Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

JackieBlue 10-03-2020 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1268585)
... You think just because Jon hasn't spoken to Richie for 2 plus years, he has no ideas how he's doing. Like they both live under rocks.

Did you miss Yovana's post together or are you just choosing to ignore it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1268503)
I saw a couple more quotes ...
"I don't even know how he is doing, which I very much regret because our friendship went very deep. In retrospect, everything that happened is a shame. The fact that he finally left the band happened at his own request and in the end it was the best thing for everyone involved."

What part of "I don't even know how he is doing" is covered by your assumption that mutual acquaintances are keeping Jon updated?

Eveline 10-03-2020 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1268612)
No. Who is going to buy the album because he spoke badly of Richie. It hasn't even generated any headlines...the comments have generally been buried in the interviews out there.

I believe he's righting a wrong. He took a lot of shit, publicly, when Richie left the band. He's now putting the record straight.

Sounds like taking a revenge. Either way, it's very low. Losing the smallest amount of respect left for this man. It's a shame really. Wish he would just stick to what's now because there's no way things are gonna change back to what they used to be. And no, the fans do see those bits and pieces in the interviews, too. It doesn't have to be written in bold letters, it's loud and clear anyway.

Eveline 10-03-2020 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1268613)
Wow that statement is really brutal especially since a) there are some who like 2020 b) it paints Jon as truly driven only by money and fame.

Interesting conclusion. I know some fans really like this album, no denying it. But then there's definitely a reason why JBJ started bringing RS up again and it somehow happens in the midst of promoting the latest release. Coincidence?

Supersonic 10-03-2020 08:36 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1268616)
Sounds like taking a revenge. Either way, it's very low. Losing the smallest amount of respect left for this man. It's a shame really. Wish he would just stick to what's now because there's no way things are gonna change back to what they used to be. And no, the fans do see those bits and pieces in the interviews, too. It doesn't have to be written in bold letters, it's loud and clear anyway.

Sure, Jon's the one who's taking low shots.

Richie left the tour a day before the show was supposed to happen. He not just bailed on Jon but bailed on an entire audience and team.

He then got involved with shitty tabloid writers to spread bullshit around. Started taking credit for songs he co-wrote pretending he wrote them. Started trashing the band by saying they took a wrong direction later in their career. Said he needed freedom. Claimed he'd been a lead-singer in all his previous bands. Started bigging himself up while both the band and BJM had done about a decade of trying to make sure he'd keep it together.

Meanwhile everyone in the band has never said a word. Never aired any dirty laundry. Jon's never said a word. Everyone in the industry knows what went on behind closed doors and no one's said anything. The booze. The cocaine. The painkillers. No one's said a word and those who did are constantly told they're liars by the Richie-police.

It's been over 5 years and what's Richie done? There's not a sober performance on youTube out there. Not a guitar solo without mistakes. Not a song without ****ups. Richie supposedly wanted freedom and what has he done with all that freedom? He's released **** all. Richie bailed and so far hasn't owned up to any of the bullshit he's pulled off the past 7 years.

But you're saying the lead singer and partner he worked with is not allowed to say a word because it's low? All these Bon Jovi fans trying to put the blame on Jon Bon Jovi by pretending Jon didn't have his back, or didn't do enough and constantly randomly select whatever information they want to take in what information they want to ignore. Richie Sambora did his first show out of his mind in 2005 and then left Bon Jovi in 2013. That's well over 7 years of unreliability. But yes. According to you Jon's the one who's doing low blows.

The mental gymnastics people try to pull off to make Jon look like the bad guy in this scenario are mind-boggling. I'm no fan of Jon Bon Jovi but the way this has been handled by him and everyone involved deserves nothing but praise.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

liljovi93 10-03-2020 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1268622)
Aloha !

Richie left the tour a day before the show was supposed to happen. He not just bailed on Jon but bailed on an entire audience and team.

He then got involved with shitty tabloid writers to spread bullshit around. Started taking credit for songs he co-wrote pretending he wrote them. Started trashing the band by saying they took a wrong direction later in their career. Started They made sure a backup guitarist knew the parts because it might fall apart anyway.

Meanwhile everyone in the band has never said a word. Never aired any dirty laundry. Jon's never said a word. Everyone in the industry knows what went on behind closed doors and no one's said anything. The booze. The cocaine. The painkillers. No one's said a word and those who did are constantly told they're liars by the Richie-police.

It's been over 5 years and what's Richie done? There's not a sober performance on youTube out there. Not a guitar solo without mistakes. Not a song without ****ups. Richie supposedly wanted freedom and what has he done with all that freedom? He's released **** all. Richie bailed and so far hasn't owned up to any of the bullshit he's pulled off the past 7 years.

But you're saying the lead singer and partner he worked with is not allowed to say a word because it's low? All these Bon Jovi fans trying to put the blame on Jon Bon Jovi by pretending Jon didn't have his back, or didn't do enough and constantly randomly select whatever information they want to take in what information they want to ignore. Richie Sambora did his first show out of his mind in 2005 and then left Bon Jovi in 2013. That's well over 7 years of unreliability. But yes. According to you Jon's the one who's doing low blows.

