Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Nodules on Jon's vocal chords??? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=7907)

Ride Cowboy Ride 03-07-2003 09:09 PM

Nodules on Jon's vocal chords???

ok, long story short, I was talking to some guy on a train and got talking about music, and then Bon Jovi.
This guy told me that he feels sorry for Jon because apparently he has some sort of nodules (he explained them as spots or ulcers) on Jon's vocal chords and it damages Jon's voice, apparently Rod Stewart had the same problem as well. He said that everytime you really stretch your voice then it leaves lasting damage on your vocal chords.

Has anyone else heard something like this? It kinda makes sense, wasn't Jon told in the New Jersey days that he wouldn't be able to talk, let alone sing if he continued singing the way he used to.

If this is true, then its such a shame that he voice seems to have been robbed off him because of this.

Jon please don't sing a high note again, I would prefer you sounding like you are now. If it means singing Dry County or Always full pelt will make you sound like a dying baboon in 10 years time, dont sing them.

Iceman 03-07-2003 10:28 PM

Somebody shouldn't believe everything he hears... I've heard the same thing about Springsteen and a couple of others, and they're still doing it just like before...

Ice

Thomas Anderson 03-07-2003 10:47 PM

During the Slippery When Wet/New Jersey tours, didn't Jon have to have cortizan (sp) injections to sustain his voice?

If it got that bad, that he needed that, it may have weakened his voice ever since. He doesn't hit the high notes in Livin' On A Prayer anymore, but Dave and Richie manage to cover that, but he can still do Wanted Dead Or Alive well.

Jersey_Girl 03-10-2003 09:46 PM

I heard, if you are breathing wrong when you are singing, you can lose your voice and that's forever.

Captain Crash 03-10-2003 10:34 PM

Jon does not have nodules on his vocal chords..

However, Scott Stapp is trying to recover for the ones he has... and we all know that Creed isn't a band with many high notes.

Iceman 03-10-2003 10:39 PM

You can not lose your voice by breathing wrong... Also, high notes have nothing to do with losing your voice. It's a question of technique, how you use your voice. And it's really all individual. Some can scream their heads off all their lives, some lose their voice after a 3 hour gig. But you can't lose your voice permanently and never speak again. It's a myth.

You can damage your voice and lose notes, but it's all about your individual characteristics. And since vocal chords are just a muscle, you can train it and keep it fit.

Ice

letitrock 03-10-2003 10:47 PM

Quote:

If it got that bad, that he needed that, it may have weakened his voice ever since. He doesn't hit the high notes in Livin' On A Prayer anymore, but Dave and Richie manage to cover that, but he can still do Wanted Dead Or Alive well.
there are no high parts in WDOA

and it's not that he can't, it's that he wont'

he stopped doing it during 89 NJ tour but occasionally did them... same 1990/91...

KTF hardly ever - does in Stockholm 93

not again since then though

Thomas Anderson 03-10-2003 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by letitrock
Quote:

With Wanted Dead Or Alive, I was reffering to the parts in the video. When Jon hits certain notes, you can really see the pain in his face, as if he is really struggling to do it.

He manages now though, although he doesn't seem to sing it with quite as much emotion.

letitrock 03-10-2003 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Anderson
Quote:

Originally Posted by letitrock
Quote:

With Wanted Dead Or Alive, I was reffering to the parts in the video. When Jon hits certain notes, you can really see the pain in his face, as if he is really struggling to do it.

He manages now though, although he doesn't seem to sing it with quite as much emotion.

ah right i know what you mean

he wasn't struggling - he was just putting his ALL in - now he doesn't - not even 93/95 tours (or even NJ for that matter)

letitrock 03-10-2003 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flocke
There ARE high notes in Wanted. I play a little bit guitar, got the chords and they ARE high.
:?
Most of their songs contain of high notes.

they're not that high...