Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   If I Can't Have Your Love (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=42676)

Last_Man_Standing 09-26-2007 02:05 AM

If I Can't Have Your Love

Anyone know why this didn't make Stranger? Or, for that matter, why it wasn't the single? I know it isn't all that si.milar in sound to the rest of the album, but I think it had huge hit potential, and a change up from the guitar led blues rock wouldn't have hurt the album. What a great song, either way.

† ÀžžÀ † 09-26-2007 02:20 PM

It is a really nice tune but I just don't think it fitted the style of Stranger. Mind you WGIGO doesn't fit Lost Highway in my opinion but still made it onto the disc.

TheseDays2005 09-27-2007 03:35 AM

It didn't went on stranger cause Richie chose not to

Jonny Sambora 09-27-2007 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDays2005 (Post 773717)
It didn't went on stranger cause Richie chose not to

Really???!!!! That thought never crossed my mind!! ;)

bratlugs 09-27-2007 11:24 PM

I have a live version of it that's quite different. It's out there somewhere. Richie with his band.....

Neurotica80 09-28-2007 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bratlugs (Post 773857)
I have a live version of it that's quite different. It's out there somewhere. Richie with his band.....

Do you know which show it was from??? I'd love to hear that didnt think it was heard of until the boxset

TheseDays2005 09-28-2007 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny Sambora (Post 773843)
Really???!!!! That thought never crossed my mind!! ;)

There you go m8. And just that you know, this goes for all b-sides/demos, only for most Jon was the nitwit :wink:

jeb865 09-28-2007 05:21 PM

Back in the Old Old days of Napster I was able to find a Very bady quality demo of the song from the Stranger sessions. It's a lot different than the version that is on the boxed set. It's a full band demo. I haven't listened to it in a long time but I remember it being very similar to One Light Burning as far as the use of Guitars, Drums, Synth, Etc. That may be the reason why Richie chose not to put it in the album.

Thierry 09-28-2007 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80 (Post 773866)
Do you know which show it was from??? I'd love to hear that didnt think it was heard of until the boxset

It was, it's on a bootleg, with the rest of the demos of Stranger In This Town.

Jonny Sambora 09-29-2007 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeb865 (Post 773994)
Back in the Old Old days of Napster I was able to find a Very bady quality demo of the song from the Stranger sessions. It's a lot different than the version that is on the boxed set. It's a full band demo. I haven't listened to it in a long time but I remember it being very similar to One Light Burning as far as the use of Guitars, Drums, Synth, Etc. That may be the reason why Richie chose not to put it in the album.

i have that version, its pretty different from the box set version.