The mental gymnastics people try to pull off to make Jon look like the bad guy in this scenario are mind-boggling. I'm no fan of Jon Bon Jovi but the way this has been handled by him and everyone involved deserves nothing but praise.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Probably the best post I've seen by you.

Spot on.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

BJFan99 10-03-2020 08:47 PM

Quote:

Aloha !

He then got involved with shitty tabloid writers to spread bullshit around. Started taking credit for songs he co-wrote pretending he wrote them. Started trashing the band by saying they took a wrong direction later in their career. Said he needed freedom. Claimed he'd been a lead-singer in all his previous bands. Started bigging himself up while both the band and BJM had done about a decade of trying to make sure he'd keep it together.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Great post, I agree 100%.

JackieBlue 10-03-2020 09:13 PM

This is why I wish Jon would just shut up about Richie. In virtually every interview he's done since 2016, he's dragged Richie into it; and as soon as he does, people start up with this BS. Then, if anybody tries to correct misrepresented facts in their assumptions or faded memories, or tries to show how what Jon said "this time" contradicts what he said "last time", they're accused of defending Richie, of blaming Jon, of taking what Jon says too literally, of refusing to acknowledge the truth, or of beating a dead horse. Or all of the above.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1268606)
...Jon probably wants to clear the air that that's the reason.

You've said that, at some point, in every one of the last 5 promo cycles. According to you, Jon's been "clearing the air" or "putting the record straight", as RonJovi put it, since 2016. The air is crystal clear; and has been for some time. We get it. It's very clear that Jon wants people to believe that the only reason Richie "just didn't show up" is because of his addictions. Whether that's the truth or not.

I don't blame Jon for the split; and I honestly don't think that most of the fans, outside of a few extremists, think he's totally to blame, either. I personally think there's probably some shared responsibility, and that neither of them is lily white in what led to the split or when it comes to public relations since then.

But I also think Jon keeps the focus on Richie's addictions because he doesn't want anybody looking past that for anything else that may have caused Richie to leave. So I do blame him for keeping this fanbase divided over the situation. Because every time it starts to heal, there's a new round of promotions and he starts digging it right back up again. And if there ever was a reason to do that, that time has LONG since passed. He needs to let it go.

RonJovi 10-03-2020 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1268616)

It's not revenge. He's setting the record straight like any normal person would want to. He's not slagged Richie off in a "what a selfish waster" sort of way. He's just putting out there what happened because he had people say some pretty nasty stuff about him when this all kicked off. And Richie was one of the people spreading nonsense.

How Jon has done this has been a bit undignified but if I was him, I'd have been a lot less classy than Jon was at the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic
Aloha !

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

That, sir, is a magnificent post. Good effort.

rolo_tomachi 10-03-2020 09:19 PM

Quote:

Aloha !

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Okay, let's say Jon knows how to do his job very well, and protect his business. But the physical and mental exhaustion of record-tour-record-tour has taken its toll on Richie, who already had major personal problems. In fact, his arrogance and greed for business have made Jon lose his voice forever.

2013 WAN TOUR: 104 Shows
2011 Greastest Hits LIVE TOUR: 59 shows
2010 THE CIRCLE TOUR: 85 shows
2007/2008 LOST HIGHWAY TOUR: 98 shows

More than 100 shows in less than 1 year, that was crazy, the machine was never going to stop, so I can see how Richie couldn't face this, carrying personal problems pending since 2005. Jon knew this would happen, as it happened on 2011 tour.

They're not both saints, but Jon always prided himself on being the boss, the CEO, and neglected the human factor. Time and space is important to the health of your band. After that, Jon understood, but the cost was too great. Not only has he lost Richie, but he also lost his voice. Too bad he didn't lose his ego and arrogance.

In the end we are fans, we worry, even if Richie was the only culprit, I would defend this guy who is hitting rock bottom. And perhaps what bothers me the most is that Jon sees Richie as a basket case.

Eveline 10-03-2020 09:20 PM

Dunno why some fans think that by freedom RS meant working like crazy on his solo stuff and touring the world like he did with BJ but this time as a singer? Maybe he just wanted to do the same thing that JBJ is doing now: releasing stuff every four years and do a few gigs here and there with plenty of time in between? He did release RSO stuff so it's not like he did nothing. Whether it's good or not it's a matter of taste. Same with BJ current music. Each to their own.

And why should JBJ bring up Richie's problems just now when so much time has passed and the band allegedly moved on, releasing an album that has nothing to do with that unlike THINFS? And every time when JBJ opens his mouth, it's just the same string of insults? Is it about getting even now? Repeating this stuff again and again for what? Can't you see how wrong it is?

Besides I've observed a weird thing in the fandom. Every time you bring up *facts* about Jon like his shot voice, heavy political involvement, or annoying wine promotion, some fans attack you for not being the real fan of Bon Jovi or being merely a Richie fan. Well, Bon Jovi is no more. It's Jon's solo vehicle with Shanks being his right arm now. The real band died many years ago. It's not nostalgia when you watch the old vids on youtube. THAT was the real thing.