Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Last band/artist you've bought a ticket to see... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=37630)

Captain Walrus 05-02-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeExcellent (Post 918741)
Green Day in Birmingham

Thank God for that two ticket limit - impossible to connect at 10am this morning, was surprised there were any standing left when I got through. Also stops me putting four tickets on my card.

I didn't manage to get standing, despite the fact I was on Ticketmaster from 9:50 refreshing the page constantly. And Seetickets didn't work at all for me

BeExcellent 05-02-2009 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Walrus (Post 918948)
I didn't manage to get standing, despite the fact I was on Ticketmaster from 9:50 refreshing the page constantly. And Seetickets didn't work at all for me

I always find Ticketmaster are the first to sell out of good tickets. I only really use them if its a presale. It took me forever to get through to See, but they had standing when I did (and some popped up today aswell). I had two in my basket from the NEC box office, but the tickets timed out (10:00 minutes!) before it would connect me to the checkout page.

asok80 05-04-2009 10:14 AM

Not a musical artist BUT Eddie Izzard is coming to Gothenburg! Yay.
Missed out on tix last time he was here (5 years ago) but this time I got tix through the pre-sale!

Captain Walrus 05-10-2009 01:43 PM

PEARL JAM!!! Only problem is I wasn't able to get London tickets, so I'm going to have to travel all the way to Manchester to see them, but who cares, its Pearl Jam! :D :D :D

RyanBounce04 05-10-2009 04:27 PM

Although I haven't gotten them yet... CREED is coming to Tulsa in October and I'll be there!

Ryan

slippery89 05-12-2009 09:35 PM

Bruuuuuuuuce Sprinsgteen for tonight!!!!

Crushgen24/88 05-22-2009 09:33 AM

Green Day at MSG July 28 (that's after seeing them last Tuesday at Webster Hall)
I'm also going to see Fall Out Boy on the Today Show in like 2 hours.

Yvonne 05-22-2009 11:14 AM

Britney Spears wooooooooooooooooooo!

Thierry 05-22-2009 01:22 PM

The Offspring :).

KeepTheFaith2211 05-22-2009 10:31 PM

Black Stone Cherry - Newcastle O2 Academy :D

Alice Cooper just announced he's coming to Newcastle in November, so I will be going there! :D

Goldsausage 05-22-2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 922058)
Alice Cooper just announced he's coming to Newcastle in November, so I will be going there! :D

God dammit, no way? This puts me in a pickle. Anymore UK dates announced? And when do tickets go on sale?

hometownboy 05-23-2009 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage (Post 922064)
God dammit, no way? This puts me in a pickle. Anymore UK dates announced? And when do tickets go on sale?

tickets on sale next friday, tour dates are:

Manchester TUE 24/11/2009
Glasgow WED 25/11/2009
Sheffield SAT 28/11/2009
Wolverhampton TUE 01/12/2009
Plymouth WED 02/12/2009
Nottingham FRI 04/12/2009
Brighton SAT 05/12/2009

btw, i entered a competition to win A-ha tickets today haha :p

RockThunder 05-23-2009 06:46 PM

Are there any of you going to Download this year? You lucky english people, that festival line up is amazing

Captain Walrus 05-23-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockThunder (Post 922120)
Are there any of you going to Download this year? You lucky english people, that festival line up is amazing

I am :D

.....

BeExcellent 05-25-2009 03:59 PM

Skin
The Penguin Cafe Orchestra
Magazine

Chica Guacamole 05-25-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometownboy (Post 922079)
tickets on sale next friday, tour dates are:

Manchester TUE 24/11/2009
Glasgow WED 25/11/2009
Sheffield SAT 28/11/2009
Wolverhampton TUE 01/12/2009
Plymouth WED 02/12/2009
Nottingham FRI 04/12/2009
Brighton SAT 05/12/2009

btw, i entered a competition to win A-ha tickets today haha :p

Hmm....Glasgow may be a possibility for me :)

hometownboy 05-29-2009 10:03 AM

Just bought Alice Cooper tickets for fathers day :p
and now im off back to bed!

Goldsausage 05-29-2009 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometownboy (Post 923195)
Just bought Alice Cooper tickets for fathers day :p
and now im off back to bed!

I KEEP GETTING A GA TICKET IN NEWCASTLE :mad:

It's like nowhere near the frickin' front and I got on dead at 9!

mo_rizwan 05-29-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage (Post 923198)
I KEEP GETTING A GA TICKET IN NEWCASTLE :mad:

It's like nowhere near the frickin' front and I got on dead at 9!

Same thing happened to me with U2's Wembley ticket.

