Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

YOVANAfromPeru 03-18-2019 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack27 (Post 1251789)
I think it was Tico who said at the fan event in Sydney that Jon played the new songs to the band on the plane and they were reallygood? So that would suggest they have been recorded in some way prior to this process

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1251790)
I think Jon said he recorded acoustic demos into his iPhone...

JBJ also said last December...: “In March we will start the recording process”.

Jack27 03-19-2019 10:25 AM

There's been an interview with Phil in Nashville. He said it's the first time he's been part of the process from the off. He said that on THINFS he did overdubs. Other than that he said he can't say much about the new record other than there has been some very exciting stuff being recorded over the past week.

JackieBlue 03-19-2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack27 (Post 1251812)
There's been an interview with Phil in Nashville. He said it's the first time he's been part of the process from the off. He said that on THINFS he did overdubs. Other than that he said he can't say much about the new record other than there has been some very exciting stuff being recorded over the past week.

Do you have a link?

Jack27 03-19-2019 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1251813)
Do you have a link?

JackieBlue 03-19-2019 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack27 (Post 1251814)

Ah, danke. If I had finished watching the video on the Phil-X tone thread, instead of stopping to make a smart-ass comment, I wouldn't have had to ask. :roll:

But thanks, anyway! :)

YOVANAfromPeru 03-19-2019 05:31 PM

To be honest; they can say whatever they want, we just need to listen the songs >_< lol.

steel_horse75 03-20-2019 10:47 AM

https://twitter.com/DesmondChild/sta...88923845664768

YOVANAfromPeru 03-24-2019 08:02 AM

Google translator lol:

The new Bon Jovi record
For music, working in a studio is a real paradise, but so far it is not promising that Bon Jovi will present us another studio album. Phil X said that new songs are being made all the time, but time will show when the musicians will find a free moment to record a new album:

Jon Bon Jovi writes all the time, but for now I do not know where he is. He is a workaholic, he constantly composes, he has new ideas, as soon as we start rehearsing, he immediately proposes some new songs for the setlist.

Will Polish fans hear new Bon Jovi songs at a Warsaw concert? We will see this already in July 2019.

Original: https://www.antyradio.pl/Muzyka/Wywi...X-WYWIAD-30355
Google translation: https://translate.google.com/transla...X-WYWIAD-30355

it's so simple to just post the link to avoid all the drama of the Love Hurts thread, Miss Bombay... -_-

Jovi98 03-24-2019 11:23 AM

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvXCvJ-HojI/

rolo_tomachi 03-24-2019 02:40 PM

Is good to see that they are in the studio.

You know that I love Metallica too, I loved their album, but I need more new things, and even if they are on tour, it makes me a little mad, because we will not get an album until 2022 with a bit of luck, and that's a long time .

At least Bon Jovi have a constant work rhythm, for better and for worse, I just wish that Shanks and BJ would strive to offer something different, but whatever it is, is welcome.

Walleris 03-24-2019 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1251962)
Is good to see that they are in the studio.

You know that I love Metallica too, I loved their album, but I need more new things, and even if they are on tour, it makes me a little mad, because we will not get an album until 2022 with a bit of luck, and that's a long time .

At least Bon Jovi have a constant work rhythm, for better and for worse, I just wish that Shanks and BJ would strive to offer something different, but whatever it is, is welcome.

I'd much rather have an album every 6-7 years that is a worthy addition to a legendary's band legacy (Metallica) than every 2-3 years of "constant" mostly uninspired watered-down output that Jon gives us.

Eveline 03-24-2019 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1251965)
I'd much rather have an album every 6-7 years that is a worthy addition to a legendary's band legacy (Metallica) than every 2-3 years of "constant" mostly uninspired watered-down output that Jon gives us.

Totally agree!

rolo_tomachi 03-24-2019 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1251965)

Metallica has also had mediocre albums between breaks. Waiting more time is not synonymous with quality. Jon will not make a great album ever more (I know where Jovi is now), but he always makes sure to put 3 or 4 songs that I like. So finally although his last 7 albums are not great, there is a decent number of remarkable songs among all that pile of forgettable pop songs.

I'm excited, not for having a new album, but rather, what will be those two or three notable songs that bring this record.

Other thing, phil said that Jon does not stop bringing new ideas or add songs to the list, that's interesting, since we could have more bonus tracks as it already happened with THINFS.

sweetmisery 03-25-2019 02:57 PM

We shall put that theory to the test- long time between albums = quality.

GN'R is said to be making a new album. We shall see if they deliver. lol

That said, Jon should do a rap song/album!

steel_horse75 03-27-2019 01:14 PM

if this album is anything like THINFS then like THINFS ill buy it, listen and then never play it.

They havent made a really good record since forever ago so I have no excitement for this new record unless it has a BB vibe.

† ÀžžÀ † 04-03-2019 02:20 PM

Shanks' involvement dilutes any excitement I would ordinarily have for a new album. It's just going to be more of the same and will remain that way until they either call it a day or ditch him...

Jovi98 04-04-2019 02:21 PM

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv0Tm-zHxqJ/

angelsambo 04-04-2019 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovi98 (Post 1252171)

he blocked me...i told him that i don't like his work with the band

rolo_tomachi 04-04-2019 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1252173)

You're not alone.
:p

liljovi93 04-04-2019 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1252173)

Don't know how the **** he hasn't blocked me yet then!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Eveline 04-04-2019 06:30 PM

Being blocked by Shanks isn't anything wrong :]

Thinny 04-04-2019 10:38 PM

The guy clearly doesn't take criticism very well....something else that would make a bad producer....

