Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Which show would you go on the Jersey tour? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70681)

Johny 02-17-2020 10:46 PM

Which show would you go on the Jersey tour?

30 years ago the legendary Jersey Syndicate Tour finished with a double show in Guadaljara.
Even though the setlists were quite predictable and got shorter in the fall of 1989 because of exhaustion. It's also wrongly remembered by some fans as the one when Jon shot his voice and needed steroid injections or what, which is not true. He may have sounded hoarse on some nights but his voice survived quite fine compared to what happened to it on SWW tour. Actually he may have got some injections to keep his voice going but I doubt it.
It's my favorite era of this band, the times when they really were the best band in the world and showed their musicianship, took the best of the 1980s and made it their own.

So the question to discuss ;) If you had a time machine and could travel to one and only one show of that tour, which one would it be? The very first one in Dublin, or any of the New Year's Eve shows in Japan? Or Philly or San Diego 1989, or rather their phenomenal homecoming to the Giants Stadium in June 1989? Maybe the Moscow Music Peace Festival or Milton Keynes in August which was supposed to substitute for cancelled Castle Donnington festival. The European shows from the very end 1989 are also worth visiting, Rotterdam comes to mind.. or rather Australia? Some might prefer London and the incredible show on January 4 or would you rather wait six days to witness the supermegalegendary Hammersmith Odeon show? Or the very last show? There may be some fans who would rather wait for Xmas shows from the end of 1990 or the brief Japanese tour with amazing setlist which are all also counted to the Jersey era but then today wouldn be the anniversary of the end of the tour :D

I honestly don't know :D I need to think about it.

EDIT: Let's skip Hammersmith Odeon show and everything after Feb 17, 1990.

bonjovi90 02-17-2020 11:22 PM

I'd take Hammersmith out of competition since it would
a. win by a landslide
b. not really count as an official tour show.

Of course, I would've wanted to see this, but I'd take this as a bonus travel.

I'd probably travel to one of the Australian shows like the one with the unbelievable Living In Sin (so many ad-libs that the first verse started close to 6 minutes into the song) and the premiere of Cadillac Man in Melbourne or the one in Sydney with 99 In The Shade, Wild Is The Wind and that insane energy for the entire night.

P.S.: I'd actually love to have a recording of the final shows in Guadalajara since Jon and the band later on (sometime during the KTF promo) all said that they got excessively drunk, yet (or maybe due to that) these were some of their greatest show on that tour.

Xavi 02-18-2020 12:31 PM

Hammersmith Odeon 1990,of course.

Johny 02-18-2020 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1261578)
I'd take Hammersmith out of competition since it would
a. win by a landslide
b. not really count as an official tour show.

Of course, I would've wanted to see this, but I'd take this as a bonus travel.

Good idea. I've edited the first post.

So no Hammersmith or everything after Feb 17, 1990, please ;)

Kathleen 02-18-2020 08:33 PM

I would probably go for The Moscow Peace Festival. The night one version of Blood on Blood is my all time favorite.

ksanova 02-18-2020 10:25 PM

Giants Stadium 11/06/1989 hope someday they released the video.

Kevs 03-18-2020 06:09 PM

For me it would be the opening nights in Dublin.I was only 12 and my folks would not let me go, my friend went. When they came back around in 1990 I went.

bonjovi90 03-18-2020 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevs (Post 1262387)
For me it would be the opening nights in Dublin.I was only 12 and my folks would not let me go, my friend went. When they came back around in 1990 I went.

Given how much the band hated the first night, at least according to the Access All Areas video, I wouldn't be surprised if they just trashed any recording of it right afterwards :mrgreen:

Johny 03-19-2020 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevs (Post 1262387)

I was listening to this show today! It might be my favourite show of the tour, the energy is insane, the crowd is so loud, you can hear the people singing over Jon in veses of Living In Sin!!! I don't know where they had recharged but the Wembley 1990 were amazing, Dublin three days after maybe even better and we don't need to talk about the show after another three days.

Kevs 03-19-2020 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1262393)
Given how much the band hated the first night, at least according to the Access All Areas video, I wouldn't be surprised if they just trashed any recording of it right afterwards :mrgreen:

I know but those were the good times( mostly). If I had been allowed perhaps I would not have grown so attached to their music