Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bon Jovi on Ellen - October 21 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=56093)

Captain_jovi 10-23-2013 04:15 PM

Twitter says they're doing Amen. I wonder if they were waiting for the holidays to launch a new single. It'd make sense.

JonGirl 10-23-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1155184)
Twitter says they're doing Amen. I wonder if they were waiting for the holidays to launch a new single. It'd make sense.

Didn't they do Amen last time they were on? Maybe this show is just a repeat.

CKatz 10-23-2013 05:22 PM

Is this the first time that the band is on Ellen without Jon doing an interview with her? Jon hasn't done an interview in a long time. He let David do the recent promo interviews. It's like he doesn't want to be interviewed anymore during this "sensitive" time. Or maybe an interview with Ellen would be too awkward for him, because of what he told her last time about Richie's status in the band.

Captain_jovi 10-23-2013 05:38 PM

No, last time was What About Now. I don't think it's standard to do an interview with the performance, that's just the way it fell this time.

danfan 10-23-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1155184)

I don't see any more singles coming from the record. I think they could do Water or I'm With You, but clearly, they've given up on this one.

Captain_jovi 10-23-2013 06:12 PM

I still think Amen is next on the docket. Why go on a show and do a new song then?

danfan 10-23-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1155195)
I still think Amen is next on the docket. Why go on a show and do a new song then?

No clue, but it's been so long since the 2nd single, I can't imagine pulling out a 3rd one now. The album's been off the charts for months. The tour's almost over. It would make no sense.

Captain_jovi 10-23-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1155196)
No clue, but it's been so long since the 2nd single, I can't imagine pulling out a 3rd one now. The album's been off the charts for months. The tour's almost over. It would make no sense.

I'd guess to drum up radio support for the album. They haven't released a ballad in awhile and the song will be eaten up by Ellen's demographic. I can't knock 'em for trying rather than just giving up on the album. How much other support they'll give it who knows.

JoviForever 10-23-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1155196)

Was there even a 2nd single? I don't remember.

rolo_tomachi 10-23-2013 07:40 PM

I hope it has not been as bad as in the Katie show.
:(

:p