Now I'm considering selling it for another Jacko ticket :mrgreen:

milomom 06-01-2009 06:52 PM

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuce! The final shows at old Giants Stadium. :cool:

Kathleen 06-01-2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 923682)
Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuce! The final shows at old Giants Stadium. :cool:

Yeah - and they sure don't make it easy :( I've talked to lots of people who got shut out - especially on the last night.

milomom 06-01-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 923685)
Yeah - and they sure don't make it easy :( I've talked to lots of people who got shut out - especially on the last night.

It is so true. We're going to be very glad that we got what we did, Kathleen!

Jennifer_Always 06-01-2009 07:31 PM

Ticket for W.A.S.P!!!

It's gonna be hot on 1st July :D

hometownboy 06-02-2009 01:49 PM

i won some A-ha tickets :D

Who Dares Rocks 06-02-2009 04:05 PM

Hum...It's gonna be W.A.S.P. in Switzerland the 1st July, too !

:cool:

Kathleen 06-08-2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Who Dares Rocks (Post 923858)
Hum...It's gonna be W.A.S.P. in Switzerland the 1st July, too !

:cool:

More Bruce tickets for added dates at Giants - and a pile of local summer Southside Johnny concerts.

milomom 06-08-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 924852)
More Bruce tickets for added dates at Giants - and a pile of local summer Southside Johnny concerts.

And thanks to some help from my friends, I've got more Bruce tickets, too. :cool:

Chica Guacamole 06-12-2009 10:31 PM

Paolo Nutini in Dundee, in October :)

I know heaps of people hate him for being a smug wee prat, but I love his music and voice. So there :p

Miracle 06-13-2009 05:57 AM

Festival show featuring Our Lady Peace, Hedley, Blue Rodeo and Theory of a Deadman. Not too shabby for only $50 :D

Panda 06-13-2009 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miracle (Post 925723)
Festival show featuring Our Lady Peace, Hedley, Blue Rodeo and Theory of a Deadman. Not too shabby for only $50 :D

Wow.... The only band that completely ruins this good lineup is Hedley..... They opened for Bon Jovi for me in December.... ****ing lamest excuse for an opener.... theyre like pop with a little bit of rock. But I ****ING love Theory Of A Deadman........ anyway, Im done my rant.

Just got back from 'The Offspring' concert. I was expecting a complete flop, but I was extremely suprised... The lead singer did a piano ballad version of 'Gone Away' by himself, which was a really nice suprise. I was glad that the offspring weren't all 'Pretty Fly For A White Guy'... they actually have some decent songs IMO.... But anyway that was probably more of the after concert hype, as I really don't care for there studio tracks (Except Gone Away or Seld Esteem). But live.... Damn, theyre good.

Crushgen24/88 06-16-2009 01:44 AM

Apparently, I'm going to see the Wallflowers on July 6 in NYC.

Kathleen 06-16-2009 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 926195)
Apparently, I'm going to see the Wallflowers on July 6 in NYC.

I saw them at MSG in 2000 (I think) with The Who. They didn't make want to buy another ticket that's for sure.

*THE BONJOVIOLOGIST* 06-19-2009 12:53 AM

lol...mine was to see Bon Jovi last year at Denver... my parents say there is no other concert worth wastin your money on... so yea...

Ferret 06-19-2009 01:13 AM

I'm going to both nights of Hyde Park Calling. Neil Young and Bruce Springsteen. Fucking ecstatic.

milomom 06-23-2009 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferret (Post 926724)
I'm going to both nights of Hyde Park Calling. Neil Young and Bruce Springsteen. Fucking ecstatic.

OUTSTANDING!

I bought a ticket over the weekend to see Chickenfoot in August. :D

Kathleen 06-23-2009 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 927310)
OUTSTANDING!

I bought a ticket over the weekend to see Chickenfoot in August. :D

Great Terri - I'm going in August too. We can compare notes LOL

jess 06-23-2009 09:37 AM

Reading all that makes me jealous. I can't tell you what was the last concert i went to :x and when it was .........

Recently a friend of a friend lol told me she saw Lenny Kravitz not too far from where we live, 1 hour and a half ... I didn't know !! you can't imagine, even just Lenny would have been great !!! even .... i don't know ...Avril Lavigne :o lol (well maybe not) but i NEED a good concert !!!!!

I will never see Bruce for example and he's in France for a festival, i can't go !!! if it was closer to where i live i could afford it :( Paolo Nutini sounds great too, would like to see him, and so many others ...

slippery89 06-24-2009 05:25 AM

AC/DC- August 14-United Center

Captain Walrus 06-24-2009 01:41 PM

Bruce Springsteen :D

BeExcellent 06-24-2009 02:15 PM

Ginger - Was checking to see when the Birmingham Wildhearts show was and discovered a Ginger warm-up show for Guilfest at a new venue (at least to me) in Btown. Might be unique. These kinda shows usually are. Nice surprise.

I will inevitably buy when I'm next in town tickets for the Rumble Strips and the Airborne Toxic Event.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.