Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   New Studio Album - Forever (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=71003)

eddie73 03-17-2023 01:00 PM

New Studio Album - Forever

Thread for new album.

Things we know so far

1- Writing has commenced, at least 6 songs written/ demo .

2- Desmond " The Touch " Child is involved

3- Shanks continuing to co produce

I'm not sure why i get excited when i hear this because i think we all know what it will sound like ! Hoping, dreaming ,maybe just maybe of a a real Rock record , id take a similar sound and approach to HAND if I'm honest .

What's everybody realistic expectations and if you had a choice of direction, which way should they go with it ?

Litneg 03-17-2023 02:19 PM

No expectations until something concret be announced.

He's been writing since January/2021 and there was one recording session, at least, in May/2021.

We were presented to "Hollow Man" in June/2021 and, skipping to March/2023, we know Child is now involved in writing process too, and supposedly another recording session is happening though I found odd that Phil didn't post anything about it.

And that's all, unfortunately.

Captain_jovi 03-17-2023 02:27 PM

Phil was never going to write with them so I didn't find it odd at all. Especially since we don't know what all this is for, we just know Jon is writing.

I dont think Jon's voice could take a rock record, let alone another HAND.

Litneg 03-17-2023 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1284537)
Phil was never going to write with them so I didn't find it odd at all. Especially since we don't know what all this is for, we just know Jon is writing.

I meant "to post some pic of his guitars or in the studio" like he did before, IF the band is indeed in a recording session.

rolo_tomachi 03-17-2023 03:19 PM

Well, at this point, I'm open to anything. So I just hope it feels a little more original than the last few releases.

Thinny 03-17-2023 03:28 PM

I still think that it's just Jon and Shanks at the mo putting the basics together. I douby any of the other band members are involved at this stage. The fact that they are still writing suggets the the band recording sessions are still a way off.

of course it could also be that Jon and Shanks are in the studio doing some overdubs for the box set? We know that overdubbed on the last box set and Burning Bridges don't we?

Nige 03-17-2023 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1284540)
of course it could also be that Jon and Shanks are in the studio doing some overdubs for the box set? We know that overdubbed on the last box set and Burning Bridges don't we?

That's what I'm guessing.

rolo_tomachi 03-17-2023 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1284540)
I still think that it's just Jon and Shanks at the mo putting the basics together. I douby any of the other band members are involved at this stage. The fact that they are still writing suggets the the band recording sessions are still a way off.

Speaking of Burning Bridges, I love the sound of it. I hope the box set sounds as good as this collection of songs.

eddie73 03-17-2023 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1284543)
Speaking of Burning Bridges, I love the sound of it. I hope the box set sounds as good as this collection of songs.

Best collection of songs on one album since HAND

bonjovi90 03-17-2023 05:50 PM

Didn't Jon say at some point that he was told by people around him (the band?) that he should stop writing that "newsreporter stuff" and that he had started to write something different (topic-wise)? I think there was an interview with regards to that, but it seems so long ago.
Maybe he has the intention of coming up with new music but, regardless of his voice, he finds it hard to really get a topic he wants to write about.