Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   So Alec just disappeared again....? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70364)

rokuli 06-13-2018 06:26 PM

So Alec just disappeared again....?

Of course no one from the band gave personal interviews outside Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame ceremony but its still a bit odd good ol' Al disappeared again...I wonder will we ever heard of him again. Hopefully in some way or another....

Walleris 06-13-2018 06:29 PM

I think other than a fan picture here and there, I think that was the last truly public appearance he will ever make.

DryCounty 06-13-2018 07:05 PM

To be honest, the big mass don't really care for Alec. The big Hall of Fame happening was Richie playing with the band again and Alec's return was just mentioned briefly around media. For me Alec appearing with the band again after all these years was way cooler than Richie.
But Alec has made a very good job staying away from the spotlight. To be honest I only think the real die hards cared about him being there. Real shame.

I'd love to hear some fresh interviews with Alec talking about his time in the band looking in the rearview mirror. There are still a lot of mystery around his time in the band for me. Of course we'd all like to know what he has done since 1994. But like Walleris said, I think this was his last public apperance.

rokuli 06-13-2018 10:59 PM

truetrue...but in case you havent checked this one out, please do, its rather interesting & candid (recorded late summer 1987 I guess):

Becky 06-13-2018 11:03 PM

Alec always had a reputation for being elusive.

Rdkopper 06-14-2018 04:45 AM

Great Topic but not much to say!!!

jazzsta 06-14-2018 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1242533)
Great Topic but not much to say!!!

Haha exatctly!

steel_horse75 06-14-2018 12:03 PM

Someone on twitter who was at the RNR Hall of fame said they didnt even think he was playing when on stage.

WhamATC 06-14-2018 12:10 PM

I saw his playing on LOAP (Alec's playing) and the chords seemed to be correct.
(I play a bit guitar)

bonjovi90 06-14-2018 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhamATC (Post 1242539)
I saw his playing on LOAP (Alec's playing) and the chords seemed to be correct.
(I play a bit guitar)

He was playing, but so was Hugh and I have the feeling that Alec's bass was either muted or so low in the mix that you couldn't recognize it.

bobby_from_finland 08-23-2018 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1242543)
He was playing, but so was Hugh and I have the feeling that Alec's bass was either muted or so low in the mix that you couldn't recognize it.

I wish they would have done one song just with the five guys, with allowing Alec do his backing vocals.

Thinny 08-23-2018 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobby_from_finland (Post 1244112)
I wish they would have done one song just with the five guys, with allowing Alec do his backing vocals.

Bad name would have been perfect for that! Then bring Hugh on in place of Alec for It's My Life, Phil, Shanks etc join them for When We Were Us then everyone for Prayer. It's a no brainer and would have been much more interesting!

bonjovi90 08-23-2018 07:03 PM

I'm not too sure Alec can still pull off his falsetto. It was extremely high and moreover was already over the edge at some points in 1993.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Walleris 08-23-2018 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1244114)
I'm not too sure Alec can still pull off his falsetto. It was extremely high and moreover was already over the edge at some points in 1993.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Falsetto doesn't age. If he practices, he should be able to sing it no problem.

That being said, I was never a fan of his backing vocals, so I didn't miss them at all during the induction performance.

Becky 08-23-2018 10:15 PM

At least Alec showed up. The members of Dire Straits inducted themselves. Keith Urban was going to reschedule a show to induct them, but he found out they weren’t all coming, so he opted to not inconvenience everyone who had already bought concert tickets.

It’s kind of sad... do the members hate each other so much they refuse to be in the same room? Do they just not care about the HOF?

I realize nothing Bon Jovi would have done would have pleased all the fans, but I respect that they all showed up and didn’t do anything controversial or stupid. They enjoyed the experience and I’m happy it happened while they are all still alive.

Supersonic 08-25-2018 11:53 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1244118)
It’s kind of sad... do the members hate each other so much they refuse to be in the same room? Do they just not care about the HOF?

Several members haven't spoken in years with the 2 brothers being most prominent. Dire Straits never had the same line up, so who is the Hall of Fame to decide who was most important in the band and deserves to be inducted?

As for why they didn't show up; They don't care. To a lot of people the Hall of Fame is a very American thing. It's often mentioned in the press over here but it's considered "your party". I guess in the end the European approach is a bit cynical in regards to who gets in and who doesn't as acts are nominated by a committee. I don't get the hype among Bon Jovi and their fans either. Do you really need the award to feel some validation for your work and fandom?

I'd have liked to see Dire Straits perform again, but it'd never be as good as it was 30 years ago. Mark Knopfler's mindset is completely different and his approach to Dire Straits songs is different as well. Unlike a certain band some acts do know when to stop.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Thinny 08-25-2018 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1244126)
I don't get the hype among Bon Jovi and their fans either. Do you really need the award to feel some validation for your work and fandom?

They hype was simple, it had nothing to do with the award itself, it was the fact that it was the only way in hell that we would ever be able to see Alec and Richie back with the band one last time...

Eveline 08-26-2018 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1244137)
They hype was simple, it had nothing to do with the award itself, it was the fact that it was the only way in hell that we would ever be able to see Alec and Richie back with the band one last time...

This! People stayed overnight to watch the perfomance live online and man, it makes me emotional every time I watch the vids. Still hoping for Rich going back to Jon but it takes two to tango, right?

rokuli 04-16-2021 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1244137)

Yes. This.

I have this particular photo printed because *thats all folks*:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a4/87...664ae0fbd4.jpg

YOVANAfromPeru 04-17-2021 02:30 AM

https://instagram.ftru2-1.fna.fbcdn...._nc_sid=83d603
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNq0ppqB_-A/

GabrielC 04-26-2021 10:40 PM

This is cool!