Captain_jovi 04-04-2019 11:35 PM

Context is everything. The amount people trash this guy for doing his job, the tweets I've seen directed at him about how he's ruined the band, he should be ashamed etc...at some point that goes well past criticism. If people want to be dicks to someone anonymously I think he's absolutely in the right to block people.

Granted that might not be the case with angelsambo, just making the point that people use Twitter in messed up ways to get anger out and they're going after the wrong guy for the band sounding like it is.

nikos greece 04-05-2019 12:07 AM

shanks is partly responsible though... he is very far into copying other succesful sounds and approaches and clearly lacks character...
producing among many many things its about character, having a certain approach, giving a direction and helping in every way the artist to fulfill his vision and perfect their songs..
there are many many examples that show shanks is not that guy. he wants to producer many a list artists and tries to keep them happy...producing isnt about being happy, is an inner battle where the artist equally challenges and trusts his producer, admires and "despices" him...
many many of the iconic rock albums where a result of inner battles between the singer and the guitarist in most cases and the producer as well. i realise as years pass by its hard to keep that fire, and you cant fake that rivalry, it either exist or doesnt. its that antagonism though that make the sum greater than its parts, that made certain rock groups so captivating..

rolo_tomachi 04-05-2019 12:34 AM

Well, I was blocked on twitter, but not on instagram. aha.

I do not remember very well the thing but was in 2012, had not yet been released What About Now, only heard that demo of Jon singing at home in a TV show. I think I told him repeatedly to Shanks that the albums needed more guitars. In the end, the effect was the opposite, What About Now is the album with the least guitars....until THINFS arrived.

Captain_jovi 04-05-2019 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1252198)
Well, I was blocked on twitter, but not on instagram. aha.

I do not remember very well the thing but was in 2012, had not yet been released What About Now, only heard that demo of Jon singing at home in a TV show. I think I told him repeatedly to Shanks that the albums needed more guitars. In the end, the effect was the opposite, What About Now is the album with the least guitars....until THINFS arrived.

On what world does THINFS have less guitars than WAN? That's crazy talk.

Guys I'm all for a change from Shanks. His guitar playing is great when he doesn't try so hard to sound like other legendary guitarists. He needs to stop getting the band try to sound like U2. But again, either Jon wants that sound or doesn't care enough to move on to another producer. That. Falls. On. Jon.

DestinationJovi 04-05-2019 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovi98 (Post 1252171)

The way he's gripping the pop filter is not unlike the way he grips the mic on stage when he's struggling to hit the notes.

I'm sure Shanks will wave his magic wand though and it'll sound fine on the album. :rolleyes:

rolo_tomachi 04-05-2019 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1252199)
On what world does THINFS have less guitars than WAN? That's crazy talk.

What songs sound with more guitars? That is the problem, although guitars are there, it's inaudible most of the time, and have fewer guitar solos than WAN and that's very sad.

Captain_jovi 04-05-2019 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1252202)
What songs sound with more guitars? That is the problem, although guitars are there, it's inaudible most of the time, and have fewer guitar solos than WAN and that's very sad.

No way. Just....no way! WAN was milque-toast and pretty bland from a musical standpoint. THINFS isn't the most amazing album but guitar parts are much more in the mix. It may not be playing much interesting but it felt more like an effort on my part.

Jovi98 04-06-2019 10:55 AM

https://www.facebook.com/BONJOVIALWA...type=2&theater

rolo_tomachi 04-06-2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovi98 (Post 1252216)

No sound. ¿¿??¿

Jovi98 04-06-2019 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1252217)
No sound. ¿¿??¿

No sound :(

angelsambo 04-11-2019 10:46 AM

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwGm0EMh2gM/

angelsambo 04-17-2019 03:23 AM

amazing news for all the housewife soccer moms

BonJoviTalk
‏Do you think this new album will be the most guitar heavy sounding album since the 90's for @BonJovi ?? It's what we have missed.

Phil X
‏i don’t think so. even the 90s are 20 years ago now. artists mature & want to say different things. even Bruce will never have another Born To Run.

DestinationJovi 04-17-2019 04:59 AM

This should come as a surprise to a total of zero people.

It will be more of the same.

rolo_tomachi 04-17-2019 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1252329)

Sound? :confused:

bonjovi90 04-17-2019 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1252427)
Sound? :confused:

Just read what Phil wrote underneath his post [emoji6]

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

rolo_tomachi 04-18-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1252418)
amazing news for all the housewife soccer moms

BonJoviTalk
‏Do you think this new album will be the most guitar heavy sounding album since the 90's for @BonJovi ?? It's what we have missed.

Phil X
‏i don’t think so. even the 90s are 20 years ago now. artists mature & want to say different things. even Bruce will never have another Born To Run.

I do not understand, that the artists mature, mmm,(BJ) still has the same sound and schematic for the last 10 years. And his new material sounds less mature and artistic than that of the nineties.

More guitars would do some justice but it seems that we will continue along the same road already traveled in recent years.

We will definitely get something similar to the last albums again.

Uninspiring.

jazzsta 04-18-2019 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1252437)
[...] And his new material sounds less mature and artistic than that of the nineties. [...]

This. Simply.

Xavi 04-20-2019 01:52 PM

Anybody knows in which NYC studio are they recording now?
I ve seen some pics and Im not sure if its Avatar studio again.