Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

bonjovi90 08-17-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1258293)
You bastard!:mrgreen: Oh, well, it sounds like Jovi fiction anyway. But then, it's rather cruel to joke like that. There are people out there who still hope for a reunion...

I know, I like to toy with people's hopes from time to time :mrgreen:

But on a serious note: I just got the information from an old Swedish trading friend that Bon Jovi had stayed in Stockholm for two days after the show to record some material in a studio there.

JackieBlue 08-17-2019 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1258304)
I know, I like to toy with people's hopes from time to time :mrgreen:

But on a serious note: I just got the information from an old Swedish trading friend that Bon Jovi had stayed in Stockholm for two days after the show to record some material in a studio there.

Interesting; I'm surprised there wasn't something from Phil-X or Shanks on IG. But at least it sounds a little more positive about the possibility of more band involvement.

This is probably going to sound like people who leap to "country" every time Nashville is mentioned; but my first thought was "Max Martin?" :)

PanosBonJovi 08-18-2019 08:25 PM

There's not a slight chance for Bon Jovi to do another It's My Life hit.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but sounds impossible to me.

steel_horse75 08-19-2019 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1258256)
Jon seems proud and satisfied.

He was about THINFS and its their worst album. Makes WAN sound like NJ or SWW!

rolo_tomachi 08-19-2019 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1258322)

Jon should forget everything related to the last two decades and start writing and composing something completely different. Something that is to mark a before and after.

But I think Jon doesn't want to complicate himself anymore, so he composes with other artists so he doesn't have to think too much, he works with the same producer to get something fast and easy. So I suppose that although I would love to have a new course, I think we'll be locked in this vicious circle until the end of his career.

Jeeper 08-19-2019 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1258326)
He was about THINFS and its their worst album. Makes WAN sound like NJ or SWW!

Didn’t you really like THINFS when it came out?....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 08-19-2019 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 1258332)

No he likes WAN which is about as worse...

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

TheseDaysEra 08-19-2019 05:59 PM

Curious about how Jon will sound on record. Forget the whole 'studio trickery' argument. As a sound engineer, I can tell you that I often use Auto-Tune, Melodyne and other tools to either enhance, tune or correct timing issues when mixing in the studio. But I guarantee you that the source HAS to be decent, other wise you'll tune it to the point where it becomes obvious and it turns more into an audible effect (think trap music, Cher, T-pain, etc) than a correction.

Jon sounds completely out of breathe, his voice is weak and frail. There is no special button or plugin that makes a weak voice sound raspy and powerful.
My guess is that he'll be spending A LOT of time recording vocals, aided by his production team AND THEN receive a hefty amount of editing and tuning. And even then, I'm very curious.

His voice is completely wrecked, he sounds like he's in actual pain while singing.

rolo_tomachi 08-19-2019 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDaysEra (Post 1258339)
Curious about how Jon will sound on record. Forget the whole 'studio trickery' argument. As a sound engineer, I can tell you that I often use Auto-Tune, Melodyne and other tools to either enhance, tune or correct timing issues when mixing in the studio. But I guarantee you that the source HAS to be decent, other wise you'll tune it to the point where it becomes obvious and it turns more into an audible effect (think trap music, Cher, T-pain, etc) than a correction.

Jon sounds completely out of breathe, his voice is weak and frail. There is no special button or plugin that makes a weak voice sound raspy and powerful.
My guess is that he'll be spending A LOT of time recording vocals, aided by his production team AND THEN receive a hefty amount of editing and tuning. And even then, I'm very curious.

His voice is completely wrecked, he sounds like he's in actual pain while singing.

Yes, that is another of my curiosities. But again, Jon already had serious problems since 2013-14, and yet I deliver some great voices in Burning Bridges. However for THINFS their voices were not so good, but their last two songs (WWWU and Walls) sounded good.

So I guess, and as you said, they will do everything possible to make the voice sound correct.

I have already said repeatedly that Jovi is a dead horse as far as live shows are concerned. But the work in the studio, that's different, they could still throw something interesting.

steel_horse75 08-19-2019 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1258335)
No he likes WAN which is about as worse...

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

I like half of WAN

steel_horse75 08-19-2019 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 1258332)

No.
I’ve always liked 3 songs. lwtg, ditto and gbtm .
Some on the bonus cd were ok.

PanosBonJovi 08-20-2019 10:46 AM

Well couldn't all that be related to his mentality though? I can't see how a man's vocals can decline like that, that soon.

Bounce7800 08-20-2019 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1258322)

It's unlikely. I think We Don't Run could have been a moderate hit, I'll never understand why they released the Nickelback rip-off from Burning Bridges instead of WDR. Sat Night even got some airplay for a week or so, before the radio stations tired of it quickly and went back to Prayer et al. WDR would have actually been a bit of a statement and may have grabbed some attention. Obviously, not mainstream attention in this era of Ed Sheeran and mumble rap but enough to have a popular hit possibly in the lower reaches of the top 30.

For it to happen it would need to be a good fresh sounding song which gets the backing of the record company and then radios / tv to push it and for Jon and the band to get off their arses to promote it. We're pretty far away on all counts most of the time these days.

Probably the next time we'd see Bon Jovi trouble the singles charts is through a contemporary artist covering one of their songs.

YOVANAfromPeru 08-27-2019 07:38 PM

Title of the new album: “Bon Jovi 2020” “2020 Coming Soon...”

Kova 08-27-2019 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1258430)

I don't get it. Which one is it?

rolo_tomachi 08-27-2019 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1258430)

And the first single: "This Is My Year" "will be released next year..."

