Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

TheseDaysEra 10-18-2019 03:27 AM

man... that new song. SO cringeworthy.

BonJovi100 10-18-2019 08:21 AM

Personally, I think it is a conceptual song. Classical music is often used as part of therapy. Jon probably used this type of music during his therapies conducted by Lou Cox. For the workshop Jon took the subject PTSD (post-traumatic stress) so ... A song on this subject ideally fits a melody similar to a classic composition. People who hit this trailer will catch it immediately and they won't even know why. It also evokes positive emotions. This is one of the pieces targeted at a specific audience.

From our perspective, the use of such a melody can be cynical etc., but I can imagine that it will be for Jon one of the most important songs in his career because of the personal emotional charge that it carries.

There is nothing to tell about the fact that many hits use themes from classical music, because it is obvious as well as the existence of 4 chord songs.

Dicanio 10-18-2019 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJovi100 (Post 1259416)
Personally, I think it is a conceptual song. Classical music is often used as part of therapy. Jon probably used this type of music during his therapies conducted by Lou Cox. For the workshop Jon took the subject PTSD (post-traumatic stress) so ... A song on this subject ideally fits a melody similar to a classic composition. People who hit this trailer will catch it immediately and they won't even know why. It also evokes positive emotions. This is one of the pieces targeted at a specific audience.

From our perspective, the use of such a melody can be cynical etc., but I can imagine that it will be for Jon one of the most important songs in his career because of the personal emotional charge that it carries.

There is nothing to tell about the fact that many hits use themes from classical music, because it is obvious as well as the existence of 4 chord songs.

Are we still talking about a rock band these days or not?

bonjovi90 10-18-2019 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicanio (Post 1259418)
Are we still talking about a rock band these days or not?

We haven't really been talking about a rock band for a decade now ;)

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

SadieLady 10-18-2019 08:10 PM

One of the things that shocks me about the current band status and Jon's voice is that I no longer even enjoy listening to the old music. It is a painful reminder of what once was. I hadn't expected that.

Rdkopper 10-19-2019 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SadieLady (Post 1259423)
One of the things that shocks me about the current band status and Jon's voice is that I no longer even enjoy listening to the old music. It is a painful reminder of what once was. I hadn't expected that.

I actually get what you're saying... Jon's voice really just went suddenly and it's truly been unlistenable for around 3 to 4 years now. Along with his old grey look, I feel that everything prior to WAN is just something that will never return... In turn it just makes me feel old and sad that that rock star I grew up with as a kid is gone forever.

I also can't take his ultra left winged attitude anymore... It's way over the top and ruining him as an individual...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Supersonic 10-19-2019 05:30 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJovi100 (Post 1259416)

This sounds like it's written by someone who knows nothing about music and does nothing about assumptions as to how things work both in the business and when writing music. Going from stealing melody lines to saying "others do it too" and consequently bringing up 4 chord songs as an example of that shows quite well how the basic understanding of how (and why?) music is composed is completely lost on you.

To assume Jon's nicked the melody of Beethoven's symphony because it directly relates to the subject of the song is ridiculous considering Jon's done nothing but stealing from others in the past 20 years of his career. I thought the Top Gun reference was more on target, clearly showing the amount of cheese and predictability in his music nowadays. Jon's music hasn't been personal in a long, long time, no matter what bullshit he spouts off in interviews.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Roll 10-19-2019 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1259426)
I also can't take his ultra left winged attitude anymore... It's way over the top and ruining him as an individual...

Nothing less than an ultra left winged attitude ? Wow. Just like the US never existed before Ronald Reagan.

james_d 10-19-2019 10:22 AM

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

He may be a democrat but there is no possible way jbj is far left. He's literally said in interviews that he's socially Liberal but more Conservative economically. Bernie he is not.

Supersonic 10-19-2019 11:08 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_d (Post 1259429)
He may be a democrat but there is no possible way jbj is far left. He's literally said in interviews that he's socially Liberal but more Conservative economically. Bernie he is not.

To a Trump supporter everything else other than Trump means you're far left.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan