to it. I dont' have to suffer that with Neurotica.

Anyway...that's my embarassing belated take on that song. I hang my head in shame.

andy_ash 08-16-2006 01:38 PM

it's just a shame about the bridge section, it's has if jon's forgotten the words and is just repeating him self. how does it go?.... when call her, i like to call her, and when i call her i call her and they some body hit's i in the gut to produce the huh! apart from that bit i think that would have been on the final tracklist and not just a bonus. Richie's on top form on this track too.

bjcrazycpa 08-16-2006 02:53 PM

Okay, Dave you are going to make me go back and now listen to this song more closely. I've never been overly fond of this tune but I like the lyrics you posted and it makes me want to go back and give it a second chance. So, thank you for that.

deb

tweety_b 08-16-2006 02:59 PM

Always loved this song. Both lyrics and music are great :)

Not Old_Just Older 08-16-2006 04:43 PM

I love it to... Its just like the voice of reason aka Bleeding Purist said It got balls.... and it has a killer solo!

Bleeding Purist Im glad you found an old song to fall in love with... its always really nice when it happens... For me lately its the song "Drive" its on one of Jons DA singles...

Captain_jovi 08-16-2006 05:18 PM

Not to de-rail but congrats on the implants!! How's that going for you?

Alphavictim 08-16-2006 05:20 PM

I never was too crazy about it, but I've always thought it should have been on Crush.

Emil 08-16-2006 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist
IIt's easily the best song on Crush.

I have always thought the same thing.

Jonbonrocks 08-16-2006 06:43 PM

It's a great song, through and through, sort of dirtier and rough for Bon Jovi, and it should have been on Crush, no doubt!!!

I love that song so much, and I think Dirty Little Secret and it are like sister songs.

OWN is great, I think though! Slide guitar, screams from Jon, a great bassline, yeah yeah yeahs at the end, good lyrics. Perfectly constructed song! I don't like the Live album studio version as much - it flows better, but its too poppy or electronic sounding.

JoviForever 08-16-2006 07:05 PM

The depressing thing is, it's by far the best song from the Crush era, and it didn't even make the full bloody version!