Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Thank god for the boxset (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=41064)

Kathleen 06-17-2007 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Bluesman (Post 755253)
Hmm, yeah... maybe. I guess I haven't really given it much time. I've never really read into the lyrics, the music has always put me off.

It's one of the best songs on the box set. I was at the Borgata when it was played live. Combined with Jon's speech before it it was a very intense experience. As with so much - you can see it on the Borgata DVD but it doesn't come across with the intensity it did live. Give the song another chance - or two.

I am a huge fan of the entire box set. Sure there are a few I don't bother with but there is a very large pool to pick from and I enjoy most of them.

Kathleen

Crushgen24/88 06-17-2007 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Bluesman (Post 755238)
I still don't understand why everyone raves about this track so much. It seems very average to me.

To each his own I guess, but to me the vocals/lyrics are extremely powerful.
"I used to live, but now I survive. I used to believe, now it's just one day at a time." Just gets me all the time. The solo's good as well.

bjcrazycpa 06-17-2007 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 755336)
To each his own I guess, but to me the vocals/lyrics are extremely powerful.
"I used to live, but now I survive. I used to believe, now it's just one day at a time." Just gets me all the time. The solo's good as well.

Oh yea, one of my favorites on the box set and actually one of my favorite Bon Jovi songs.

I love the box set. Songs like Satellite and The One That Got Away are lyrical gems in my opionion. I also dig the groove of Too Much Of A Good Thing, it's actually got quite the country vibe going on.

deb

Eastwick 06-17-2007 05:39 PM

The Fire Inside! LOVE that song. I'd sacrifice a finger to hear that live in a full band version! ;)

SamboraQueen21 06-17-2007 07:24 PM

I agree with all the songs that have been mentioned so far as standouts.

I have to add Nobody's Hero, although the arrangement is so simple is just stunning and one of the best songs on there imo...

Vettetrax 06-17-2007 09:05 PM

[QUOTE=Redshift;755211]Last Chance Train with Joe Perry on Guitar - great stuff!
QUOTE]

Thats joe perry on guitar on the boxset version??

Captain Walrus 06-18-2007 01:31 AM

[QUOTE=Vettetrax;755463]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redshift (Post 755211)
Last Chance Train with Joe Perry on Guitar - great stuff!
QUOTE]

Thats joe perry on guitar on the boxset version??

As opposed to the non-boxset version .... ?

Yeah, thats him

subasna 06-18-2007 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redshift (Post 755211)
Last Chance Train with Joe Perry on Guitar - great stuff!

really??
i should listen to it more carefully now

Neurotica80 06-20-2007 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Bluesman (Post 755238)
I still don't understand why everyone raves about this track so much. It seems very average to me.

I agree it does nothing for me. As for the boxset. its prob the best thing theyve released in this century. Its certainly the CDs I listen to the most out of all the recent albums

LozLovesBonJovi 06-22-2007 12:16 AM

I love Last Chance Train and Miss Fourth Of July...and actually most of the songs on that boxset. And of course Last Man Standing and Thief Of Hearts. but i do like the HAND version of Last Man Standing better than the boxset version. :)