Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rate: Limitless (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70682)

NicoRourke 02-20-2020 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILDJOVIMAN (Post 1261701)
where do you have this Information that there are only 10 Songs on "2020" ?

The album's available for ordering on a few platforms already.

I gave it 1/10. It's just plain bad. Uninspired, not genuine, same lyrics we've heard dozens of time before, same 'wall of sound' style of production, bad vocals, no solo, the list goes on.

steel_horse75 02-20-2020 01:22 PM

They are taking orders for Gold vinyl. £30.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Santa Fe 02-20-2020 02:18 PM

Thought the song would be better

PanosBonJovi 02-20-2020 02:47 PM

This album is all about Jon. So it could easily be a solo work instead by he wanted to use the band's name on it.

5/10.

semigoodlooking 02-20-2020 03:21 PM

I listened for 2 minutes first time. Decided to be fair and went back for a second listen. 10/10 for me.

No, not really. 1/10.

It seems so lazy. You have three songwriters who have all written or contributed to amazing songs, but they deliver this. It's either complete laziness or complete delusion. I can't imagine a collective pat on the back amongst the songwriters after they wrote this.

micro cuts 02-20-2020 03:41 PM

Another bad copy of what''s been made in last 20 years. Stop writing lyrics with life in it! 1/10

TheseDaysEra 02-20-2020 05:17 PM

absolute shit. The same old John Shanks sound. The way the lead vocal is WAY louder on the choruses, which may be common practice during mixdown but it's hardly ever THS noticeable. Again, feels like the whole thing is lazy and relying on the same formula. 'This house is not for sale' (the title track) was good, this is just poor, very very poor.
As someone on Youtube commented, I wish Jon would ditch his relentless urge to fit the mainstream and embrace his 'old' glories and sonics. Look, not every band in the world needs to be constantly re-inventing themselves. Bon Jovi are not Radiohead or Arcade Fire.

Seriously, Bon Jovi, please call it a day. It's not even embarrassing anymore, it's just plain irrelevant. RIP.
I gave it 2/10 instead of 1 because... well, out of pity really.

Bleeding Purist 02-20-2020 07:10 PM

Hmmmm.....

::gives "Limitless" a listen::

::Goes back to listening to Tame Impala without comment::

Oh wait.... Ozzy has a new album out this Friday that I've pre-ordered on the basis of "Under the Graveyard" and "Straight To Hell." Never did I think I'd be excited about new songs from Ozzy at this stage given that I haven't liked pretty much anything since after 1995. If only Jon could come up with something as inspired as those, which successfully meld Ozzy's classic sound with the modern day. Yes, it helps greatly to have someone at the helm that gets it, which is very much the issue here with Bon Jovi.

JoviForever 02-20-2020 08:08 PM

It’’s basically It’S My Life part 7 - the same sentiment with worse lyrics and musically forgettable. The only way this band will ever get back to anywhere near their former glory is to get rid of Shanks and to remind Jon they used to be a rock band and there is a thing called guitars that used to be prominent in their music!😒

YOVANAfromPeru 02-20-2020 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1261754)
It's off my limits!!!

>_< jaja

After a million listens, I'm over the trauma of the chorus caused for that contest; and now I like the chorus more... -_-
Conclusion: I don't hate the song, actually I like it, but yeah it's a very plain song. Plus, I love the lyrics.