Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

Captain_jovi 05-03-2021 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1273463)
I can too. I get that. But that still doesn't make them "bad songs", just not to certain tastes. As I've said before, Richie isn't writing songs for us anymore, he's doing what he wants to do, making the music he wants, and more power to him for that.

I get what you are saying but I can't agree about Lyrics. The lyrics on Stranger spoke to me like no other album ever has when I was teenager (These Days being a close second). I could relate to so much of it. On every record there has been stuff that has grabbed me lyrically, including RSO.

I think to me Strangers lyrics were so good because they were coming from such a soulful place. Thinking back I think I'm way off base including that album in what I'm saying.

You're right, yeah, these aren't bad songs, they're just not what they want Richie to be doing. We're already getting a mish-mash of styles and I can't pin down if I like that or not. RSO had that huge problem, it doesn't make for cohesive albums. It's the downside to recording a 100 songs in between albums, it's so jarring going from track to track. My fingers are crossed with this.

GabrielC 05-03-2021 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1273459)
Funnily enough Pain IS an old song. "PAIN WHERE THERE ONCE WAS A HEART" has been registered and copywritten for a looooong time. I feel like I've heard of that title since 2007ish?

I am going to put down a hat I will eat if All that Glitters isn't the single. I think I've enjoyed it the least but Thinny is right, it is VERY modern sounding. A little Dave Grohl-y in the verses (which isn't a bad thing, Nowadays feels like a FF song).

If Norman's history about the song is true, I don't think it's the same song.

Captain_jovi 05-03-2021 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1273464)
I think to me Strangers lyrics were so good because they were coming from such a soulful place. Thinking back I think I'm way off base including that album in what I'm saying.

You're right, yeah, these aren't bad songs, they're just not what they want Richie to be doing. We're already getting a mish-mash of styles and I can't pin down if I like that or not. RSO had that huge problem, it doesn't make for cohesive albums. It's the downside to recording a 100 songs in between albums, it's so jarring going from track to track. My fingers are crossed with this.

Norm's story has nothing to do with the song though. He ended the anecdote talking about how the song isn't about Kyle, more to show what a good dude Richie is.

GabrielC 05-03-2021 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1273460)
Some people want Richie to produce the type of music they are expecting from him. Hence the comment "I hope he releases something old". Because it doesn't meet the expectations that some people have based on music that was written and recorded 30 years ago does not make it bad music. It just makes people's personal expectations unrealistic. Bon Jovi suffer from exactly the same thing as do any act that has been going for 30 + years. People want them to recreate the music that makes them feel nostagic. Artists generally are not interested in sounding exactly like they did 30 years ago. But a lot of fans want nothing more.
Aftermath didn't sound like Undiscovered Soul didn't sound like Stranger. Why would the new one would like any of those?

I for one have no interest in artists recreating the same albums over and over again. We have Stranger. I don't need Stranger redeux.

I'll judge the album when it's released. Some of what I've heard I really, like some of it I don't yet, but I'm not going to fall in love or crucify anything over a few short samples.

I'm not allowed to dislike the songs, then?
I love Aftermath and like some songs from RSO. I just don't like this new style Richie is taking. I am not expecting something, I just don't like what I've heard from the snippets. Will you allow me to disagree with you, or will you keep accusing someone that don't like something you like to be expecting Stranger 2?

adrianoizar 05-03-2021 03:08 AM

Samples of 4 New Songs

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1678

Artist : Richie Sambora
Album : Untitled
Genre : R&B
Year : 2021
Tracks : 4
Playtime : 00:04:29
Size : 19,84 MB
Codec : MPEG 1 Layer III / 320 kbps

01. All That Glitters (01:31)
02. Bag of Nails (00:54)
03. I Wrote My Life (00:46)
04. PAIN (01:16)

https://we.tl/t-1nO4zn12fP

GabrielC 05-03-2021 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1273466)
Norm's story has nothing to do with the song though. He ended the anecdote talking about how the song isn't about Kyle, more to show what a good dude Richie is.

You are right, I missed the part he said that is not related

Rdkopper 05-03-2021 03:25 AM

I think the problem is within that same old production style we've all grown to hate.

This is something that the band starting doing from 2000 forward and even more so with the birth of Shanks starting in 2005...

A solo attempt from Richie (or hopefully Jon too one day) is an opportunity to break away from all that. To offer something diffent and maybe go back to their roots.

Fans want to see progression and this style is a regression. Its not that fans want Stanger Part 2 but they want to see that artist back who brought them to this point in time.

Anyone can write lyrics and hand them over to a producer and say, make a song out of this. That's what I feel Shanks does for Jon... and now Bob Rock is doing with Richie.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 05-03-2021 04:03 AM

Like it or dislike it, horn heavy R&B tinted rock is new ground for Richie.

YOVANAfromPeru 05-03-2021 04:20 AM

It's like Richie wanna be young >_< jaja
it does sounds a lot like RSO
it's like RSO without Orianthi's voice
I don't listen his guitar shining
In other words, it's crap
I like when he sings with his guitar, simple
there's too much instruments to my taste in these latest songs
Actually, it's worse than RSO

Thinny 05-03-2021 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1273467)
I'm not allowed to dislike the songs, then?
I love Aftermath and like some songs from RSO. I just don't like this new style Richie is taking. I am not expecting something, I just don't like what I've heard from the snippets. Will you allow me to disagree with you, or will you keep accusing someone that don't like something you like to be expecting Stranger 2?

What? You are the one that said "Maybe I should give up on Richie solo songs. I hope someday we see old stuff released." which implies that you would prefer the new music to sound like the old stuff. I never said that you wern't allowed to dislike something. Don't be ridiculous.