Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Iron Maiden (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=41233)

born_to_run 02-06-2008 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeExcellent (Post 802748)
I LOVE A Matter of Life and Death. Love, Love, Love it. My second favourite Maiden album after Seventh Son.

I don't get why people don't like it so much. I honestly don't. Easily the best of the three reunion albums (and therefore the best thing they have pulled off in 20 years). It can't solely be because it's a little more midpaced than the classic era. The music is just too interesting. It really does feel like they've finally got that dark, progressive sound down that they've been working on ever since Fear of the Dark. It's the first time they've managed to keep the arrangements fresh, the sound and melody crisp, the lyrics interesting and exploring a theme in depth. Performance wise, Nicko and Bruce just shine.

The tour was an absolute dream for me - a far, far more satisfying experience than the mixed up setlists in the festival shows later last year. The only dissapointment was the predictable choice of their classics at the end - I could happily never hear 2 Minutes to Midnight again as long as I live.

IMHO a very boring album. Songs are way too long and stretched in length by singing the chorus over and over again. I heard it numerous times and til now I cannot even remember one single song. They sound all the same. I ainÄt too impressed with all of the three Maiden Reunion albums I have to say!!!

Living_on_my_Hair 02-06-2008 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by born_to_run (Post 802753)
IMHO a very boring album. Songs are way too long and stretched in length by singing the chorus over and over again. I heard it numerous times and til now I cannot even remember one single song. They sound all the same. I ainÄt too impressed with all of the three Maiden Reunion albums I have to say!!!

I love Brave New world but Born_to_run has a point which i agree on - the last two albums have had lots of overly long and boring songs, trying to go for this 'prog rock' element but missing the mark completely and just coming across as a bit dull really. The last two albums have been missing the big hooks and choruses of classic Maiden (yes,the sound is still definately there and the musicianship is excellent, but the melodies are not as strong).

just my opinion

andi

born_to_run 02-08-2008 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 802766)
I love Brave New world but Born_to_run has a point which i agree on - the last two albums have had lots of overly long and boring songs, trying to go for this 'prog rock' element but missing the mark completely and just coming across as a bit dull really. The last two albums have been missing the big hooks and choruses of classic Maiden (yes,the sound is still definately there and the musicianship is excellent, but the melodies are not as strong).

just my opinion

andi

The production on "AMOLAD" is amazing and so is Bruce voice! But the songs just don't hit the nail

Captain Walrus 04-28-2008 02:00 AM

I just won 2 tickets for Twickenham! :D

Living_on_my_Hair 04-28-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus (Post 822393)
I just won 2 tickets for Twickenham! :D

Can I come?

andi

C'monFeet 03-07-2010 02:12 PM

IRON MAIDEN ANNOUNCE NEW STUDIO ALBUM "THE FINAL FRONTIER"
AND NORTH AMERICAN TOUR

IRON MAIDEN are pleased to announce that their forthcoming new studio album will be called 'THE FINAL FRONTIER', and is expected be released late summer of this year.

The announcement comes with news of a North American Tour with Very Special Guests Dream Theater to open in Dallas, Texas, on 9th June and finish in Washington D.C. on 20th July, making it Maiden's most extensive North American tour in many years.

Following these shows in USA and Canada The Final Frontier World Tour will travel back to Europe for a few selected major festival and stadium shows with the band planning to continue to many other countries in 2011 (full currently confirmed dates below).

The full Live Nation North America press release for the North American Tour is posted here.

An exclusive pre-sale allowing members of the IRON MAIDEN fan club first access to tickets to the North American Maiden Shows will be made available two days prior to them being available to the public.

Tickets for the Canadian shows will go on sale to the public on Saturday 13th March at 10am PST (10am EST for Toronto and 12 noon EST Montreal).
Exclusive first access to the tickets will be available to IM fan club members on Wednesday 10th March at 10am PST through to Thursday 11th March at 6pm PST (EST for Toronto).
Regretfully due to technical reasons an exclusive Pre-Sale in Montreal is not possible.

