Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Official November 26 Tokyo Dome, Tokyo, Japan Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70455)

BJFan99 11-26-2018 03:34 PM

I'm still laughing at the high note on KTF :D Jon tries to hit the C#5, but yells an uncontrolled D5 in its place - reminds me of that Wild In The Streets performance at Prudential 2007... remember how he butchered the "this is my HOAAAMETOOOAAAAN"? Can't find it on YT anymore.

james_d 11-26-2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1247953)
I'm still laughing at the high note on KTF :D Jon tries to hit the C#5, but yells an uncontrolled D5 in its place - reminds me of that Wild In The Streets performance at Prudential 2007... remember how he butchered the "this is my HOAAAMETOOOAAAAN"? Can't find it on YT anymore.

Who'd of though Jon would go sharp on a high note in 2018 lol

symbeline 11-26-2018 04:29 PM

Had to listen to the whole show (kid was home recovering from a stomach bug, bored as hell, and she caught me watching snippets while trying to work and/or block her voice) and didn't see anything that would compel me to watch anything more than a few decent one-off performances from this leg.

It's honestly as good or as bad as the handful of decent shows from the last 2 years. Vocals are not horrible but still too patchy to be listenable for 2+ hours, THINFS songs sound slow and boring, rest of the songs ranged from "decent for today's standards" to "oh gosh will this drag on forever?", Jon is glued to the mic 80% of the show (and sounds worse than when he moves).

Same old. The only change I noticed this time is that for some reason Phil's playing annoyed me. I don't usually pay lots of attention to him except to cringe when he butchers my favorite solos but he's either sounded off for a while or there was something up with the sound this time.

Kid said that she wouldn't want to go to a show (thankfully!!). Her final verdict was "it's OK but it's not very good". The fact that I had to sit through 90% of songs I don't want to hear live again in the comfort of my own living room and still wished I could skip them all says all that needs to be said.

jovifan93 11-26-2018 04:43 PM

Actually, I find it better if he skips the acoustic completely (as we have been demanding in 2013 IIRC ;-)), than if he plays it and then stops playing it in the middle of the song when he (thinks he) needs to concentrate in order to hit the notes. I wouldn't read too much into it in terms of his voice being in a bad shape or something, maybe he just realized it's easier only having to concentrate on singing as best as he can. After all, they already got two guitarists...

And the jumping that's been mentioned - he's been doing that for years, I think it's because he doesn't want to look all static, but maybe it's indeed to relax some muscles, who knows, but I wouldn't read too much into that either...

jovifan93 11-26-2018 04:46 PM

Raise Your Hands:

jovifan93 11-26-2018 04:53 PM

Wanted

Thinny 11-26-2018 05:04 PM

Sorry, but I hear no improvement there at all. Wanted was awful even by some recent standards...

jovifan93 11-26-2018 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1247959)
Sorry, but I hear no improvement there at all. Wanted was awful even by some recent standards...

He struggled mightily towards the end, yes, but the beginning definitely was an improvement. Not enough for the whole song/show though :-( Will be interesting to hear how he sounds on tomorrow's show...

Zakatar 11-26-2018 05:23 PM

Better setlist than I was expecting, and Jon's voice and energy both seem to have improved slightly since the last show, though the voice is still not very good (though he sounded surprisingly good in some places, such as the adlibs at the end of Blood on Blood which I'm pretty sure he hasn't attempted since the LH tour). Not sure how I feel about Born to Follow opening the encore though, reminds me of when they opened the encore with BWC at some of the 2017 North American shows. Seeing as they had some great audibles, I wish they had've picked These Days or Dry County as the opener instead. I love that Amen and We Got it Going on were not played though, just wish the same would happen to Whole Lot of Boring-I mean Leavin' already. Here's hoping they make some decent changes to the set for tomorrow's show!

YOVANAfromPeru 11-26-2018 05:25 PM

Hopefully JBJ keeps We Don't Run and forget We got it going on before Keep The Faith!!!! please >_<