Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Jon's shot voice (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70053)

Alphavictim 08-21-2017 02:58 PM

There's been more than just one occasion on which Steven Tyler was accused of using backing tapes, too. One in particular I can think of dates back to the 90s, when a German band stated that Tyler was running in front of the amps with the mic open and not a single interference from that.

Kova 08-21-2017 04:13 PM

Not talking about backing tapes, they both used them occasionally. I'm also not hating on Jon, I think he is trying really hard with this current condition.

I'm just comparing how much he declined over the years vs Tyler regarding the voice.

Yes we are not doctors - but I sincerely doubt he went to see a doctor about his vocal chords.

And Tyler is still a rock presence on a stage, Jon doesn't even look like a rock star when up there anymore. I know he's not gonna 'paint his nails black and have 'bitch' sign on his belt', but if he at least put on his Captain America jacket on, it would already improve his presence even though he doesn't move away from the mic stand - but that's another discussion.

Captain_jovi 08-21-2017 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kova (Post 1226999)

Yes we are not doctors - but I sincerely doubt he went to see a doctor about his vocal chords.

Back up that theory, based on what makes you think he doesn't care enough about his voice to see a doctor?

Kova 08-21-2017 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1227001)
Back up that theory, based on what makes you think he doesn't care enough about his voice to see a doctor?

Because medicine is very very advanced this day and age. We would have seen improvements or at least hear some whispers about it, like we hear about everything else in today's world.

But that's my opinion.

Alphavictim 08-21-2017 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kova (Post 1226999)
Not talking about backing tapes, they both used them occasionally.

What? Outside of the canned vocals for Prayer, when did the band using taped vocals outside of TV appearances?

bonjovi90 08-22-2017 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1227023)
What? Outside of the canned vocals for Prayer, when did the band using taped vocals outside of TV appearances?

In These Arms, back in 1993.

Captain_jovi 08-22-2017 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1227023)

Hasn't It's My Life always had taped backing vocals?

Walleris 08-22-2017 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1227026)
Hasn't It's My Life always had taped backing vocals?

He's talking about lead vocal parts, not backing vocals (which most bands playback at least on some songs, sadly).

Kova 08-22-2017 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1227043)
He's talking about lead vocal parts, not backing vocals (which most bands playback at least on some songs, sadly).

This is really out of topic now. Not important for the discussion. We are talking about Jon's voice. And I compared his decline with Steven Tyler's decline which is so much less.

Eveline 09-03-2017 05:48 PM

I've read quite a few stories about singers who lost their singing voices when dealt with stressful situations like a divorce. Found this article while browsing the Net:

http://www.britishvoiceassociation.o...tion-voice.htm

When we perceive something as threatening or upsetting the body reacts rapidly, preparing for action and producing physical changes that we are all familiar with. These may include:

Increased muscle tension
Increased heart and breathing rates
Perceived changes in temperature with shivering or sweating
Tremor
Dry mouth and throat

Common physical signs of distress include:

Gut problems: (e.g. acid reflux and irritable bowel syndrome)
Skin problems: (e.g. eczema /psoriasis)
Back, neck or other muscle pain (including laryngeal pain)
Breathing difficulties: (e.g. over-breathing panic attacks, a trigger for attacks in some asthmatics)
Hoarseness (dysphonia) or complete voice loss/whisper (aphonia)

Well, some of you observed that Jon has breathing problems and drinks a lot on stage. That would fit some of the signs at least...