Tickets for the US Shows will go on sale to the public on Saturday 20th March at 10am EST.
Exclusive first access to the tickets will be available to IM fan club members on Wednesday 17th March at 10am through to Thursday 18th March at 6pm

As IRON MAIDEN are actively dedicated to ensuring their fans always have access to the best possible tickets at the fairest possible price, without being subject to scalping for good seats, so many North American shows will operate, at least in part, a paperless ticket policy: More information on Ticketmaster Paperless Ticketing can be found here

To give IRON MAIDEN fan club members a privileged insight to their touring world, IMTV will return to www.ironmaiden.com to cover THE FINAL FRONTIER WORLD TOUR. This exclusive footage includes regular video from the live shows, touring, band interviews, insights into our crew and what they do and much much more. The website will also feature exclusive tour diaries, exclusive photographs and anything else that helps the fans get a real insight into the dynamics of a big tour.

**THE FINAL FRONTIER 2010 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR**
With Very Special Guests Dream Theater

JUNE
Wed 09
Fri 11
Sat 12
Mon 14
Wed 16
Thu 17
Sat 19
Sun 20
Tue 22
Thu 24
Sat 26
Tue 29
Wed 30
Dallas, TX - Superpages.com Center
Houston, TX - Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center
Denver, CO - Comfort Dental Amphitheatre
Albuquerque, NM - The Pavilion
Phoenix, AZ - Cricket Wireless Pavilion
San Bernardino, CA - San Manuel Amphitheatre
Concord, CA - Sleep Train Pavilion
Auburn, WA - White River Amphitheatre
Vancouver, BC - GM Place
Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place
Saskatoon, SK - Credit Union Center
Winnipeg, MB - MTS Center +
+Dream Theater will not be performing in Winnipeg

JULY
Sat 03
Wed 07
Sun 11
Mon 12
Wed 14
Thu 15
Sat 17
Sun 18
Tue 20

Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheatre
Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
Holmdel, NJ - PNC
New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
Pittsburgh, PA - First Niagara Pavilion
Cleveland, OH - Blossom Music Center
Detroit, MI - DTE Energy Music Theatre
Chicago, IL - First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
Washington D.C. - Jiffy Lube Live

**THE FINAL FRONTIER 2010 EUROPEAN TOUR**

July 30 -Aug 1

AUGUST
Thur 05
Sat 07
Sun 08
Wed 11 UK - Knebworth Sonisphere Festival

Germany - Wacken Festival
Sweden - Stockholm Stora Skuggan Sonisphere Festival
Finland - Helsinki Pori's Kirjurinluoto Sonisphere Festival
Norway- Bergen Bergenhus Festning - Koengen

Captain Walrus 03-08-2010 12:52 AM

**** yeah, I've been waiting for this for a few years now! :p

Panda 03-08-2010 07:15 AM

wtf do i always gotta travel to ****ing edmonton to see bands live. There are way more people that live in Calgary and they sell way more tickets for gig. WTF are these promoters doing.. Ah well I MAY go see them in edmonton. I saw them in 2008, and they were very good, (played loads of 80s stuff which I loved!!!) so Im looking forward to this tour... if I go.

Panda 03-08-2010 07:54 AM

... Just had a massive text battle with friends. Looks like 5 of us are going on a road trip :D

C'monFeet 06-11-2010 10:12 AM

Final Frontier Tour setlist - 11 post 2000 songs, 5 ultra-predictable classics. All of a sudden it's a little less likely I'll be making the journey to Sonsiphere.

# The Wicker Man
# Ghost Of The Navigator
# Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
# El Dorado
# Paschendale
# The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
# These Colours Don't Run
# Blood Brothers
# Wildest Dreams
# No More Lies
# Brave New World
# Fear Of The Dark