Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Def Leppard - Mirrorball (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=52835)

Dave 1986 04-14-2011 05:43 PM

Def Leppard - Mirrorball

Def Leppard are releaseing their first ever LIVE ALBUM in June 3rd. It will be a 2CD+DVD set. The 2 CD's will contain live recordings from their 2007/8/9 tours plus 3 brand new studio songs, while the DVD will incude live performances and backstage footage.

http://www.defleppard.com

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Mirrorball.jpg

Track list

Disc 1:
1. Rock! Rock! (Till You Drop)
2. Rocket
3. Animal
4. C'Mon C'Mon
5. Make Love Like A Man
6. Too Late For Love
7. Foolin'
8. Nine Lives
9. Love Bites
10. Rock On

Disc 2:
1. Two Steps Behind
2. Bringin' On The Heartbreak
3. Switch 625
4. Hysteria
5. Armageddon It
6. Photograph
7. Pour Some Sugar On Me
8. Rock Of Ages
9. Let's Get Rocked
10. Action
11. Bad Actress
12. Undefeated (New Song)
13. Kings Of The World (New Song)
14. It's All About Believin' (New Song)

The new single "Undefeated" is streaming on their official website.

Javier 04-14-2011 07:14 PM

sounds good!! I like the new single, sounds better than the entire last album. Any word on the tracklist for the DVD???

EDIT: just realized, this sounds like what "One Wild Night" should/could have been 10 years ago.... sigh. :?

Bleeding Purist 04-15-2011 12:27 AM

Thanks for the tracklist. Nothing earth shattering, though Bad Actress is a bit of a surprise. I had figured Mirror Mirror would be a given. I was hoping they'd move on and forget about Nine Lives.

Listened to the new track. To be honest, it left me very cold.

yomamasofat 04-15-2011 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1046509)
sounds good!! I like the new single, sounds better than the entire last album. Any word on the tracklist for the DVD???

EDIT: just realized, this sounds like what "One Wild Night" should/could have been 10 years ago.... sigh. :?

It looks better than OWN, but I think given the fact that they have had 11 albums, it is a bit short - they should've included more live songs.

The new song Undefeated is pretty good. Hope the other 2 songs are as good or even better.

yomamasofat 04-15-2011 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1046509)

Oh, the DVD, it's a rip off. Not a full show.

SexxAtraxxion 04-15-2011 06:46 AM

It sounds like shit.

I wonder what's their reaction when they listen to their 1980-1983 material.

Best regards,
the Sexx

Bleeding Purist 04-15-2011 08:55 AM

Now that I'm home and have time to really go over it, it sucks that they put three songs from Sparkle Lounge, none from On Through the Night (not such a big deal since they have understandably barely touched it since the Pyromania tour,) none from Slang, none from Euphoria, and none from X.

Get rid of Nine Lives, replace it with the bigger/better known (and as far as I'm concerned.. better all around) Promises. I like that they have Bad Actress because it is unexpected, but "Now" really should be there instead.

Thinking back, the X tour really was the time to have done this album. They covered the bases as far as all albums up to that point through the course of the tour. Hopefully the live versions sound great and propel the album as opposed to sounding tired and uninspired. I am looking forward to having a live version of that arrangement of Rocket at least.

Dave 1986 04-15-2011 02:10 PM

Haven't really paid much attention to the track list untill now but I agree with all points given. On Through The Night, the band have pretty much openly disowned so there's no surprises there, and anything from Slang and X would have been pushing our luck a bit, sadly to say. Promises could have easily found a place on there though. I know it was played on the Yeah! tour in 2006. I suppose being their very first "stand-alone" live album they have to iron out the fan favourites, presumably, for the sake of the casual fans and their very recent resergence in popularity.

I do like the new single though.

yomamasofat 04-15-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 1046552)

Thinking back, the X tour really was the time to have done this album. They covered the bases as far as all albums up to that point through the course of the tour. Hopefully the live versions sound great and propel the album as opposed to sounding tired and uninspired. I am looking forward to having a live version of that arrangement of Rocket at least.

Totally agree with this.

Savvi 04-20-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 1046552)
Get rid of Nine Lives, replace it with the bigger/better known (and as far as I'm concerned.. better all around) Promises.

Just wanted to add my sentiments that Promises is a brilliant song. Very under rated IMO. But at the same time I quite like Nine Lives too.

As for Bad Actress, I thought it was one of the better songs from Sparkle Lounge.

I heard the live version of Rocket from Mirrorball on that online rock radio, and really, they shouldve released a live album when Joe's vocals were better.

Still, gotta love the Leps.