Captain_jovi 08-27-2019 09:00 PM

I don't know who is serious and who is joking. Is any of that accurate?

james_d 08-27-2019 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1258433)
I don't know who is serious and who is joking. Is any of that accurate?

From what I've seen on twitter the new album will be called something like 20/20

tzane 08-27-2019 09:17 PM

If that ' s true it will be the badest title album of all time.

Kova 08-27-2019 09:56 PM

So apparently its: Bon Jovi 2020

I kind of dig it. It all started in 1983 with an album Bon Jovi, and this might be the same titled album to end it (make the full circle). 2020, and still standing.

vidda 08-27-2019 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tzane (Post 1258435)
If that ' s true it will be the badest title album of all time.

Well, The Beatles had "1" ,the second natural number, that is the same as 20/20. Not that bad then...:cool:

Seriously, I very doubt the title is known before the first single when maybe it´s six months left for its release...

JackieBlue 08-27-2019 10:37 PM

Well he did once say, "In my rearview mirror, my life's been gettin' clearer..." :)

I've wondered who would be first to capitalize on the 20/20 gimmick. Looks like we have a winner!

steel_horse75 08-27-2019 11:40 PM

Hopefully it don’t mean 20 out of 20 songs are bland pop crap.

YOVANAfromPeru 08-27-2019 11:53 PM

trauma song = military song = some documental about that song
JBJ sang a new song but he didn’t want it to be posted.
He literally said: “Bon Jovi Twenty twenty” about the title of the album

PS Geez! I think that man has more hair than me.

Lucky0003 08-28-2019 12:01 AM

He said the new album name is “Bon Jovi 20/20” on the current cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

angelsambo 08-28-2019 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1258445)
JBJ sang a new song but he didn’t want it to be posted.

How does it sound?

steel_horse75 08-28-2019 08:44 AM

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/...le-1203316056/

steel_horse75 08-28-2019 08:53 AM

I see every outlet is reporting the new album title. Would love it if it 20/20 wasn’t the title and Jbj was winding everyone up.

Supersonic 08-28-2019 09:15 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1258457)
I see every outlet is reporting the new album title. Would love it if it 20/20 wasn’t the title and Jbj was winding everyone up.

Even though I doubt he's got the creativity for it surely even he could think of a better title than 20/20? It's got to be the shittiest album title they've ever come up with. It sounds like a typical Jon Bon Jovi title as in "It can mean multiple things". The Circle was bad but this takes the cake.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

james_d 08-28-2019 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1258458)
Aloha !

Even though I doubt he's got the creativity for it surely even he could think of a better title than 20/20? It's got to be the shittiest album title they've ever come up with. It sounds like a typical Jon Bon Jovi title as in "It can mean multiple things". The Circle was bad but this takes the cake.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I think it's supposed to be almost like a campaign title like Trump 2020 etc. Still sounds a bit crap to me but could fit a more political album.

Eveline 08-28-2019 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_d (Post 1258461)
I think it's supposed to be almost like a campaign title like Trump 2020 etc. Still sounds a bit crap to me but could fit a more political album.

God, if it's meant to be a 'political album', I'm out.

bonjovi90 08-28-2019 01:37 PM

It's early to judge, but the album title screams to me like a lack of creativity and not knowing what actually to say. Which makes me fear that the tracks don't have any content other the news and observations :rolleyes:

PanosBonJovi 08-28-2019 02:15 PM

I think the album title is BON JOVI: 2020 and not the one mentioned on the title. Also the title is inspired from the upcoming electional year

steel_horse75 08-28-2019 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1258462)
God, if it's meant to be a 'political album', I'm out.

You and about 1000 others on twitter - with the exception of the blind faith brigade who'd buy the sound of Jon farting in an empty bake bean tin. Thinking about it - that would be better than THINFS :D

Captain_jovi 08-28-2019 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1258465)
You and about 1000 others on twitter - with the exception of the blind faith brigade who'd buy the sound of Jon farting in an empty bake bean tin. Thinking about it - that would be better than THINFS :D

Wait a second....are you saying you didn't like THINFS?

liljovi93 08-28-2019 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1258466)
Wait a second....are you saying you didn't like THINFS?

I had no idea he didn't like it?! Wish he said!!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

JackieBlue 08-28-2019 02:48 PM

Here's a little more about it:

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/bon-jovi-2020-album/

Quote:

The news comes from Variety, who report that he told this to fans during a show on his Runaway to Paradise Mediterranean cruise, and that the title and its contents are, according to him, inspired by today's headlines. “It’s an election year, so why not?” he said. “I couldn’t do any worse.”

He added that the songs deal with such topics as veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and the recent spell of mass shootings. Saying he's "very happy with it," he admitted that it's a "different record" than fans are used to, especially given the subject of their previous effort.

“This House Is Not for Sale dealt with personal matters, and now it’s behind us,” he added. “Now I have clear vision moving forward.
The last line makes me still think it's going to be Bon Jovi 20/20 not Bon Jovi: 2020. If all they have is what he said, he could have meant it either way; but 20/20 vision is at least a little more creative.

rocknation 08-28-2019 02:58 PM

Uh oh -- in view of the name of the previous Bon Jovi album, Jon is either going blind, or he knows that the world is going to end next year!

pudge104 08-28-2019 03:10 PM

It’s definitely 2020 the year, as in election year, not 20/20 as in eyesight.

james_d 08-28-2019 03:11 PM

I mean if this is part of a different sounding album then great. Worst case scenario is a rehash of WAN/THINFS