Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Jon's shot voice (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70053)

jovifan85 07-01-2023 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1285418)
While it's possible that he had a stroke (I mean, sure, why not) - his voice has been declining for decades. Would a stroke really be the most logical explanation at this point?

Jon did an interview somewhere that he said his voice can't be repaired, that someone said on here.

I wish someone could find the interview and post it on Twitter, so fans stop hoping for something which isn't going to happen....Unless a miracle happens ( trust me we all want it to happen)

jovifan85 07-01-2023 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan85 (Post 1285424)
Jon did an interview somewhere that he said his voice can't be repaired, that someone said on here.

I wish someone could find the interview and post it on Twitter, so fans stop hoping for something which isn't going to happen....Unless a miracle happens ( trust me we all want it to happen)

Jon and Matt can help the situation by saying what the situation is.

a) His voice is what it is. I think he alluded to this by not doing another SWW. ( At 61 I don't expect even if his voice was in top shape.
b) It will get worse.

Fans then can decide to just buy the Albums, and wait for the farewell Tour, unlike the 2022 America Tour where no communication happened.

Pretending all is well. Even on DOA in 2022 Tour he struggled, then said don't worry about that ( his voice) we should because it's the fans hard money he is taking, and he knows what's going on. Just be honest with us.

Captain_jovi 07-01-2023 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.J. Always (Post 1285420)
Did he try to mask anything on 2020? If so, that was a big fail. The only song I can stand to listen to is Limitless. That being said I don't understand why Limitless was O.K. to me vocally and the rest of the album was not?

The tracks had varying levels of autocorrection and compression. It makes perfect sense Limitless had the most of it since it was the first single and the song (they assumed) the majority of the people will hear the most. Let It Rain feels like the least processed of them.

The album has a fairly stripped back feel and you can tell that's the direction they were going in before Limitless and Do What You Can came along, both are processed out the wazoo in every way.

Adam D 07-03-2023 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1285426)
The tracks had varying levels of autocorrection and compression. It makes perfect sense Limitless had the most of it since it was the first single and the song (they assumed) the majority of the people will hear the most. Let It Rain feels like the least processed of them.

The album has a fairly stripped back feel and you can tell that's the direction they were going in before Limitless and Do What You Can came along, both are processed out the wazoo in every way.

Did you mean Limitless and Beautiful Drug?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 07-03-2023 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam D (Post 1285431)
Did you mean Limitless and Beautiful Drug?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Nah, I have a strange theory about Limitless. I don't think it's ever been said it was added last minute buuuut to me it's so by the numbers and vocally processed a little harder because it's a single. In theme and vibe it just doesn't fit on the album.

BD for sure has that digital rasp too.

Jack27 08-21-2023 01:29 PM

You know what, and this is even more depressing in lots of ways - I was just on YouTube and saw that video of Jon singing Prayer at the wedding with that awful wedding singer...and my first thought was "he doesn't sound as bad as I remember" - but it just shows how far downhill his vocal ability went and so quickly!

BJFan99 09-01-2023 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack27 (Post 1285707)
You know what, and this is even more depressing in lots of ways - I was just on YouTube and saw that video of Jon singing Prayer at the wedding with that awful wedding singer...and my first thought was "he doesn't sound as bad as I remember" - but it just shows how far downhill his vocal ability went and so quickly!

I listened to the full bootleg from Dublin 2019 night #2 on Dominik's YT channel the other day, and Jon sounded NOWHERE NEAR as bad as last year. He sounded really rough especially on the mid-range songs (e.g. Born To Follow, Captain Crash), but compared to today it was very decent, sadly...