Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   7800 Fahrenheit a great album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=45138)

april 06-03-2008 11:37 PM

I like this album but not keen on 'king of the mountain'.I also like the first album BJ.I like a couple of tracks on 'have a nice day 'but cant get into the rest of them. Usually when I buy a BJ album i've only heard a few tracks, I instantly like and warm to the others.I have done to all their albums but not 'have a nice day' for some reason.

Sami 06-05-2008 10:26 PM

The same happened to me with HAND. It took a long time for me to get familiar with it. First I thought it sounded more like a demo album, even a bit unfinished.
Anyway, I do like it nowadays. HAND and WSYCGH are amongst my all time favorites.

KeepTheFaith2211 06-05-2008 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by april (Post 834139)
I like this album but not keen on 'king of the mountain'.I also like the first album BJ.I like a couple of tracks on 'have a nice day 'but cant get into the rest of them. Usually when I buy a BJ album i've only heard a few tracks, I instantly like and warm to the others.I have done to all their albums but not 'have a nice day' for some reason.

I agree with you. Have A Nice Day is my second worst album.

jade4jovi 06-05-2008 10:46 PM

I still think HAND is pretty shit. :( I wish I didn't, but I really do.

KeepTheFaith2211 06-05-2008 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jade4jovi (Post 835023)
I still think HAND is pretty shit. :( I wish I didn't, but I really do.

Same here. My brother thinks it's their best album. The only songs I like are Complicated, DLS, I Am and Wildflower is okay

jade4jovi 06-05-2008 10:53 PM

I actually really like Dirty Little Secret. It's catchy.

Alec As Such 07-08-2008 10:05 PM

Shit shit shit!!! I can't believe so few actually like this BRILLIANT album and that NOBODY has listed it as their favourite BJ album!!!

For me, there is absolutely no contest. 7800 owns all the other albums in every aspect. Just everything. The songs are pure genious, the lyrics better than anything else they have written, great artwork etc. But what really makes this album stand out for me is the mood. I don't know how to describe it accurately, but maybe it's a bit dark, smoky, melancholic or something in those lines. That is also why I like These Days even though the songs are nothing like on 7800. I also love the production of 7800. It has a really raw sound and especially Tico's drums sound so deep and powerful. Plus his playing is really different than on any other BJ album. Lots of creativity and imagination in his beats, fills and accents. Not that his playing would ever suck, though ;) On 7800 it's just so much better.

The only BJ albums that I can listen to forever without getting fed up are 7800 and Jersey. Even Slippery gets boring quite fast with continuous listening but not 7800 or Jersey...

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that there IS one thing I dislike - no make that HATE - about 7800 and it is the horrible annoying intro of Tokyo Road. I just can't stand it...!

KeepTheFaith2211 07-08-2008 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alec As Such (Post 859821)
Shit shit shit!!! I can't believe so few actually like this BRILLIANT album and that NOBODY has listed it as their favourite BJ album!!!

For me, there is absolutely no contest. 7800 owns all the other albums in every aspect. Just everything. The songs are pure genious, the lyrics better than anything else they have written, great artwork etc. But what really makes this album stand out for me is the mood. I don't know how to describe it accurately, but maybe it's a bit dark, smoky, melancholic or something in those lines. That is also why I like These Days even though the songs are nothing like on 7800. I also love the production of 7800. It has a really raw sound and especially Tico's drums sound so deep and powerful. Plus his playing is really different than on any other BJ album. Lots of creativity and imagination in his beats, fills and accents. Not that his playing would ever suck, though ;) On 7800 it's just so much better.

The only BJ albums that I can listen to forever without getting fed up are 7800 and Jersey. Even Slippery gets boring quite fast with continuous listening but not 7800 or Jersey...

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that there IS one thing I dislike - no make that HATE - about 7800 and it is the horrible annoying intro of Tokyo Road. I just can't stand it...!

It's my joint favourite along with Bounce.

Crushgen24/88 07-08-2008 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alec As Such (Post 859821)

It's funny how different people can have such different opinions.
7800* is my least liked Jovi record, but I love everything about Tokyo Road, including the intro. LOL

KeepTheFaith2211 07-08-2008 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 859830)
It's funny how different people can have such different opinions.
7800* is my least liked Jovi record, but I love everything about Tokyo Road, including the intro. LOL

Tokyo Road is amazing. And I don't mind the intro. That might have something to do with the fact that I love everything(everything) about Japan.