Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Last band/artist you've bought a ticket to see... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=37630)

C'monFeet 12-15-2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi (Post 962547)
redeviate

Nice.

C'monFeet 12-15-2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi (Post 962547)
I'm on a mission to see a band in Amsterdam at some point.

Roger Waters would be awesome but any band with a decent light show would do :D

I don't think I've ever been to Amsterdam without seeing a band. Three previous Jam in the Dams obviously (Jams in the Dam?), but even my first trip, a uni field trip, I ended up at the Melkweg watching Three Colours Red, who just happened to be playing there. When I went for my first holiday with my ex, I ended up seeing Kathleen Edwards (and we ended up arguing over my taking her to see an incredibly attractive, ginger country singer. Good times).

The Melkweg and Paradiso are both great venues. The Dutch seem to have good taste and attract the right bands. Shouldn't be too hard to find a good gig.

milomom 12-16-2009 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C'monFeet (Post 962614)
I'm starting to get the impression Eric Clapton needs a proper band again. In the space of six months he'll have played with Roger Daltrey, Steve Winwood and Jeff Beck...

Actually, as strange as it sounds Roger Daltrey is listed as the "support act." I guess time will tell how it's actually going to play out.

Jim Bon Jovi 12-16-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C'monFeet (Post 962616)
I don't think I've ever been to Amsterdam without seeing a band. Three previous Jam in the Dams obviously (Jams in the Dam?), but even my first trip, a uni field trip, I ended up at the Melkweg watching Three Colours Red, who just happened to be playing there. When I went for my first holiday with my ex, I ended up seeing Kathleen Edwards (and we ended up arguing over my taking her to see an incredibly attractive, ginger country singer. Good times).

The Melkweg and Paradiso are both great venues. The Dutch seem to have good taste and attract the right bands. Shouldn't be too hard to find a good gig.

The only issue is finding the energy and gumption to get your ass out of a shop and get to the venue :D

Panda 12-20-2009 04:04 AM

Just bought a ticket for Muse on March 30th. I tried to edit my signature, but couldn't.... Not enough space. Ill wait until after I see guns n roses. But from all the reviews I've read, I hear they have an excellent rock show. Can't wait until March 30th....

Goldsausage 12-23-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chica Guacamole (Post 962549)
She's doing 2 shows before her new album comes out, one in Glasgow and one somewhere in London. Not sure about the London show, but the Glasgow tickets were only £10 each which is pretty damn bargainous :)

And if you book in advance, train tickets are pretty cheap. And I also highly recommend the Young Persons Railcard which gets you 1/3 off fares-I can get from Edinburgh to Aberdeen for £5 :)

Oh Sara, so knowledgable as usual :)

But there's no London gig :cry:

EDIT: Wait, yes there is, sorry. But you have to phone the venue for tickets. God dammit <_<

EDIT AGAIN: Sold out anyway <_< :cry:

C'monFeet 12-26-2009 05:54 AM

Rufus Wainwright

Yvonne 12-26-2009 11:01 PM

Bon Jovi, yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

beler 12-28-2009 09:59 PM

Kiss - tickets for two shows and Bon Jovi:)

Yvonne 12-31-2009 06:26 PM

bon jovi again