Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   U2 and Green Day at New Orleans (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=37314)

Neurotica80 09-27-2006 11:05 PM

U2 and Green Day at New Orleans

Fantastic performance this one

Yvonne 09-27-2006 11:12 PM

its being released november i think

DevilsSon 09-27-2006 11:28 PM

That Billy Joe guy is one of teh crappiest singesr I have ever heard. Someone should forbid him to sing.

yomamasofat 09-28-2006 12:08 AM

What did the Goo Goo Dolls play? Anyone got the complete setlist?

Becky 09-28-2006 03:31 AM

I can't help but wonder how rebuilding a football stadium was a higher piority than rebuilding thousands of homes and schools. :rolleyes:

Kathleen 09-28-2006 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky
I can't help but wonder how rebuilding a football stadium was a higher piority than rebuilding thousands of homes and schools. :rolleyes:

Can I say Amen to that? How about right on.

Kathleen

spunkywho 09-28-2006 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon
That Billy Joe guy is one of teh crappiest singesr I have ever heard. Someone should forbid him to sing.

Hush you!!!!

Billy Joe is freaking AMAZING - nothing crappy about that guy. As my hero said: ''one doesn't need to be a good singer to be an exceptional frontman" Amen to that!

Two guys I'd marry on the spot - no questions asked: Billy Joe and Marshall Mathers

DevilsSon 09-28-2006 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spunkywho
Hush you!!!!

Billy Joe is freaking AMAZING - nothing crappy about that guy. As my hero said: ''one doesn't need to be a good singer to be an exceptional frontman" Amen to that!

Two guys I'd marry on the spot - no questions asked: Billy Joe and Marshall Mathers

I only watched that Bullet in a Bible DVD - i think it was a show in Milton Keynes. That was already a pain to watch but I gave it a shot (nice wording :P). Billy Joe sucks as a singer and as a frontman. Besides, if you are a crappy singer you can't be a good frontman.

Captain Walrus 09-28-2006 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky

Its a symbol, isn't it, a morale booster. People respond well to big overthe top stuff .... to give a slightly morbid example, thousands of people die all over the world every day, but it takes someone flying planes into towers or a hurricane wiping out vast areas to make people spit out their coffee. In this case, the people need a symbol of hope, and I can't see thousands of homes and schools being built giving them that symbol ... course, they're important too, which is why they are being rebuilt at the same time

aph01 09-28-2006 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvonne
its being released november i think

Cool, were did you find that out?

Becky 09-28-2006 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus
Its a symbol, isn't it, a morale booster. People respond well to big overthe top stuff .... to give a slightly morbid example, thousands of people die all over the world every day, but it takes someone flying planes into towers or a hurricane wiping out vast areas to make people spit out their coffee. In this case, the people need a symbol of hope, and I can't see thousands of homes and schools being built giving them that symbol ... course, they're important too, which is why they are being rebuilt at the same time

Yeah, I'm sure it's really symbolic. I mean, hell, if I didn't have a roof over my head and my kids didn't have a school to go to, I'm sure I'd take a lot of joy in knowing that at least the local football team could play "at home" now.

It's MORONIC and another example of the foolishness of the people running that city. Do you really think that people without homes care about a sport? See Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.

All rebuilding that stadium accomplishes is making some people on the outside think that things are really getting back to normal. For the people still without homes, no place to work, and no schools for their kids, it's got to be like someone spitting right in their faces.

jovigirl33 09-28-2006 04:26 PM

Thanks for posting that link Neurotica I missed it.

Thierry 09-28-2006 04:42 PM

This was simply horrible. I do really like U2. But the nasal voice of the singer of Greenday, bah!

spunkywho 09-28-2006 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon
I only watched that Bullet in a Bible DVD - i think it was a show in Milton Keynes. That was already a pain to watch but I gave it a shot (nice wording :P). Billy Joe sucks as a singer and as a frontman.

Maybe you should go to a show and I can guarantee you'll change your mind. I have yet to watch any DVD and think ''amazing'' solely in the on screen performance and vocals often suck that way. Billy Joe is in a league of his own as a frontman - go see them and you too will be amazed.

Quote:

Besides, if you are a crappy singer you can't be a good frontman .
Yep, definitely can. One has nothing to do with the other. Not saying that it isn't a plus if one can sing, but we have oodles of stunning singers that are worth shit as performers and tons of guys that have a hard time putting a melody together, yet their charisma and stage attitude puts them over the top as frontmen. Think about it.

Alex 09-30-2006 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spunkywho

:S I'm with you on Billy Joe, but Eminem?????