Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   New Jersey to be played in 2018? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69915)

hackster73 03-21-2017 12:26 AM

New Jersey to be played in 2018?

Well it's the 30th anniversary of New Jersey in 2018 and in the same way U2 are touring and playing The Joshua Tree could we see Bon Jovi attempt it in Europe? Seems a long shot I'll admit but with the deluxe release of New Jersey a couple of years back it is seen as a very important album. There are of course two big issues with this... the first being Jon's vocal condition and the second not wanting to visit a time period without Richie being present. It would be difficult but not impossible. If it were to happen would you be happy with something like this:

Lay Your Hands On Me
Bad Medicine
Born To Be My Baby
Living In Sin
Blood On Blood
Homebound Train
Wild Is The Wind
Ride Cowboy Ride
Stick To Your Guns
I'll Be There For You
99 In The Shade
Love For Sale

This House Is Not For Sale
You Give Love A Bad Name
Lost Highway
Roller Coaster
We Weren't Born To Follow
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
We Got It Goin On
Who Says You Can't Go Home
It's My Life
God Bless This Mess
Have A Nice Day
Keep The Faith

Encore :

Wanted Dead Or Alive
Livin On A Prayer

Rdkopper 03-21-2017 12:29 AM

As cool as that would be... No Way!!!

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 03-21-2017 12:29 AM

With Jon's voice I just don't see it happening. Even if it did, with a different guitar player I don't know how interested I'd be.

Javier 03-21-2017 12:31 AM

We have a better shot of the band replaying Lost Highway in its entirety for its 10th this tour.

Oh shit! What did I just do??!!!??!!

bonjovi90 03-21-2017 12:32 AM

Slippery When Wet wasn't played in its entirety in 2011 when it had its 25th anniversary, Richie still was on board and Jon could've pulled it off vocally. So I can't see it happening with NJ either...

hackster73 03-21-2017 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1221327)
We have a better shot of the band replaying Lost Highway in its entirety for its 10th this tour.

Oh shit! What did I just do??!!!??!!

Please don't ever mention this again.

Becky 03-21-2017 12:41 AM

Would be awesome, but I think there's a snowball's chance in hell of it happening. It would be the very definition of going out as a nostalgia act that Jon will never do.

hackster73 03-21-2017 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1221332)
Would be awesome, but I think there's a snowball's chance in hell of it happening. It would be the very definition of going out as a nostalgia act that Jon will never do.

Sometimes it's worth listening to what the fans want though or just acknowledging that you have toured the same states/countries for many years so just give something different. I know it won't happen but if love to be proven wrong along with a returning Mr Sambora and Phil X can stay too. No room for Mr Shanks.

Walleris 03-21-2017 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1221328)
Slippery When Wet wasn't played in its entirety in 2011 when it had its 25th anniversary, Richie still was on board and Jon could've pulled it off vocally. So I can't see it happening with NJ either...

Exactly. And plus, New Jersey is not even an iconic enough album where substantial amount of additional tickets would get sold, like it would've with SWW or like it will with Joshua Tree.

But then again, this is the same person that suggested that these THINFS tour setlists are missing The Distance, so...

Walleris 03-21-2017 01:03 AM

(Accidental double post, please remove)