Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   7800 Fahrenheit a great album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=45138)

kenobi_on_a_prayer 07-09-2008 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alec As Such (Post 859821)
Shit shit shit!!! I can't believe so few actually like this BRILLIANT album and that NOBODY has listed it as their favourite BJ album!!!

For me, there is absolutely no contest. 7800 owns all the other albums in every aspect. Just everything. The songs are pure genious, the lyrics better than anything else they have written, great artwork etc. But what really makes this album stand out for me is the mood. I don't know how to describe it accurately, but maybe it's a bit dark, smoky, melancholic or something in those lines. That is also why I like These Days even though the songs are nothing like on 7800. I also love the production of 7800. It has a really raw sound and especially Tico's drums sound so deep and powerful. Plus his playing is really different than on any other BJ album. Lots of creativity and imagination in his beats, fills and accents. Not that his playing would ever suck, though ;) On 7800 it's just so much better.

The only BJ albums that I can listen to forever without getting fed up are 7800 and Jersey. Even Slippery gets boring quite fast with continuous listening but not 7800 or Jersey...

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that there IS one thing I dislike - no make that HATE - about 7800 and it is the horrible annoying intro of Tokyo Road. I just can't stand it...!

Well if you're a big Alec fan it would make sense to love this album.;)

I actually like the Tokyo Road intro. Nihongo ga daisuki! :)

Chica Guacamole 07-09-2008 11:12 AM

It is a great album, especially if you get it on vinyl. Dunno why but it sounds better (to me) on binyl than on CD- maybe it just completes the 80s rock/metal atmosphere:)

JimmyHill 07-09-2008 11:19 AM

Its a early New Jersey i think, not as good mind but aint a bad album

Shaz 07-09-2008 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus (Post 830090)
Anyone except me really like To The Fire then?

Or Price Of Love? I would have thought that'd be a general favourite, but it never seems to come up too much in people's lists

Me...To The Fire is one of my all time fav. songs.

S.

severo17 07-09-2008 02:36 PM

This album is sooooooo underrated.
I think Its awesome.
One of my favourites, right next to These Days and New Jersey

Alec As Such 07-09-2008 10:40 PM

The best thing ever would be if the band would do a 7800 tour where they would play the whole album from the beginning to the end and nothing else. Just like Metallica did the Master Of Puppets tour just a few years ago.

But SOMEHOW I doubt the boys would even consider it ;) Well, you can always dream...

KeepTheFaith2211 07-09-2008 11:06 PM

Apparently Jon hates 7800...that's what I heard anyway :(

rainsong 07-09-2008 11:10 PM

You can't even convince Jon to listen to it much less sing it or perform it. The band really doesn't like this record and to be honest it's probably almost my least favorite.I pulled it out awhile back and it just sounds so dated and so far removed from reality for me. SWW and NJ somehow are timeless but 7800 just isn't for me.

KeepTheFaith2211 07-09-2008 11:21 PM

I hated 7800 when I first heard it, but about a month ago I listened to it again and it was just brilliant. It felt fresh and it's different :)

Goldsausage 07-09-2008 11:23 PM

I've never got bored of this album, it's so good.

And it's got that old feel about it, hard to explain. Like, vintage feeling about it, if it was all super-produced and all like albums are these days I probably wouldn't like it half as much.